September 30, 2024, 02:36:14 AM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115813 times)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: With all that going on between Scott and the rest of the band...
« Reply #465 on: June 03, 2008, 07:00:57 PM »
if that is the case at least we all got to see them after an extended hiatus
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Loungefly89

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »
Quote from: "rymo84"
I think people need to stop sitting around and waiting for something bad to happen or acting like it is inevitable. All I hear is "I hope they make it to the end" or "there's no way they'll make it" or "they're doing too many dates, I told you so". Sheesh, they're men, I think they can make decisions for themselves. And if no record comes out in the end, well then it just wasn't meant to be. But I think ultimately there will be one and things will be good. Stay positive.

I couldn't agree more man, I got my fingers crossed for a european tour if a new album comes out haha!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Will STP be able to reconnect and hold it together for another album ?
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »
Quote from: "JWeber"
I just think that on tour there is more pressure on everyone being stuck together for long periods of time, so I don't think it's helping his situation. It's kind of like summer road trips with the family. Too many people crammed in a small space for a long time is never good. Sooner or later a fight is going to break out.
he has his own bus for himself
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

wittyscreenname

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2008, 07:56:06 PM »
Quote from: "rymo84"
I think people need to stop sitting around and waiting for something bad to happen or acting like it is inevitable. All I hear is "I hope they make it to the end" or "there's no way they'll make it" or "they're doing too many dates, I told you so". Sheesh, they're men, I think they can make decisions for themselves. And if no record comes out in the end, well then it just wasn't meant to be. But I think ultimately there will be one and things will be good. Stay positive.

exactly.

The constant negativity is really bringing the mood down...and for me to say that is huge...I'm generally a very pessimistic person ;) but in this instance I choose to be cautiously optimistic

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Who's opening for STP?
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2008, 09:06:17 PM »
Nothing is listed for the MLPS/St.Paul show on the Roy Wilkens site. It would be cool if they contacted someone local. There's a lot of talent in that area. Of course, nixing an opener and playing a bigger set would be even better.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 03, 2008, 10:33:46 PM »
If Scott can get some consistency and the tour dates are fulfilled, I still think we'll see an album at some point.

The guys won't be happy without releasing material and, as much as I'm looking forward to an SW solo album, it won't sell any better than AoA or Libertad did. They need each other and, unless things fall apart completely, that will continue to be the most important factor.

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 03, 2008, 11:36:30 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
Why ae they burnt out?? One show were Scott was dunk/stoned whatever and everyones jumping on them ... did anyone see the reviews for the next night and how good the band was as a whole, stop feeding on all the negantive shit

I was at the Mansfield show and it was kick ass. Im just saying that for a band that hasn't played together in 5 + years to go on a 70 + city tour concerns me of them getting burnt out. Scott especially, he's been on tour so long with VR and STP in back to back years. I wonder STP even knew they had those days off and if their management is just trying to suck every dime out of them this summer? The negativity sucks, but its always gonna be there when Scott is involved due to his past. I think they'll make it through this summer and head to the studio in 09.
STP: A bunch.

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 03, 2008, 11:44:19 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I'm pretty sure Scott was clean up until the last VR tour.  When I saw him in January with VR he was definitely out of it.  I have no doubts about his sobriety on VRs other tours he looked and performed great then. 

The first thing I said to my girlfriend when we left Hammerstein Ballroom on New Year's Eve this past year was, "he's definitely on drugs again".  He sang almost every song flat.  And seemed very distant from the band, the crowd, the entire show.  I really hope he beats his demons once and for all. 

But what would it take? 

He has got the greatest group of guys accompanying him on stage.  I know this is stupid, but if I had players like that in my band, I don't think I could ask for anything else in life.  They ROCK.

I'll admit, I enjoyed Velvet Revolver's 2 albums.  But Slash, Duff and Sorum have got NOTHING on the Deleos and Kretz.  Musically, artistically, or any other way. 

I pray to the Gods of Rock that these guys can pull through it, but I think it's going to take a 100% clean and stable Weiland for it to happen.  What are the odds of that?

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: New sour girl
« Reply #473 on: June 04, 2008, 12:11:11 AM »
I like when bands "reinvison" their songs (or what ever you want to call it) Pumpkins used to do it all the time.

unity311

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 04, 2008, 03:23:37 PM »
Quote from: "JWeber"
Nothing is listed for the MLPS/St.Paul show on the Roy Wilkens site. It would be cool if they contacted someone local. There's a lot of talent in that area. Of course, nixing an opener and playing a bigger set would be even better.
Been curious who the opener is for this show as well...any new word yet?

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 04, 2008, 08:04:37 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
I thought it was cute though. Different too. I preferred that to some run of the mill rock band opener that we would probably never hear about or care too again.

I agree with ya there...we couldn't hear them from where we were.I couldn't make out a single song.It would be exciting to be in the band though.  good for them

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 04, 2008, 08:13:15 PM »
I heard on the radio that for Jones Beach it's Black Rebel Motorcycle Club which would be as opening act I would want to see!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 04, 2008, 11:09:12 PM »
Quote from: "unity311"
Been curious who the opener is for this show as well...any new word yet?

Ashes Divide will open.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:13:44 PM by JWeber »

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Acoustic Set For The Tour
« Reply #478 on: June 07, 2008, 07:00:23 AM »
Quote from: "detomaso"
All I know is I wish they'd play Atlanta. :(

That would be amazing
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Acoustic Set For The Tour
« Reply #479 on: June 07, 2008, 08:21:16 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
What do you guys think? What five songs would you wanna hear acoustic?

Sour Girl
Samba Nova (electric)
Hello, It's Late
Wicked Garden
And So I Know (electric)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:24:16 AM by NovaAngel19 »