September 17, 2024, 08:13:09 PM

Author Topic: 2008-05-31 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center (WXRK Event)  (Read 39372 times)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Opie and Anthony Describe STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' backstage Antics
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2008, 02:58:57 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
They weren't.

The reason being that it fits directly with what Scott slurred on stage as an apology to the crowd. Something like "yooou knnowww sometimes lifffffffe jusssst takesss a craaazy turrrn" and then went into something about a girl outside the bus and Robert immediately cuts him off and just said "it's all cool Bro"

Then after the song Scott and Robert were talking by the drum riser and hug. But it wasn't a "I love you Bro" hug, it was more like Robert comforting Scott. I was just weird.

I actually don't recall what Scott was beginning to ramble on about when Robert cut him off. I struggled to hear and understand him. But if they did embrace than that's a good sign. Maybe Scott knows he screwed up and was really upset. I don't really know though. However, I do think Robert won't take much more of Scott's "partying" if it fucks up their performances.

Side note, when VR were "together" (and I'm not 100% sure) I don't think anyone of the GnR boys said shit to Weiland when there was some fuckin' up going on (and vise versa), except going through media outlets and internet websites, which is the passive aggressive and immature route. But with STP, if someone has a problem, they actually speak to them in person... Well at least Robert and Dean do.

Hopefully they had a team meeting or something to work it out.

Well, now the drama will continue with every show (that actually happens). Gonna have to keep reading the board reviews of each show to (sadly) keep up.

Does make the AC show in Jersey very interesting IF it does happen.
adhesive love

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2008, 03:04:43 AM »
With all of the bad press for Saturday they must have talked it out.  It seems like Scott is getting along with Dean and Eric fine, from what I can tell, but it's Scott and Robert that need to work their problems out, and it's Scott that needs to get his shit together.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2008, 03:05:08 AM »
Quote from: "Casper"

Well, now the drama will continue with every show (that actually happens). Gonna have to keep reading the board reviews of each show to (sadly) keep up.

I know! I'll keep checking the reviews of all the shows like I do the sports pages every day...
"ok let's see how my boys did last night...."
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2008, 03:06:40 AM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
BTW -- I am not an O&A fan, in fact I think this is the first time I have heard them, but those who are saying they are full of it must be the "new STP fans" Scott has been talking about. Young and naive.

I can't believe the people defending Scott in this. He's a druggie and a dumbass. He's going to F up this tour and that is really going to piss me off. How can anyone discount O&A like Scott's track record isn't 100% consistent with their story? It's really sad that Scott is 40 years old and pulling the stuff he pulled in the 90s. I feel bad for the Deleo's, I really do. They're married to Scott Weiland and they just can't generate income without him. He is part of their legacy, and there's nothing they can do besides put up with his constant bullshit. Sure, they acquired fame and hits in large part thanks to Scott -- but the dude can't pull it together. Ugh, Scott is so frustrating. He's making it really hard for me to love him right now, REALLY HARD. He'll always be my favorite, but it is so discouraging to hear this stuff. This isn't the reunion tour I had in mind where STP comes back and kicks everyone's ass. Instead, they're holding on for dear life and I've got anxiety every day about how this band is going to manage to make it through this tour.

Zotisbot

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thismachinekillshonkeys
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2008, 03:33:52 AM »
Would have guessed that would have been Dean not Robert, but guess not this time.

wittyscreenname

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2008, 03:36:04 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
I know! I'll keep checking the reviews of all the shows like I do the sports pages every day...
"ok let's see how my boys did last night...."

ha ha I do too

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2008, 04:39:40 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
With all of the bad press for Saturday they must have talked it out.  It seems like Scott is getting along with Dean and Eric fine, from what I can tell, but it's Scott and Robert that need to work their problems out, and it's Scott that needs to get his shit together.

I think Robert is just trying to help Scott.. and Scott obviously doesnt want it.
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

wittyscreenname

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2008, 05:15:07 AM »
Quote from: "AdhesiveLove27"
I think Robert is just trying to help Scott.. and Scott obviously doesnt want it.

from what do you get that he obviously doesn't want it?

dog_day_prophet

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2008, 07:44:53 AM »
Well, he's in his own bus and only shows up in time for the gig.  They're not traveling together, doesn't even sound like they're staying together on the road, they're just meeting up to play the gig, whenever Scott's bus makes it there.  That's discouraging.  It's not like they're even being a band right now.

I had read something Scott said about him having his kids with him on certain legs of the tour.  Anyone else feeling me about that??!

And what is this bullshit about Scott having a bodyguard restraining Robert from getting on his bus?? That is total bullshit.

S.I.N

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2008, 08:41:22 AM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I can't believe the people defending Scott in this. He's a druggie and a dumbass. He's going to F up this tour and that is really going to piss me off. How can anyone discount O&A like Scott's track record isn't 100% consistent with their story? It's really sad that Scott is 40 years old and pulling the stuff he pulled in the 90s. I feel bad for the Deleo's, I really do. They're married to Scott Weiland and they just can't generate income without him. He is part of their legacy, and there's nothing they can do besides put up with his constant bullshit. Sure, they acquired fame and hits in large part thanks to Scott -- but the dude can't pull it together. Ugh, Scott is so frustrating. He's making it really hard for me to love him right now, REALLY HARD. He'll always be my favorite, but it is so discouraging to hear this stuff. This isn't the reunion tour I had in mind where STP comes back and kicks everyone's ass. Instead, they're holding on for dear life and I've got anxiety every day about how this band is going to manage to make it through this tour.

Just to make it clear... I'm damn well not defending Scott on anything of this and I'm certainly not a naive person. Also, I'm not saying what O&A are saying isn't 100% true and it definitely jibs with the shit surrounding that show, however, I also have learned not to get my information from "Shock Jock" radio personalities. Thats all I'm saying on that end.

As far as Scott and his issues... it's just sad. I have tickets to a show in August and I'm not getting my hopes up that that show will actually occur or that if it does that it will go down as one of my favorites ever. I know that when we pay good money we have expectations but sometimes we all have to have a little understanding... understanding for the situation and understanding for what you are paying for before hand. I knew before I bought my tickets that Scott had/has issues and that it might not hold together.. but I paid my money hoping for the best.

Heroin as most all of us should be aware is NASTY, NASTY, NASTY shit and has taken some great artists from us in the past. No one who gets hooked on it is ever clear of that battle... Scott especially considering his life situation and medical issues. Again, I'm not defending him especially if he is still using, not clean, or doing shit he shouldn't be doing but some of ya'll calling him selfish are being quite selfish or childish yourselves.... think about the dude's situation. That addiction is hell on earth... it's a wonder he's able to be out there as it is with his medical issues; add addictions to that and well... 

I do question the management or others who may be overlooking the situation considering his condition. I hope that the band members aren't willing to look past a condition that may be deteriorating just for money too..

I'm willing to see how things go for a little while longer before throwing in the towel but I can admit that some of these signs aren't promising at the moment. Let's hope and for those of us who pray, do so for the well being of the guy and the band, tour and fans.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2008, 11:13:07 AM »
The slurred apology and Robert cutting him off...the LPS. It was after this that they talked and hugged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hi58HBydco
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

coma09

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »
only time will tell what happens with the band, in the mean time theres plenty talk about whether all this was true which sounds like it is. its funny that since scott played with the GNR boys they refer to him as Axl wheneva Scott doesnt behave

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2008, 02:57:01 PM »
they were dicussing Scott AGAIN this morning. I only caught the tail end (it was around 8:15) so look on those O&A recap websites.

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2008, 03:14:23 PM »
Quote from: "wittyscreenname"
from what do you get that he obviously doesn't want it?

When you're addicted to Heroin..(or are trying to come clean) You just can stop cuz someone wants you. You have to want it yourself. The whole being on a separate bus.. having his bodyguard keep Robert off the bus.. He just doesnt seem like he wants their help.. They seem to be trying to get him to shows on time and stuff.. and he just wants to go whenever..
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

stp93

Re: 2008-05-31 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center (WXRK Event)
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »
here is a link to Opie and Anthony's website....not good.  How he could pull a stunt like this at a "hometown show" for other band members speaks volumes for who he is right now, unreal.

http://www.923krock.com/pages/1420414.php#mon