August 20, 2024, 07:47:23 PM

Author Topic: Who should replace Scott?  (Read 27786 times)

Zotisbot

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thismachinekillshonkeys
Re: Who should replace Scott?
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2009, 11:17:44 PM »
He already isn't twice over, but he was offered the gig and then turned it down.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2009, 05:19:52 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "Zotisbot"
Yikes... not me.  Hey a few posts back I asked if anyone had any further details on the Corabi situation.  Does anyone?

Never heard of him, but just like everyone else, he's probably not going to be the singer.

Corabi is a great singer.  He was the singer for Motley Crue for one album when Vince had the boot.

Too bad VR couldn't land him.  No one could ever replace Scott, but Corabi would have been interesting.

Zotisbot

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
I love that Crue record he sings on.  Totally RIPS!  Too bad it was automatically dismissed when the general public saw the name on the cover.  In any case he briefly mentions the VR thing in this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7l3fn1w ... re=related  (Not sure if it's in part 1, 2 or 3).  I was just wondering if someone had more details about it or could point me to an article or another interview by one of the guys somewhere.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »
Seriously, what the fuck is going on with this band? They have been all talk with a new front man. But the problem with searching is you got Duff doing the Loaded thing, Slash with his new record of superstars, Matt jerking off bipolar bears, and Dave being a good guy with whatever he does.

I read somewhere that this April they were going to announce their no-name frontman - is this confirmed? Also I heard they were going to release one or two songs with some random other singer, not even the no-named dude?

What the fuck do we know fo sho about this band?? *Post awesome comeback here*
adhesive love

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2009, 02:39:30 PM »
Like a month ago Duff said they got the guy and it will be announced in a few weeks, days later he said he was misunderstood that they haven't found the singer yet...  ::)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »
They're gonna find themselves begging Scott to come back.
Back for another one

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2009, 09:39:39 PM »
On April 1st, they're going to welcome back Scott as the new lead singer.
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2009, 10:02:48 PM »
Sad how there's more news and people pay A LOT more interest on this than the new STP album.
If you only knew..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2009, 11:06:38 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Sad how there's more news and people pay A LOT more interest on this than the new STP album.

No one really cares who the singer is going to be, because most of us probably don't plan on listening to their new album for anything other than laughs.

It isn't Velvet Revolver without their singer. They need to just change their name and stop living in the past.

Change their name to Variety Show or something.
Bleeda blooda

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2009, 03:54:30 AM »
Yeah, Scott kind of made it "Velvet". Without him, it's just "Revolver", and that kind of reminds me of another certain band...

Change the name to Fuzzy Revolver.
Back for another one

Zotisbot

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2009, 07:06:34 AM »
I always thought their name was retarded myself, and initially I couldn't help but think underground each time I heard it.  Anyway, I'm not interested in who they get, but was interested in why they didn't get Corabi.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2009, 09:36:43 AM »

No one really cares who the singer is going to be, because most of us probably don't plan on listening to their new album for anything other than laughs.

It isn't Velvet Revolver without their singer. They need to just change their name and stop living in the past.

someone's been sippin' that hatorade....

oh well, at least i'm interested, so long as it's someone good, they need someone better than john corabi tho, come on he was a motley crue replacement, lets hope for better for our boys
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2009, 09:42:03 AM »
You have no idea how thrilled I would be if they released something even half the caliber of what they had with Scott.
Bleeda blooda

Zotisbot

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2009, 11:12:03 PM »
Quote from: "Slither"

oh well, at least i'm interested, so long as it's someone good, they need someone better than john corabi tho, come on he was a motley crue replacement, lets hope for better for our boys

To pigeonhole john corabi as nothing more than, "a motley crue replacement" is quite a mistake.  I doubt you've even heard the record he recorded with them.  Or his work with The Scream, or anything else he's done for that matter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtW6lKl9-1k

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2009, 04:06:21 PM »
Quote from: "Zotisbot"
Quote from: "Slither"

To pigeonhole john corabi as nothing more than, "a motley crue replacement" is quite a mistake.  I doubt you've even heard the record he recorded with them.  Or his work with The Scream, or anything else he's done for that matter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtW6lKl9-1k

+1 Corabi has talent.