July 15, 2024, 04:04:51 PM

Author Topic: Who should replace Scott?  (Read 26536 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Who should replace Scott?
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »
I think Brett Scallions, the old singer from Fuel should be the new frontman. I actually liked Fuel's albums with Brett.

I'm surprised his name hasn't come up more, it seems like he would be a popular guy. He doesn't seem to have done very many successful things since leaving Fuel.

And plus he's very well known singer in a completely different music scene than any of VR's members/former. Sort of like the difference between STP and GNR fans.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2008, 12:12:22 PM »
I like his name.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »
Brett Scallions is the perfect candidate for the position IMO. He's been my number one choice since Scott left. But he really should change his first name to Rap.

Get it? Rap Scallions? Eh eh?
Back for another one

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2008, 03:28:04 PM »
Actually that would be pretty interesting...I would maybe buy that album
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2008, 12:14:43 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
Actually that would be pretty interesting...I would maybe buy that album

He sounds like an angel compared to that new guy Fuel has. He sounds like he's got something crammed too far up some place where things shouldn't be crammed.
Bleeda blooda

jwarr5150

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »
I kind of liked the idea of Lenny Kravitz. It was a rumor awhile back,but LK quickly squashed it.
Also,John Corabi(ex-Motley Crue,The Scream,Union) was asked-he declined.
Chris Cornell,I bet he was asked.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2009, 10:10:31 PM »
Brett i guess he tried out but Matt Sorum said hes more into just laying back and doing covers i guess theyre like best buddies or something but he used to be all over camp freddy until he went on tour with the doors, John Corabi came around for the 2nd time he was instrested but it didnt work cuz duff said they didnt have similar influences or interests, this is funny two times i saw VR lenny was present and i was thinkin maybe he was gonna jam but i guess he was just there to see them it was all blown out of proportion! and no ketih caputo isnt doing it either my main question was who the hell gave them that phone call, i kept thinkin Scott Stapp HE is a big name vocalist for the industry, he might be washed up for some of us but alot of people think the same about Scott W. also, and this is out of subject but i couldnt stop laughin at how much ass this guy kisses http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=99551
If you only knew..

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2009, 12:41:51 PM »
Bret Scallions doesn't have the pipes. or the writing talent. In Fuel, the guitarist wrote all the lyrics unless i am mistaken.

Vinnie from Sponge is an excellent choice.

Mike Patton is a godly choice, but he already laughed in their faces when they asked him to join Pre-Weiland.

JS Clayden would be an interesting choice. They should pick him.

But i hear it's going to be the guy from Spacehog

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »
YAH! I saw in a rock magazine a few days ago the official new band photo! I was shocked only cause  I thought that they would never find a new lead singer and maybe bring Scott back in! Heh but ya the lead singer of Spacehog! In the photo the guy kinda dressed the same as Scott. He was a tall stylish skinny guy. We all remember that one hit Spacehog had in the 90's. I think it was called But In The Meantime. I think the guy has a pretty cool voice so I would definitely give the band a listen. He's some british guy or something? Idk. But dang it definitely made me do a double take seeing a new lead guy in front of the rest of the VR members! I wish them the best!  I forgot what recent magazine the new band photo it's in. Maybe if someone knows they can post it up on here. I just hope this guy can sing Scott's VR songs!  ;D

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2009, 01:14:15 PM »
Just to add to that...no matter how cool or talented the new guy is, he'll never sing Slither live quite like Scott did on stage! Amen! O0

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2009, 09:14:46 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Brett i guess he tried out but Matt Sorum said hes more into just laying back and doing covers i guess theyre like best buddies or something but he used to be all over camp freddy until he went on tour with the doors, John Corabi came around for the 2nd time he was instrested but it didnt work cuz duff said they didnt have similar influences or interests, this is funny two times i saw VR lenny was present and i was thinkin maybe he was gonna jam but i guess he was just there to see them it was all blown out of proportion! and no ketih caputo isnt doing it either my main question was who the hell gave them that phone call, i kept thinkin Scott Stapp HE is a big name vocalist for the industry, he might be washed up for some of us but alot of people think the same about Scott W. also, and this is out of subject but i couldnt stop laughin at how much ass this guy kisses http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=99551
Longest. Sentence. Ever :)

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2009, 06:30:49 AM »
Quote from: "Virgojams"
Just to add to that...no matter how cool or talented the new guy is, he'll never sing Slither live quite like Scott did on stage! Amen! O0

Right.

The same way Sammy Hagar couldn't hit DLR's notes? haha

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2009, 02:37:22 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDu761pGGzY

THIS GUY IS IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
If you only knew..

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2009, 02:49:04 AM »
New lead singer is former frontman of Spacehog.

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2009, 05:12:40 AM »
Quote from: "Virgojams"
New lead singer is former frontman of Spacehog.

Are there any sources to confirm this? I thought the search was on hold until Slash finished working on his solo album.