September 12, 2024, 06:10:09 AM

Author Topic: 2008-05-31 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center (WXRK Event)  (Read 39170 times)

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Opie and Anthony Describe STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' backstage Antics
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2008, 07:09:27 PM »
Quote from: "S.I.N"
I could be wrong... *mainly because I never listen to talk fucking radio of any kind*... but considering the source I don't think that these reports can necessarily be taken as fact. From things I have read O&A tend to make up quite a bit of shit... but again who knows... that's stuff the band will have to deal with considering all the questions surrounding them *Scott*...

They could well be exaggerating but, given that Scott apologised to Robert onstage and was drawling something about, "There was a giiirrrl...on the buuuus..." then I think we can say it's largely true.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-05-31 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center (WXRK Event)
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »
I was at the show and I posted on the other boards about how it appeared from my point of view. I thought and felt that it was really sad to see Scott the way he was (can't say shocked as per his history). I'm so very happy to be reading positive reviews in River Rave thread.
adhesive love

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2008, 07:50:15 PM »
that is just great....
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2008, 07:58:30 PM »
Quote from: "ericaaa"
HAHAHA, that's awesome!!! Do you have pictures of the Alice in Chains costume?

The Rat seriously kicks ass. I definitely need to get some type of internship there next year so I can just BE at that station.
YES I DO!  I'll dig them up!! ;D ;D

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2008, 08:02:18 PM »
Thanks for the explanation guys.  Those of us without speakers at work appreciate it!

wittyscreenname

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2008, 08:17:08 PM »
Quote from: "Casper"
I was at the show and I posted on the other boards about how it appeared from my point of view. I thought and felt that it was really sad to see Scott the way he was (can't say shocked as per his history). I'm so very happy to be reading positive reviews in River Rave thread.

Me too.

I'm not saying there's no cause for concern or anything but personally I think that because they got it together for last night it feels like maybe it was jsut an off night...if there's strings of off nights THEN its obviously a bad scene but from what I've heard on line and a from a friend who was there last night it was tight as hell and i think tensions were just running high at the saturday night show and some stuff went down that shouldnt have but that's kind of to be expected to a degree. Of course that is no excuse but still...I'm just chalking it up to a bad night for now and riding the tour out on faith that it'll go till august.

All the negativity is dragging me down...which is not to say I'm knocking anyone or saying there's no right to be negative or anything. I am the world's biggest Weiland supporter...I've adored him since Core came out and there is very little wrong the man can do in my eyes...that may be a very foolish way of thinking but I love him to bits and its honestly scary how similar our lives / issues have been (ha ha of course I am not a rock star, I'm female, and 10 years younger but still). Yesterday I was very bummed and very worried but I think a lot of that was perpetuated by the negativity and pessimism floating around, which again is fine...I dont blame anyone one bit after seeing reviews and clips like that.

Because I ramble and clearly dont seem to be making a point...in only sentence I'll just make my point clear.

I think everyone just needs to take yet another step back, take a deep breath and for right now just be cautiously optimistic and just let things play out  without  jumping the gun or panicking until there is a larger cause for concern instead of just one show.

Tear me a new one if you want...but I'm just saying...those are my thoughts.

I love the guys. I love Scott and hope and pray that he's well or at the very least takes steps to get well and understand the concern completely.

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2008, 08:24:31 PM »
Lemme at this crack-head-groupie-ho!  I'll take care of her...
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/ ... nching.gif[/img]
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2008, 09:01:37 PM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
They could well be exaggerating but, given that Scott apologised to Robert onstage and was drawling something about, "There was a giiirrrl...on the buuuus..." then I think we can say it's largely true.

I was gonna say the same thing but it fits with what Scott started to babble on stage.

And the girl must of been a real skank or O&A would have been going on about how hot she was.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2008, 09:25:16 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
OMG - Their Halloween parties at Martells!! :D :D  I was Alice in Chains one year (Alice in Wonderland with a Three Legged Dog, a Jar of Flies and shackles around my wrists and ankles), and I was Janine as the nurse from the cover of Blink 182's 1st album. ;D ;D  Good times!

This is relevant to nothing and I'm a huge nerd, but Blink had 3(?) albums before that one.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
Quote from: "TemplePilot"
This is relevant to nothing and I'm a huge nerd, but Blink had 3(?) albums before that one.
I never said I was a big Blink 182 fan.  :P  You are right though.  ;D

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2008, 09:37:42 PM »
I think the boys need to stop with the rock star shit and just get together in a single bus. Bring it back to the early years and just have fun haning out. Don't get me wrong, I love that STP are back, it's been the best news I've heard in years and I can't wait to see what they are going to do next.
It's just as this point, they seem like jilted lovers. One cheated on the other, they fought it out, and are back again. Only now there is an awkwardness to it. To me, they don't seem as close as they used to be. They need to get back to that original state of mind where things where fun and about growing as a band. From some interviews, it seems that money is the main emphisis, and I just hope that's not the case. I hold STP up so I, I hope they have not stooped to that level. So far, it's only one show, I'm hoping for the best. Too bad it had to be the DeLeo's homecoming show. 

Danger Stepp

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2008, 09:43:28 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the brief summary.  I'm also at work.  I'll be seeing them, God (and Scott) willing, on June 29th.  Please let them make it that far. 

Loungefly89

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2008, 09:57:28 PM »
I think everyone just needs to take yet another step back, take a deep breath and for right now just be cautiously optimistic and just let things play out  without  jumping the gun or panicking until there is a larger cause for concern instead of just one show.

I totally agree, I've never seen stp live as they aint toured europe since I've been a fan but I have seen my fair share of stp live videos and while i know it aint gonna be the same as  being there in the flesh I gotta say I wasnt as shocked by the videos of the PNC show as I thought I would be.

I mean after reading all these experiences from people who were there it sounded like a disaster, and while it might not have been their best performance I'd still rather watch stp on aN off day than most other bands at their best. If anythin it just goes to show that they're only human after all and in my opinion if people look at scott (or anyone for that matter) through a microscope then there will be times when you don't like what you see.

However I guess for fans of the band to be saying they'd like their money back it must have been bad, hell what do I know I wasnt even at the show.

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2008, 10:11:55 PM »
Well O&A are friends of Slash's... so none of this actually suprises me..
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

wittyscreenname

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2008, 10:55:23 PM »
Quote from: "Loungefly89"
I totally agree, I've never seen stp live as they aint toured europe since I've been a fan but I have seen my fair share of stp live videos and while i know it aint gonna be the same as  being there in the flesh I gotta say I wasnt as shocked by the videos of the PNC show as I thought I would be.

I mean after reading all these experiences from people who were there it sounded like a disaster, and while it might not have been their best performance I'd still rather watch stp on aN off day than most other bands at their best. If anythin it just goes to show that they're only human after all and in my opinion if people look at scott (or anyone for that matter) through a microscope then there will be times when you don't like what you see.

However I guess for fans of the band to be saying they'd like their money back it must have been bad, hell what do I know I wasnt even at the show.

I've been to some awful concerts in my day and I've never expressed wanting my money back. The only time I have has been when the band walked off the stage and/or didnt show up at all.

I can understand being dissapointed in the performance but to me saying you want your money back is just a bit extreme.

And no it has nothing to do with me not understanding the sums people have put out for tickets ect. I drove from Vancouver to Columbus for Rock on the Range and that cost me about $350 in gas alone...EACH WAY...i wont even discuss the cost of food and accomidations. I'm also going down for the Hollywood Bowl show AND I'm going to the date in Vancouver. I'd go to more if I could afford it but unfortunately I cant :(