October 04, 2024, 04:26:37 AM

Author Topic: Breakup  (Read 31475 times)

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
Re: Duff talks scott 2.
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »
It seem's to me the VR boys are getting more than just a little bitter, they've been trawling for a new singer for ages now and nothing whilst Scott has done huge business with the STP reunion and now the second solo album, elsewhere another former bandmate is about to release 'Chinese Democracy' and these guys look like they're standing still. Great new forum layout!  ::)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »
What's the point in keeping talking about Scott? It's not like they've got anything new to say, just the same shit over and over again.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »
Ehh... more bullshit from the interchangeable band members.

It's a lot easier to find a guy who can play an instrument than a singer,song writing, front man... let alone one as good as Scott.  Not to get Axl involved in this, but those guys are way fucken spoiled to have had a chance to play with Axl, and Scott.  Aside from a few older rockers... there's nobody alive that is even close to the talent level of Axl or Scott.  

As much as these guys want to badmouth their former frontmen, they're kidding themselves to think they're anything but LUCKY to have played with them.  Part of me hopes "VR" finds a new frontman so they can attempt to play again, but we all know that'll fail (and sound like shit in the process), and part of me doesn't even want them to get that far.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

artist151

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Looking for inspiration
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2008, 05:10:04 PM »
Duff is just bitter.  Scott has his own solo career and another cd coming out. A book too none the less- what does Duff have to show except his wrinkled face thinking he is "upper management".  Velvet was not Scott I'm glad he ditched those 80's tight rolled jean freaks.  The only thing cool was the name of the band and I am sure that was Scott's creativity.  I am glad he is back to roots. O0

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2008, 05:33:18 PM »
To play devils advocate, Duff is touring with his band Loaded. Recently they were in the UK.
So he isn't exactly doing nothing.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

artist151

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2008, 08:33:52 PM »
I would definetly not know.  That man is scary in person is all I am saying.  Go Scott.  Boo Duff. Rah rah rah.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2008, 08:53:13 PM »
Again to play devils advocate. The times I have met Duff (which were several times) not only was he extremely nice but he remembered me from the first time.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2008, 01:07:27 AM »
After Scott left VR and all that nasty shit and drama went on, I lost a lot of respect for VR but I always thought Duff was still cool. This definitely changed my mind what an asshole he needs to get over it and show some class like Scott...who admitted he was PART of the problem.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »
This is probably the harshest Duff has ever talked about Weiland...  It's not terrible, but with the "giddy" and "it's cool" comments thrown in there... I don't know. Kinda surprised he's going this route now after all this time.
adhesive love

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2008, 01:51:29 AM »
:o  :o  :o
Matt and Slash talked  bullshits, and a lot of...but Duff didn't in that moment (there's a n interview I didn't read because I was tired of read the same stupid things, maybe he did there), so I kept thinking he was a cool guy...but now wow! wasn't funny what he said about Fools Day... and I think he realized what he told and tried to make it up at the end but he kept screwing it up...  :'(
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2008, 02:29:30 AM »
I've always liked Duff and thought he seemed like a cool guy, when I saw VR live he was smiling at us in the front row and looked like he was having fun but this most recent statement just comes accross so bitter and makes him look like a bit of a dick. 'Step into my office', yeah i'm sure Scott's really bothered about that now he's back with STP and dropping a solo CD  ::)

VR only fucked themselves when they 'fired' the only exciting thing in the band - Mr Weiland. Who is going to sing over their generic music now? I bet that Slither riff makes a comeback again!

*EDIT*

I think I know why Duff may be bitter, look at who's going to be replacing Scott, new footage from the latest VR singer auditions:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SKqj4KrmGnE
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

artist151

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Scott speaks after 6 months
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott speaks after 6 months
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »
now i wanna read the whole thing...  I hate when other sites publish bits and pieces of stuff so that they can seem relevent.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »
The band he left behind are still searching for a replacement vocalist, but insist that they will continue; they have new material ready to go.

Eh....  No they aren't.  LMAO.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »
I want to read the entire article also.
Darn, I guess I'll have to buy a Playboy...
 ;D