October 04, 2024, 02:32:43 AM

Author Topic: Breakup  (Read 31471 times)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: duff talks scott.
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2008, 08:25:11 PM »
Whatever man. Defend the rat I'm out.
Hawk.
 Everybody's an Angel except for Scott!!! Lame.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »
Peebs pretty much answered for me (thanks Peebs), so I dont need to bother with responding directly to most of your "points".  

Do you hear Scott saying anything else about anyone's personal habits.
Yes, he directly attacked Matts habits after Matt posted his first blog in response to Scott saying VR is through.  

God who's fuckin side are you guys on????
I'm not on anyones side.  Not Scott, not VR, not yours, etc.  I believe in the music and could honestly care less about this BS.  Scott is my favorite musician, but that doesnt mean i cant grab a VR album in the future (if they ever get a good singer) and enjoy it.  I loved VR and followed them very closely.  Scott is no angel, and neither are the VR boys.   But if you think Scott did nothing to help contribute towards the breakup you are clearly mistaken.  

Optiates and Xanax are very different, BTW.

Judging from the rumors and Scotts inconsistent appearances this summer I have questions about his sobriety, as do many others on this forum.  The latest STP bootlegs have done little to assure me otherwise.  Obviously we may never know the real deal though, unless something happens.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
Whatever man. Defend the rat I'm out.
Hawk.
Everybody's an Angel except for Scott!!! Lame.

IF YOU READ the thread I was the first to post about Duff's hypocrisy.
But you decided to take it 5 steps further by posting untruths.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2008, 04:49:08 AM »
I've said it before and i'll say it again, it doesn't matter what the fuck Duff says because it was commercial suicide for VR the day Scott left/was asked to leave, he was the only exciting thing about that band. I don't believe this to be a biased opinion either because I loved what Duff and Slash did in the GNR days but the music they made in VR is so bland and generic with the odd exception (Loving The Alien, You Got No Right). Trust me, VR with new singer is gonna suck and for fucks sake change the name from VR, with a new singer it might as well be a new start and new band.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Oh, Jimmy

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »
SCOTT IS ON DRUGS

It is readily apparent to anyone, that seen them on this last tour and isn't completely delusional.

As for the Duff. Kinda douche baggy to say that in an interview, but its not like it's a secret.

Slash has always been pretty open about his addictions, as well.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2008, 04:51:21 PM »
Quote from: "Oh, Jimmy"
SCOTT IS ON DRUGS

It is readily apparent to anyone, that seen them on this last tour and isn't completely delusional.

As for the Duff. Kinda douche baggy to say that in an interview, but its not like it's a secret.

Really? Apparent? I saw STP three times this tour and only ONCE was Scott not on top of his game.
The last time I saw them in August he was 100 times better than I had seen him the 8 times with VR.

Slash was OPEN about his last addiction in his BOOK. No one KNEW he had gone into rehab during the summer of 2006 until you read his biography.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Oh, Jimmy

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2008, 05:22:58 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
Quote from: "Oh, Jimmy"
SCOTT IS ON DRUGS

Really? Apparent? I saw STP three times this tour and only ONCE was Scott not on top of his game.
The last time I saw them in August he was 100 times better than I had seen him the 8 times with VR.

Slash was OPEN about his last addiction in his BOOK. No one KNEW he had gone into rehab during the summer of 2006 until you read his biography.

I would love for Scott to get clean. I think the off/on the wagon is about as good as it's been.  Judging by the times I have have seen him, he seemed pretty similar to end of the touring of VR's 1st album. Both(STP and VR) shows I witnessed, Scott was amazing. I was about 15 feet in front of him the whole night either show(Illinois State Fair 05(?) Elizabeth, IN), and he looked pretty tore up.  I can't say whether or not it's affected other performances recently, as I have only been to one. I give Weiland the benefit of the doubt, about his recent performances, and reviews I would imagine are very biased for one reason or another.

To what would you attribute the off night you witnessed.

Slash has always acknowledged his excesses in interviews.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2008, 06:33:16 PM »
[quote="Oh, Jimmy
Slash has always acknowledged his excesses in interviews.

PAST excesses prior to this last one.
Even the most rabid GnR/Slash fans were surprised to read about his last rehab stint in the summer 06. No one knew his using was affecting the making of Libertad.
Everyone assumed he was clean during his entire tenure with VR....and you know what they say when you assume.....

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2008, 08:37:57 PM »
this issue is complicated, each of we have our own opinion and we believe what we wanna believe, nothing is true and nothing is a lie, we just don't know...
if we discuss this we probably never end. VR was important for me, but all of them decided finished it, I don't care the reasons, they won't change nothing, VR is over since April 1st... (I'm still wanna know what are they going to do)

Now we can enjoy of STP, and God!! How!!!  :o
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2008, 02:24:49 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"

Optiates and Xanax are very different, BTW.

Opiates no really ?????? Thanks for clearing that up.  I've been a habitual opiate user/addict for 15 years I can tell that you are talking out of your ass . You actually have no idea who you are talking to . You have no idea about someones appearance and behaviour in relation to what substances they are on.Which are easily detected from an experienced user. Actually the difference between the creative writing process and the presentation would actually be a real shocker to alot of you. I  lived and partied got married divorced in LA for years right up until I got a job in Canada. I know what is on the scene and the changes in the scene . There's no point tryin to convince a preppy music collector any truth of the matter.  The history of rock n roll will never change and there is a huge line that defines media critics,coors light drinking fans and what really goes on.
 The sad thing is hearing it come from a veteran rocker like duff who has nothing left but parent teacher interviews  and to address the media and bash someone who is a million times more productive yet he has the same habits that he has had.  Poor Duff he's a good boy now maybe everyone will feel sorry for him because of Scott's habits.  The funny thing is that didn't Duff and Slash tell Axl to fuck off years for doing the same thing?
 Maybe Duff can start a new straight edge rock scene.
Yeah and Aaron I don't know what your beef is with me bashing me because of the clothes I wear in the other thread??? Is it because youre a mod here and you can or you just ain't getting any?? I don't know what kind of concerts you go to or other music you like why don't ya post a recent pic?  
Hawk.
ps.XANAX is a lame version of a benzo and ain't good for nothin not even to come down. Maybe thats why he said that because 50% of working Americans take it for stress and he just wants to be approved my the media and he's a good boy now.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2008, 06:18:50 AM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
Yeah and Aaron I don't know what your beef is with me bashing me because of the clothes I wear in the other thread??? Is it because youre a mod here and you can or you just ain't getting any??

I have no personal beef with you, man.  My only beef is not with you personally, but rather with your posting of untruths earlier in this thread.  I believe in facts regardless of who it makes look bad.  

Yes I disagreed with your style in the other thread, but I clearly stated that as an opinion and that has nothing to do with this thread at all.  The personal attacks of me "not getting any" are plain immature, and although it is none of your business, your conjecture is also factually inaccurate.  Please dont attack me personally, I have never done that to you, rather, in this thread I have instead directed my disagreements with you to factual analysis of claims made.  In the other thread you brought up I did say that I think mid-riffs on guys is a bad-look, but like I said, that was IMO.  To be perfectly clear, that isnt an insult at you.  I would have no problem saying that to Scott, Duff, Eric, Dean, Rik, my best friends, God, etc.  

I could also ask you what your personal beef is with me?  You point me out exclusively and personally insult me, when there are several others sharing my opinions on this topic, and the shrunken shirts topic.  So I ask you the same question?  Am I being singled out because my name is green?  I will say it again, I have only ever exercised my moderation privileges in the downloads forum, to organize and maintain that section.  I havent EVER moderated one thing in any other forum.  

I don't know what kind of concerts you go to or other music you like why don't ya post a recent pic?  
I dont see what this question has to do with anything, but I see a lot of local bands and also some bigger acts.  I dont go to shows as frequently as I used to, because not as many of the big names come through Austin as when I was in Chicago, but in the past year some other artists I have seen are: Toadies, VR, Foo Fighters, Beck, etc

I also dont understand why you want me to post "more recent" pics.  However, there are pictures of me posted in the BE thread.  I dont think any of them I posted are more than a year old.  My appearance hasn't changed much if at all since then, and quite frankly I feel no need to post more pics.    I'm not going to play a game of who is more attractive or has better style, so if this is your reasoning for asking for more pictures, I kindly ask you to refrain from going down that path.

Opiates no really ?????? Thanks for clearing that up.  I've been a habitual opiate user/addict for 15 years I can tell that you are talking out of your ass . You actually have no idea who you are talking to . You have no idea about someones appearance and behaviour in relation to what substances they are on.Which are easily detected from an experienced user.
Thats really neither here nor there.  I admittedly have no addictions to speak of, however, from what I understand stumbling and slurring your words can be signs of drug/alcohol use.  Both of which I have observed from SW in the current tour.  It could just be booze, no doubt, but it could also be a sign of other dependencies, or a preemptive cursor to a relapse.  I make no claim to be able to identify the current drug of choice, but it is my opinion that there is a plethora of insurmountable evidence that SW is not "clean and sober", despite my deepest wishes to the contrary.  

On a serious note I am sorry to hear about your addictions.  I sincerely hope you have them under control and are actively recovering.  

I hope you understand now that I have no problem with you.  Admittedly, we arent agreeing much lately, but please dont take that as me having an issue with you.  I value your opinion as much as the next person on this board.  We're all here for a mutual love of the music, but beyond that, we definitely cant expect to always agree with every body on everything else.  If you wish to further this conversation feel free to PM me, however, lets try to get the topic back on track.

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

UTRR

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Duff talks scott 2.
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2008, 09:50:36 PM »
I wish these guys would just let it go, go find a new singer and get on with your career. Sure Scott has problems, but he still has tons of talent.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »
Agreed.

Did we really need a new thread though?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Did we really need a new thread though?

No.

Obviously, like I've said this whooooooooooooooole time - Duff et al are starting to realize that they're washed-up, past their prime, and totally fucking blow asshole.  They can't find anyone to sing in their band, Scottyboy has made some nice cheddar after touring with our boys, and has a solo disc dropping in two weeks.  Jealous much?  You bet they are!   ;D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!