September 30, 2024, 08:27:18 AM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115853 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the deal ...
« Reply #540 on: July 08, 2008, 03:40:45 AM »
Quote from: "stpwkdgrdn"
I'm still waiting on a NYC show..even though Scott hates it there.

Where do you get your information?
on NYE (which I was at and have a boot of) he stated how much he LOVES NYC and how it's the home of Art and Fashion.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 08, 2008, 03:47:08 AM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"
yea...he normally gets busted there. I remember hearing him talk about NYC on a '98 or '99 stern show appearance.

He was busted here ONCE. On my birthday June 2nd in 1998 when he was touring 12BB and about to play Irving Plaza. And it was AFTER the March radio Stern apprearence which he was on promoting 12BB.
The TV E! Howard Stern Show which always aired way after the radio mentioned the arrest in the beginning of the show.

So he normally gets busted in LA. Should he move?
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 08, 2008, 04:04:12 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
Where do you get your information?
on NYE (which I was at and have a boot of) he stated how much he LOVES NYC and how it's the home of Art and Fashion.

I've seen them.... four times in NYC I think? I thought he liked NYC too. :)  What's not to love? ;D  It's THE city.... Philly most certainly is NOT a city.  :P

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 08, 2008, 04:57:25 AM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
Well, then I'll see you there!! :)  We're already planning the mass Manic Panic hair dying event.  :P  I think I'm going with pink streaks. :D  You'll probably hear us coming a mile away.  2 tall blondes, one with HUGE boobs,  and 2 tall red heads.  :D :D   making a whole lot of noise.  ::) ::) ;D

The two redheads will sound southern, the two blondes, not so much.  :D :D

I've never been to NO so I'm looking forward to it.  We're renting a condo in the French Quarter!

If and when I can get tickets, I'll holler back at ya.  That way I can get a better description of what to look for to find you.  The description you gave me here will make you blend.    How big of a crowd do you think the Fest will draw?  I'm not sure anyone will be able to see anyone.  The Houston show had somewhere in the neighborhood of 17,000, and that was just for STP ( . . . and Black Frances).
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 08, 2008, 05:21:41 AM »
WOW! :o :o :o 17K for STP! :o

I don't know... we've decided that since we only have four days (I'm coming in Thurs am and leaving Mon pm) that we're going to play it by ear, and if all we see is STP and NIN, we'll be happy!  You'll KNOW me, I'll be the girl in the black tank top that says "I Scott Weiland" in crystals :P :P ;D  Probably drunk off of my ass. Oh, and I have a tongue ring too, and hell, maybe I'll be tattooed by then as well!

I think it's going to be huge, honestly!  BUT, I think it will be a TON of fun. NO around Halloween?? Priceless!! ;D  I can't wait to be a freak.  LOL!!

Definitely let me know if you decide to go.  I'm flying in from PA, our other friend from DC, and my friend from NO, and her friend from Lafayette?? (I think???)

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 08, 2008, 07:58:41 AM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
WOW! :o :o :o 17K for STP! :o

I don't know... we've decided that since we only have four days (I'm coming in Thurs am and leaving Mon pm) that we're going to play it by ear, and if all we see is STP and NIN, we'll be happy!  You'll KNOW me, I'll be the girl in the black tank top that says "I Scott Weiland" in crystals :P :P ;D  Probably drunk off of my ass. Oh, and I have a tongue ring too, and hell, maybe I'll be tattooed by then as well!

I think it's going to be huge, honestly!  BUT, I think it will be a TON of fun. NO around Halloween?? Priceless!! ;D  I can't wait to be a freak.  LOL!!

Definitely let me know if you decide to go.  I'm flying in from PA, our other friend from DC, and my friend from NO, and her friend from Lafayette?? (I think???)

Yeah, these posters who are saying STP can't sell out a venue . . . well . . . I'm pretty sure they can.  VoodooFest the last time I went was good, but STP wasn't playing then.  It was Alter Bridge, VR, and Kid Rock.  This time the lineup is much more enticing.  I'll post back when I have ticket in hand.
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

about_nothing

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 08, 2008, 09:10:41 AM »
i dont know if this was planed but aprntly scotts supose to be releasing his solo album so maybe thats why?? and they might just want a break
\"You\'re the champion of sorrow. You\'re the love and the pain. You\'re the fighter of evil. Yet yo

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: New sour girl
« Reply #547 on: July 09, 2008, 01:32:36 AM »
Quote from: "JWeber"
I like when bands "reinvison" their songs (or what ever you want to call it) Pumpkins used to do it all the time.

Yeah I like it when bands do that. This new version of Sour Girl makes me wonder if they'll start playing other acoustic songs this way. Man, I would love to hear an electric version of Wonderful.

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Acoustic Set For The Tour
« Reply #548 on: July 14, 2008, 03:27:16 AM »
1.Hello, It's Late
2.Atlanta
3.Bi-polar Bear
4.Pretty Penny
5.Kitchenware & Candybars
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Adhesive Love

• W. Axl Rose
  • Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ilovethepunkrock
Re: whats the STP intro song that they use come onstage to is?
« Reply #549 on: July 16, 2008, 08:17:58 AM »
Tonight they came out to Led Zep, I think.
CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: whats the STP intro song that they use come onstage to is?
« Reply #550 on: July 17, 2008, 02:12:45 PM »
This is the ultimate STP trivia question??????
Back in 2000 it sounded like a mix of ballroom and and an old 50's tv show soundtrack. Nowadays its totallt new but just as fruity.
Hawk900

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Is it even worth it to see STP again?
« Reply #551 on: July 17, 2008, 04:51:28 PM »
I'm not bashing them or anything, but, I'm wondering...

I went to the STP concert in NJ on 5/31, arguably their worst concert on the tour, but I still loved it since it was my first time seeing them.  Now they are coming back to Jones Beach and I've been talking a lot with my friend about seeing them.  Plus, I get the discount since I went to the PNC show.

But, I have been thinking, if the setlist never changes, and the background at the concert doesn't change, aren't all concerts on this tour identical?  I would be going to the same thing I saw before.

Thoughts?
I know I want what\'s on my mind.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Is it even worth it to see STP again?
« Reply #552 on: July 17, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
I'm debating the same thing with the Hammond, Indiana show. I saw them in Chicago. I thought they were good, but not at their best. From the past couple of shows, it sounds like they hit their stride and back to the boys of old. However, the Hammond show is $20 more then the Chicago show. Plus, I am a HUGE stickler when it comes to the setlist. If they are not changing it up, I don't plan on going. It sounds like I'll get a better performance, but it's not worth it if I hear the same songs I heard in May.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 17, 2008, 05:17:20 PM »
I saw them in Vegas on 6/14 and had a great time, I thought they were incredible.  I can't wait until Baltimore on August 10th, especially because the shows seem to have gotten even better :D
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #554 on: July 17, 2008, 05:25:05 PM »
I totally see where you're coming from with the same setlist, same background...  But no - not all the shows are "identical."

I had the great pleasure of being able to attend the 7/7 show in Akron, OH, and it blew my fucking mind - even though it was the third show I caught on this tour.  Sure, it was the same setlist, but Scott was ON that night.  And I mean ON.  The energy in that place was tangible - it took me hours to calm down and cool off that night.

But, I'm also a total Weiland nut.  And I've also followed the band around half the country before.  So I might not be the best person to offer advice...
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!