September 30, 2024, 02:36:53 AM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115814 times)

rushp1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Will STP be able to reconnect and hold it together for another album ?
« Reply #450 on: June 03, 2008, 08:49:32 AM »
if you are a STP fan, you know the unpredictability of Scott. really that goes for all great rock stars - they live on the edge so we dont have to. its part of that rock and roll excitement and lifestyle. but with Scott, his history shows such ups and downs, you just never know. so much is promised - VR DVD, Scott book, Scott 2nd album, Scott clothing line, etc. how much of that will we actually see?

coma09

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: With all that going on between Scott and the rest of the band...
« Reply #451 on: June 03, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
yeah its a good sign if they werent forced to do the extra dates, they have too many already, the good sign is when they have a new album out

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 03, 2008, 01:23:01 PM »
u don't think they have a say at all?
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 03, 2008, 01:23:48 PM »
the clothing line would be bad ass to see tho
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 03, 2008, 01:33:16 PM »
Quote from: "wittyscreenname"
well you've already expressed how you dont give a shit

why would I even bother posting on here if I don't care?

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 03, 2008, 01:38:40 PM »
Quote from: "wittyscreenname"
how ever true it may be, I have to agree with you...its a really horrible thing to say.

sorry if I offended anyone, but it's no secret that heavy drug use takes lives. No one should take from my post that I want Scott Weiland to pass... but he's playing with his life right now. His poor kids won't have a dad if he doesn't get a grip. It's just being realistic man. At 40 years old your body can't process and take drugs like it can at 20. Let's not kid ourselves, he's EXTREMELY fortunately to still be around at this point.

I want to be clear: there's nothing I want more than a clean/sober Scott Weiland, a killer STP, a new album, a new tour. I just think that's a pipe dream given the current circumstance. I hope Scott proves me wrong, but I just can't see him delivering with his problem. Some people decide to be eternal optimist about the situation... and personally I'm just a little more cautious about the whole thing.

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 03, 2008, 01:49:23 PM »
If the band can make it throught the tour without imploding (which I think it's too early to tell) I can see them doing another album. It always seemed to me that makeing a record was never when the band derailed, but all the fighting starts when they are on the road. I remember being at the Hard Rock in Orlando in 2002 and you could tell something was wrong with Robert and Scott. That was the fifth time I've seen them and they always seemed close. That show, it was almost as if they were avoiding each other, only they where subtle about it.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 03, 2008, 02:26:38 PM »
I dont think him being on tour is the only reason he's messed up, thats is he is, thats just him and some people just can get cured

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2008, 02:29:09 PM »
Why ae they burnt out?? One show were Scott was dunk/stoned whatever and everyones jumping on them ... did anyone see the reviews for the next night and how good the band was as a whole, stop feeding on all the negantive shit

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2008, 02:43:47 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
Truthfully i think he really was clean in between stp and VR.  Hence Fall to Pieces.  But I think that touring and being Rock and Roll Scott has put that shit in his face again.  So it's either clean and sober non existant to us scott or Using, making awesome music scott. It just sucks its 1 or the other.

I'm pretty sure Scott was clean up until the last VR tour.  When I saw him in January with VR he was definitely out of it.  I have no doubts about his sobriety on VRs other tours he looked and performed great then. 

rymo84

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2008, 02:49:48 PM »
I think people need to stop sitting around and waiting for something bad to happen or acting like it is inevitable. All I hear is "I hope they make it to the end" or "there's no way they'll make it" or "they're doing too many dates, I told you so". Sheesh, they're men, I think they can make decisions for themselves. And if no record comes out in the end, well then it just wasn't meant to be. But I think ultimately there will be one and things will be good. Stay positive.

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2008, 03:25:09 PM »
I'm listening to the VH1 Storytellers on MP3 and Scott sounds so articulate and sober. He also seems really personable and clear headed. Not to mention he sounds so much better too. Hopefully he can get back to that level of quality in his music and health.

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2008, 04:10:05 PM »
A few months in jail will clear your head, that's for sure-hence the clear headed Weiland.

I saw him with VR in October and he was good.  However, the night before he was plowed in Alabama....butchered Patience by missing lyrics and sounding like complete garbage.  I didn't see other performances from that night.  So, for those freaking out about the last Jersey show, this has been going on for a while I believe-just maybe not that extreme.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:37:49 PM by thejackal »

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 03, 2008, 04:36:28 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
I dont think him being on tour is the only reason he's messed up, thats is he is, thats just him and some people just can get cured

I just think that on tour there is more pressure on everyone being stuck together for long periods of time, so I don't think it's helping his situation. It's kind of like summer road trips with the family. Too many people crammed in a small space for a long time is never good. Sooner or later a fight is going to break out.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #464 on: June 03, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Layne Staley was able to survive 5 years of doing drugs non stop (1997-2002)

You are citing someone's survival as evidence when that person being cited is now dead from the habit that you are exemplifying. Bad example regardless of how you twist it.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015