September 30, 2024, 02:26:12 PM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115863 times)

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Is it even worth it to see STP again?
« Reply #615 on: July 30, 2008, 03:30:00 AM »
In a word, yes.  I need to make up for all the years I didn't get to see them while they were on hiatus.
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Quote from: "STPGurl"
The curls?  Ah!  I loved that.

Honestly, he can do whatever he wants to his head.  Just so long as:
1. He isn't bald
2. He doesn't do that weird blond and pink thing like he had when they kicked off the reunion tour.

AMEN!

Ahhhhhh the curls...... SIIIIIIGH.  ;D

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I am an absolute sucker for curls.

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/323/ ... 8021tf.jpg[/img]

Mmmmmmm...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:58:29 AM by Olivia »

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
The curls?  Ah!  I loved that.

Honestly, he can do whatever he wants to his head.  Just so long as:
1. He isn't bald
2. He doesn't do that weird blond and pink thing like he had when they kicked off the reunion tour.

I hated the weird pink thing SO MUCH that I was HAPPY :D When Scott went bald!!!

Back to the real reason why were here... I'm pretty sure he's saying "All we want is a little bit of freedom"... Now that is determined lets go do the "Green Pants Dance'.. STPGURL's avatar has inspired me.
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
2008 Tour: Pleased or Disappointed?
« Reply #619 on: July 30, 2008, 06:43:47 PM »
I know a lot of people have voiced their opinion in specific shows but I'd like to get a general consensus of this tour.  (I've had to break myself of calling it a "reunion" tour, apparently it drives Dean nuts.  He says they never split to begin with and shouldn't be referred to as a "reunion.)  Okay Mr. DeLeo; The 2008 Break-In-Long-Hiatus Tour!  ;)

I'm a bit all over the place with mine.  Personally, the times I've seen them on this tour were pretty damn good, albeit not as good as when I saw them in '02.  (That show was probably the best show I've ever seen by anyone.)  When I've seen them Scott has seemed to have all his faculties about him-although not as energetic as he used to be.  Hey, we all get older.  Plus for as long as he's been touring; he's got to be burnt out to some extent. 

On the other hand, I've talked to other people who have witnessed a crap show.  They are pissed and I don't blame them.  Stuff is too expensive these days to be disappointed.

Then I think back to a few years ago when nobody knew if STP would ever get back together again, let alone tour.  So, I am grateful for that-but I don't want it at the expense of Scott's health. 

AnyHOO, what's everyone's opinion?  (If you haven't seen a show yet, just voice what your expectations are)
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Tour: Pleased or Disappointed?
« Reply #620 on: July 30, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »
Well, I had a blast in Camden.

Was it their best show ever?  Not by far, but they were better than everyone else that played that night, and I had a great time.

It doesn't compare to '02 - NYC or Philly.  But I, like you, attributed it to the fact that he's not 34 anymore.  He's damn near 41.  There's a big difference.

BUT, it was good.  They're back together, and I agree - Scott has to be just DONE with touring by now.  I can't say that I blame him.  Being a gypsy gets old after a while.

I am stoked for AC in a week and a half. ;D  I can't frickin' wait!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 30, 2008, 07:40:37 PM »
Deff. not disapointed but not 100% pleased either, saw them at a festival show and it was good but festival shows are not my thing.  Im sure ill be very pleased after seeing the, play the Borgata, smal venure expanded setlist should be great.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #622 on: July 30, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »
Not disappointed.  At all.  How COULD I be disappointed when I've waited sooooo long for my boys to come back?

HOWEVER - nothing will ever, ever compare to 6/30/00 - my first STP show.  Without question, it was THE BEST STP show I've ever been to.  Whether or not something truly magical went on that night, I'm not sure.  It could have just been because it was my first time and I had never imagined I'd be able to see the band live (hate to say it, but I figured Scott would be dead or the band would be broken up for good before I'd ever see them in the flesh).

After Rock on the Range, I was a little nervous about the tour.  Hell, they were still a little rusty when I saw them in Cleveland.  But that Akron show.  Holy fucking shit.  I'm STILL trying to get over it.  They just needed a little time to work everything out.  The electricity is back - quite possibly better than ever.

I love the way they've changed certain things in some songs ("Sour Girl v.2.0," "STT," "Coma....") - I love the way Scotty dances with the DeLeo brothers (on his knees at times... ah!).  I love Eric's new drums.  lol.  I love it all.  Absolutely no disappointments whatsoever.

(Glad to see you're "back" Deniece - you disappeared for a little while! :) )
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 30, 2008, 07:51:24 PM »
I haven't seen them yet this tour, but I for one will be happy to see them play live in front of my face when they hit Seattle August 31st. It's been a long time coming. I don't care if Scott is drunk when he hits the stage as long as they play their hearts out and put on a good show. Short of Scott being unable to perform and the gig getting canceled, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy. I've seen footage of the infamous PNC show, and honestly, it's not THAT BAD. Sure, they were far from their peak, but EVERY band has off nights. I think STP, and Weiland in particular, is getting a lot of scrutiny this tour and people are being more critical of them/him because of Weiland's past issues. People like to cry "foul" every time Weiland hiccups. Anyone here ever see Faith No More play back in the day? Patton used to fall down on stage 10-20 times a show and nobody thought twice about it.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Quote from: "AdhesiveLove27"
I hated the weird pink thing SO MUCH that I was HAPPY :D When Scott went bald!!!

Back to the real reason why were here... I'm pretty sure he's saying "All we want is a little bit of freedom"... Now that is determined lets go do the "Green Pants Dance'.. STPGURL's avatar has inspired me.

Haha.  Everyone can use a little GPD every now and again.  A little Weiland Shimmy can get a girl a long way.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 30, 2008, 08:55:12 PM »
Seeing them 8/17 and 8/23.  Honestly, I just hope 1 of the 2 shows I see will be incredible, while I can handle a drunk babbling Weiland in the other.  Honestly, unless Weiland can't stand up and totally butchers the songs I am pretty sure it won't be a disappointment.  Outside of PNC, most complaints seem to be about the way STP used to be "I saw them in 199-, and they were way better" type stuff.  I don't fall into that trap.  It isn't a good way to judge a band that 1. has been around as long as they have, and 2. just got back together playing less than 3 months ago with very little ramp up time. 

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 30, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »
The 3 shows I've gone to so far have been amazing. Even on an "off" night, the PNC show was still amazing. The songs in their catalogue are just too good, in a live setting they are a catalyst for energy.

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 30, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »
Quote from: "nat"
Anyone here ever see Faith No More play back in the day? Patton used to fall down on stage 10-20 times a show and nobody thought twice about it.
Unfortunately I never did get to see them-would've LOVED to!  They were brilliant imo.  I take it Patton had a problem with chemicals?  Actually I think Mikey was just...eccentric.  Ha!  He's another guy I could watch do anything!

(Glad to see you're "back" Deniece - you disappeared for a little while! :) )
Me too!  Computer problems and I was going batty for a bit 'til it got fixed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:52:05 PM by Anonymous »
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I also dream of the day he grows back the messy, wavy locks. & light reddish brown is my favourite colour on him. sigh. I hate that I'm such a girl sometimes.

A little Weiland Shimmy can get a girl a long way.

definitely.

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
If he was going to shave it off, at least he could have brought back the mohawk.