October 04, 2024, 12:23:50 AM

Author Topic: Breakup  (Read 31466 times)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Interview
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2008, 09:09:51 PM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
Duff's comments, especially, are very fair, balanced and ring 100% true to me.

Yep.  I know some people will disagree but Duff is a stand up guy and would not do anything to hurt Scott intentionally.  Those two were supposedly pretty close for a time. 

I think its sad everything that has transpired, but I really believe the only true ill-will is between Scott and Sorum, not Scott and VR. 

Those guys just dont want to work with Scott anymore, doesnt mean they hate him.  Unfortunately, niceties dont make for selling magazines/newspapers. 

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2008, 09:24:23 PM »
I agree.  Duff didn't have to say the positive stuff about Scott that he did as far as being a frontman etc.  I even thought Scott was pretty "nice" about Slash in his interview with Stern for the most.  However, I do think it was ridiculously childish for the way they released the info about Scott not being in the band any longer.  Granted, it may have been retaliation for Scott anouncing that it was the last VR tour. 

I am sure Scott always felt like the outsider especially when things weren't going well considering the history the other guys have together.

As far as the voices during the show, I have no doubt it was Sorum.  I have the NYE VR show downloaded and I can hear him singing way too much on my ipod.  My wife was even like-what the hell is that, I said that is Sorum and it is terrible.

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »
That article was so one sided, that is not balanced journalism. When one of the REAL rock mags does an article on STP b/c their tour is doing HUGE business this summer, hopefully Scott will shed some light on the situation.
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

gizallinyabiz

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2008, 10:28:41 PM »
I think Duffs a stand up guy too...i dont know how much he did it but i know the shows i was at you could see that mutufucka singin all the time

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2008, 11:51:36 PM »
Quote from: "BrianLev"
It's like a bad stereotype of a girlfriend that brings up every mishap whether it's gone in the past or fresh.

But speaking of Scott, anybody got his interview?

he did all but say he had a small penis
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

coma09

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2008, 03:10:15 AM »
i thought that VR site was closed down, i agree with Duff he was never one to bash anyone in his band, he was the last one to leave GNR that says somethin

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2008, 04:54:10 PM »
Duff is one of my favorite musicians of all time.. Not only that but I totatly repect the kind of person he is.. He's got a heart of gold and I don't think he'd intentionally hurt anyone.. Espcially his friends..
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

The Joker

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2008, 04:34:42 AM »
Duff has always been so kind when I have met him....You can tell he is over the whole rock star persona and just wants to play music

Hoodstock

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Velvet Revolver to Part Ways With Singer
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2008, 03:55:37 PM »
Quote from: "Rik"
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Velvet Revolver founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner announced today that they are parting ways with singer Scott Weiland. "This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," said Slash. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic on-stage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site ... ewsLang=en

The statement that he's not 100% commited leaves me to wonder how successful the STP reunion will be in the long run.  I hope it is a long run.
Hoodstock

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Velvet Revolver to Part Ways With Singer
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2008, 01:24:30 AM »
Quote from: "Hoodstock"
The statement that he's not 100% commited leaves me to wonder how successful the STP reunion will be in the long run.  I hope it is a long run.
oh they are full of shit...scott is just more of a private person then them....he quit anyways
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott's Reply to VR Statement
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2008, 01:25:56 AM »
wasn't sebastion bach on gilmore girls...what a frontman

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Weiland blasts Sorum and Slash, said STP has "motivated him"
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2008, 01:26:58 AM »
i think i am giving up on them...I was in it for scott...i can't imagine someone else singing those songs

gizallinyabiz

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »
Quote from: "wild_eyes"
ok...I have to defend Duff on this one. I'm not sure how many of you play bass on this forum but I do and I've played many Duff bass lines and he's an underrated talent. So what he doesn't play shit like Flea or someone like that...does that make him any less talented? No...he has a different style of playing. What makes a great bass player is really in their groove and how they can hold down the battle ship, so to speak, and tie the music all together...and Duff does just that. Have you ever seen the bass line to songs like Don't Damn Me, Locamotive, or even Fall to Pieces? Those are amazing. Or what about those bass parts that just kick your ass or are memorable right from the start...what would Sweet Child, Right Next Door to Hell, or Big Machine be without the bass line? Or the newer VR stuff like Spay? Duff is a great bass player...end of story.

The Bass line in Spay is the shit

hockeyman2295

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2008, 03:20:02 AM »
scott's much happier in STP!!!

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile