September 29, 2024, 06:24:14 AM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115712 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: STP planning extensive tour
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »
Quote from: "johnlatham"
Glad to see they are touring again, but I still want to see more than a greatest hits setlist. Probably not very likely, eh?

For the festivals, they will play greatest hits. No question.

For their own tour, I think that perhaps with this renewed energy, maybe they will bust out some deep cuts. I know during their last tour, they played the same material ever night. I'm hoping they would atleast mix it up alittle.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2008, 04:41:47 PM »
I'm curious that if there talking about the Harry Houdini estate that is in Laural Canyon, CA. where the Red Hot Chili Peppers recorded Blood Sugar Sex Magik & Stadium Arcadium. It is said to be haunted and stuff, idk...interesting tho.

Yah, I'm thinking the festivals will be greatest hits def. and alot of bands play the same set usually today and change up a few numbers in the set. I feel they do this to get in a groove an be on the same page with each other every night. I could care less what they play I just can't wait to see them...
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2008, 06:17:35 PM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"
I'm curious that if there talking about the Harry Houdini estate that is in Laural Canyon, CA. where the Red Hot Chili Peppers recorded Blood Sugar Sex Magik & Stadium Arcadium. It is said to be haunted and stuff, idk...interesting tho.

From what I gather that's probably the mansion they will do the press conference from. Yeah, it's a pretty interesting choice.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Orbital199

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion about 2008 Tour Dates
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2008, 07:37:35 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Woah.  They are coming out of the woodwork!  I remember you!  =D

I remember you too. I'm seeing a lot of people on here I recognize. Wish I hadn't been gone so long.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Over 65 tour dates to be announced....
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2008, 08:45:11 PM »
One of this summer's most highly-anticipated music announcements has arrived. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS have officially revealed that the band will be reuniting and will launch a massive 2008 concert tour encompassing over 65 dates and hitting all corners of North America. Marking the first national tour for STONE TEMPLE PILOTS in almost eight years, the 65-date stretch will bring the iconic band's charismatic musicianship and exhilarating live shows to amphitheatres across North America. The tour is scheduled to kick off May 17 with the band headlining the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, OH and will continue through November 2008.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will celebrate the announcement of their reunion tour with an exclusive launch event, sponsored by Spin magazine and Citi's Private Pass Program to benefit the VH1 Save The Music Foundation, that will include a private performance for a select group of contest winners and fans at a secret location in California's Hollywood Hills. The full list of 2008 tour dates will be announced at the event. A select number of tickets for the April 7 event will be available for purchase by going to www.vh1savethemusic.com, with all proceeds from the sale going to the charity. In addition, beginning April 3, Citi's Private Pass Program, available at www.privatepass.citi.com, will be offering a limited number of Gold and Platinum VIP packages to this exclusive, private event including tickets, exclusive merchandise and meet and greet experiences. Following the launch event, the reunited outfit will make their first national LIVE appearance on the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on May 1.

On April 7 STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will launch a new website and an official fan club program that will give members exclusive access to presale tickets for the band's upcoming tour. VIP ticket packages that include premium seating will be available for fans who are seeking a unique concert experience. A brand new line of STP merchandise will be available soon.

(this comes from Blabbermouth. I thought Spin Magazine hated STP..it's kind of ironice to see them with STP together.)
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Over 65 tour dates to be announced....
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2008, 08:54:19 PM »
Kickass! Congrats to all you lucky Americans!

Now, let's see - US tour...album...Europe in '09?!

Knuckles

• Soaked at Donington
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2008, 09:15:29 PM »
Europe awaits... !!!
I used to love you now I don't care

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
This is all to much...I had to read the post twice =)

CAN'T WAIT FOR MONDAY!!
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
This is arguably going to be one of the longest weekends I have ever lived through. Rarely, if ever, do I hope for a Monday to hurry up and come.

On a side note, if there are 65 dates, one of them has got to be either the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC or in some venue in Charlotte or Raleigh, NC. If they don't come to Charlotte, I'm hoping for a Friday or Saturday show in Myrtle Beach or Raleigh.

Boomy

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2008, 12:01:35 AM »
This could potentially be a negative, but I think these guys will be committed to fulfilling it. I hope so. I want these guys to be succesful during the tour and from here on out. Moreover, I want them to avoid going at each other's throats.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2008, 12:24:24 AM »
is this whole press conference or even the performance going to be filmed? that'd be killer.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2008, 12:54:27 AM »
Sponsored by Spin magazine? Haha! Spin hates STP!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2008, 03:14:29 AM »
I cannot wait!! The anticipation is killing me!
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion about 2008 Tour Dates
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »
I never got into Radiohead either. I remember seeing them perform on SNL one time and Tom Yorke looked like he was a having a seizure on-stage.

I've heard OK Computer and Kid A are good albums. I never got a chance to listen to them yet though.

If you are looking to get into Radiohead get The Bends.

about_nothing

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2008, 05:16:23 AM »
they should do a world tour for all the other countries that love them, theres other fans then just in the US and Europe that would love to see STP live, im sure they would sell out aswell
\"You\'re the champion of sorrow. You\'re the love and the pain. You\'re the fighter of evil. Yet yo