October 04, 2024, 02:30:09 AM

Author Topic: Breakup  (Read 31470 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Scott's Reply to VR Statement
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2008, 04:31:30 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
He was a frontrunner with Weiland initially!
Along with Todd Kerns, Josh Todd, Michael Matijevic, Kelly Shaefer, and Travis Meeks.

I can see Bach fitting with them though. I'm sure he's not busy.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Crackerman

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
Didn't Sabastian Bach recently release an album? I think it was called Angel Down, he's probably supporting that album now.
Term: Stone Temple Pilots
Definition: Ancient Aztec priests who use magic to fly humungous stone pyr

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
I think that it will be Bach and I suspect that Scott knows this already - why mention him by name otherwise?

I don't know if this has been posted before but I think it may be relevant:

"Ok, Bach was interviewed on SmartAss radio on 5th March and he basically got a phone call right before he went on air Bach talks about it and says "I just got a call that will change my life...but I can't say anything about it".

It's obvious that the phone call rattled him because he keeps thinking about it and going "fuck" (insert excitable Baz accent here). Then he says it will probably all make sense in a couple of weeks time.

Later on he keeps going "Dude your not going to believe this one - FUCK!".

Then he talks about opening for Poison (well he says he can't talk about that either, but then does anyhow) he says it's "The Biggest Tour of the Summer", then he goes, "But the phone call I just got could change everything"."

(Thx to Saikin)

Anyway, I hated Contraband, loved Libertad but I'm just glad that Scott is finally home and I very much hope that all this stuff gets put to bed and future interviews etc. are more about the music instead of "VR...blah...drugs...blah...etc".

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2008, 06:32:18 PM »
Man I can't imagine Bach singing Libertad songs.

But oh Scotty boy would never go out without a fight haha.

"Good hunting, lads — I think Sebastian Bach would be a fantastic choice."

That quote is A+
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2008, 08:07:48 PM »
It may very well end up being Sebastian Bach. It would be the death of VR to me. The man is a tool.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2008, 08:09:27 PM »
Quote from: "SilvergunSuperman"
It may very well end up being Sebastian Bach. It would be the death of VR to me. The man is a tool.

SAVAGE ANIMAL
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Velvet Revolver to Part Ways With Singer
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
Speaking of Audioslave, I was thinking last week how VR should audition Cornell.  The boys in VR seem much more laid back and easier to get along with than the ecclectic personalities that make up Rage.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2008, 11:56:15 PM »
Its funny how all the articles ive read make it sound that Wieland seperation of the band wasnt his choice ...

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitestripes.net
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2008, 02:45:27 AM »
Yes, I want to hear VR do 18 and Life.. and Monkey Business!!
My web community: WhiteStripes.net (13 years old as of Feb 2015)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2008, 04:05:40 AM »
Quote from: "Eighth Caged Tiger"
Speaking of Audioslave, I was thinking last week how VR should audition Cornell.  The boys in VR seem much more laid back and easier to get along with than the ecclectic personalities that make up Rage.

Funny. Me and my buddy were just talking about that today. He brought up Cornell. But I don't see him fitting in with VR either. To me, Scott and Chris are from a similar mold, speaking from an artistic standpoint.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

redneckhippie45

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2008, 05:50:44 AM »
anyone else think velvet revolver kinda sucked anyway? the first album was good but the second one...i mean it didnt sound like scott or slash. slash is awesome but he didnt do much on that album and the same goes for scott. Bach would fit perfectly, he IS a tool. and i think Travis Meeks has better stuff to do. like make "good" music b/c he is way too talented, has perfected his own style, and v.r. kinda sucked anyway. well they didnt suck but i say they did b/c they should have been so much better. all that talent...

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2008, 06:57:10 AM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
Its funny how all the articles ive read make it sound that Wieland seperation of the band wasnt his choice ...

yea i know. its because of all the egos of gunner fans i think. they wouldnt even think of somebody leaving slash and others.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2008, 02:55:12 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Funny. Me and my buddy were just talking about that today. He brought up Cornell. But I don't see him fitting in with VR either. To me, Scott and Chris are from a similar mold, speaking from an artistic standpoint.

I dont see Cornell working either.  I think his vocal style would also be in dissonance with the VR sound.  Just my opinion. 

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »
Quote from: "redneckhippie45"
anyone else think velvet revolver kinda sucked anyway? the first album was good but the second one...i mean it didnt sound like scott or slash. slash is awesome but he didnt do much on that album and the same goes for scott. Bach would fit perfectly, he IS a tool. and i think Travis Meeks has better stuff to do. like make "good" music b/c he is way too talented, has perfected his own style, and v.r. kinda sucked anyway. well they didnt suck but i say they did b/c they should have been so much better. all that talent...

Libertad was a great CD, but it was very different from Contraband and as such a lot of people didnt get it. 

That said, there are other threads dedicated to a discussion of whether or not VR or Libertad "sucked", if you want to weigh in your opinion there (see the below links). This thread is about Scott's reply to the formal VR statement. 
http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=2173.0
http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=2091.0

I agree with you, Bach is a tool.  So is Travis Meeks (IMO), but I understand I am in the minority on that one around here. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:00:45 PM by Aaron »

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I dont see Cornell working either.  I think his vocal style would also be in dissonance with the VR sound.  Just my opinion. 

Agreed.