September 12, 2024, 06:00:37 AM

Author Topic: 2008-05-18 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center (WMMR Event)  (Read 18072 times)

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-05-18 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center (WMMR Event)
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 07:37:03 AM »
He did the same thing on "lounge Fly" from the Ohio show.

FelixKönich

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »
oh man i love the tour they play most of my fav. STP songs. Ohhh guys plays come to germany

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 02:39:27 PM »
looks like SOMEBODY needs to show up to rehersals!! ;-)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »
Let's wait until Tuesday night before we bitch about the "same-setlist" issue.  I heard Weiland promise us on Saturday that they wouldn't be doing that - that they would be switching things up.  And I always give W the benefit of the doubt.  Even if he has a tendency to fib.

Both yesterday and Saturday were festival shows.  Tomorrow in Cleveland, it will be their first non-festival show.  I'm hoping that they play much, much longer.  And I'm crossing my fingers and praying for 7CT, which I suggest all of you do for me as well.  :-)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

24STP24

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2008, 05:13:31 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Let's wait until Tuesday night before we bitch about the "same-setlist" issue.  I heard Weiland promise us on Saturday that they wouldn't be doing that - that they would be switching things up.  And I always give W the benefit of the doubt.  Even if he has a tendency to fib.

Both yesterday and Saturday were festival shows.  Tomorrow in Cleveland, it will be their first non-festival show.  I'm hoping that they play much, much longer.  And I'm crossing my fingers and praying for 7CT, which I suggest all of you do for me as well.  :-)

I think the Cleveland show is when we will begin to see some of the different songs come out.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 06:39:30 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
And I'm crossing my fingers and praying for 7CT, which I suggest all of you do for me as well.  :-)
will do :D.
and on a side note, yea i did notice on loungefly scott came in early. he might want to spend more time in rehersals.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

blink706

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »
i got a video of big empty. the video part isn't great, but its alright audio.

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
I'm suprised by the positive reviews of this show.  First let me start off by saying that it was by far the worst venue I have ever been too.  I was on the lawn and you could barely even tell you were at a concert.  You could talk in a normal voice to the person next to you that's how quiet the sound was.  Besides from that I was very excited to see  STP live for the first time since October '02.  I have seen STP 9 times including this concert and Velvet Revolver 3 times.  So I when I see Scott I have very high expectations because he always puts on an amazing show.  With that being said, I was very disappointed with the show last night.  Now I am in no way saying that scott was on something or fucked up or whatever because how would I know, but it certaintly crossed my mind during the entire show .  Many times he would ramble to the crowd some nonsense, said thank you Ohio, Could anyone make out what he said before Dead and Bloated???  At one point Robert interrupted him on one of his rants and started to bullshit about Dean and Himself being from Jersey.  It seemed like he was fed up at that point.  He fucked up Lounge Fly, sounded like shit on Sour Girl, fucked up Coma, Down was an outright disgrace!! He went right into the please to meet you instead of the ahhhhhh, ahhhhhh in the beginning.  Then when the second verse came he said something like Pleased to Meet you, Pleased to meet you.  He fucked up so bad robert had to save him and restart it from the Solo.  A couple songs he would just hum instead of sing because he didn't know the words.  Fucked up the words on all in the suit that you wear, even though I'll give him a pass since it is only the second time they've performed it  with yesterday being the first.  Also fucked up the words to Trippin'.  I'm not trying to burst anyones bubble hear, I just wanted to give an honest review of the show.  I have tickets to the 31st at Holmdel and am still going to go because they are still the best live band I've ever seen and Scott has rocked my socks off plenty of times before but if it's a repeat of the Camden show i'm not going to waste my money to see these guys again any time soon.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 09:35:28 PM »
Quote from: "Stpilots98"
I'm suprised by the positive reviews of this show.  First let me start off by saying that it was by far the worst venue I have ever been too.  I was on the lawn and you could barely even tell you were at a concert.  You could talk in a normal voice to the person next to you that's how quiet the sound was.  Besides from that I was very excited to see  STP live for the first time since October '02.  I have seen STP 9 times including this concert and Velvet Revolver 3 times.  So I when I see Scott I have very high expectations because he always puts on an amazing show.  With that being said, I was very disappointed with the show last night.  Now I am in no way saying that scott was on something or fucked up or whatever because how would I know, but it certaintly crossed my mind during the entire show .  Many times he would ramble to the crowd some nonsense, said thank you Ohio, Could anyone make out what he said before Dead and Bloated???  At one point Robert interrupted him on one of his rants and started to bullshit about Dean and Himself being from Jersey.  It seemed like he was fed up at that point.  He fucked up Lounge Fly, sounded like shit on Sour Girl, fucked up Coma, Down was an outright disgrace!! He went right into the please to meet you instead of the ahhhhhh, ahhhhhh in the beginning.  Then when the second verse came he said something like Pleased to Meet you, Pleased to meet you.  He fucked up so bad robert had to save him and restart it from the Solo.  A couple songs he would just hum instead of sing because he didn't know the words.  Fucked up the words on all in the suit that you wear, even though I'll give him a pass since it is only the second time they've performed it  with yesterday being the first.  Also fucked up the words to Trippin'.  I'm not trying to burst anyones bubble hear, I just wanted to give an honest review of the show.  I have tickets to the 31st at Holmdel and am still going to go because they are still the best live band I've ever seen and Scott has rocked my socks off plenty of times before but if it's a repeat of the Camden show i'm not going to waste my money to see these guys again any time soon.

This is exactly what I've been talking about. 

Practice your fucking songs guys.  This is ridiculous.  I've seen STP 8 times, VR 7 times and AoA once.  Not one time in all those shows (often with a SW of questionable sobriety) have I even seen this.  Occasional mistakes are okay and normal, what they are doing is hard work!  But these guys are better than this, we shouldnt be seeing multiple fuckups in multiple songs in multiple nights.  Thanks for the honest review, Stpilots98.  I was beginning to feel like I'm the only person not seeing the band through rose colored glasses right now. 

Curtis1158

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2008, 10:17:19 PM »
To continue my thoughts on last night:
Very Choppy. Scott even mentioned that the band is working out the beginnings, endings, etc. Well at least they are aware. It was great to see STP back and performing. However, it's a good thing they have already built a reputation. If they had to survive on their current state, STP would not be long for this world. Dean looked very pissed by the Down mess up. Overall, the band seemed in good spirits and seemed to be having fun, even though this seemed like a dress rehearsal as opposed to the real thing.
Scott does a great Bowie-Changing his image, performance style and outstanding vocals. The Thin White Duke is the latest. Scott even sang a few times with his hand in his pocket. During Big Bang Baby, Scott took off his hat, displaying his Bowie esque hair, when he sang "Station to Station knocks me up and down." An obvious tribute to Bowie. Even Scott's prerformance from Across the Universe was a Bowie copy.
Scott either seems to be singing some lyrics in a lower range either to change it up or avoid the high notes. I prefer the wild antics on stage. Just last August, Scott was a madman in Holmdel with VR. I'll be at the Bethlehem show in August and can make a fair comparison after they get a couple months under their belts. If they have not ironed it out, that would speak volumes. However, I can't imagine they won't be 100% better by that time.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2008, 11:02:08 PM »
i sort of see what you guys are talking about. but based on the videos ive seen of the shows, id say you guys are being a tad harsh. to put all the blame on scott for down isnt exactly fair. i actualy noticed the instrumental mess ups on that song before i heard scotts, and it sounded like scott was just trying to recover their mistakes on that song. overall, im actually pretty pleased with what ive heard, and im sure as time goes on the band will get much tighter.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2008, 11:08:17 PM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"
i sort of see what you guys are talking about. but based on the videos ive seen of the shows, id say you guys are being a tad harsh. to put all the blame on scott for down isnt exactly fair. i actualy noticed the instrumental mess ups on that song before i heard scotts, and it sounded like scott was just trying to recover their mistakes on that song. overall, im actually pretty pleased with what ive heard, and im sure as time goes on the band will get much tighter.

Scott is getting the bulk of it, because lyrical mistakes are easier to catch than band mistakes. 

That said, I have DEFINITELY pointed out that the band is clearly making errors too.  I've caught some from Rob and Dean already.  Its not just scott by any stretch.  The band as a whole needs to tighten up.  At least they admit it, now hopefully they are working on improving it!

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2008, 12:21:28 AM »
I think they'll get better. There's nothing holding them back, unless Scott is using (hopefully not). This isn't exactly the same as the No. 4 tour, since they first started out with stripped down shows with just Dean and Scott and had more time to prepare after Scott was released from jail. Except for a few surprise shows, they didn't start their full tour until almost five months after Scott got out. Also the whole No. 4 tour was short sets with basically just the hits. None of them have really touched this music in six years, except for Rob and Dean and that was only a few songs during the AoA tour. This tour seems rushed, with Scott only wrapping up the VR tour a little over a month ago. I can understand how they haven't had time to gel yet. If I had been planning this tour I don't think I would have started it until late June or early July. Then tour until Thanksgiving. But I think they want more time off at the end of the year for Scott to finish up and do his solo thing and then after the New Year they're probably going to start in the studio for the next record.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

blink706

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2008, 12:38:35 AM »
the mess up of down at the camden show was defintley the deleos fault. i didn't think it was that big of a deal though