September 29, 2024, 08:28:22 PM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115776 times)

nodrognorrab

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dasaboard
Re: For those complaining about the mistakes in Down live...
« Reply #375 on: May 26, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »
Scott did a good job of trying to save the song...I was there (second row pit) and once the rest of the band stopped freaking out (can't see it on the video) they were able to recover.

Atlantic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Who's opening for STP?
« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2008, 08:08:31 PM »
Quote from: "pibe.91"
emmmm

let me think...

linkin park?

Juanma

No way that would ever happen. I think Linkin Park has more sale value than STP does, especially because of their audience. After all, they're both headliner bands.

vchizzle

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: The current tour performances
« Reply #377 on: May 26, 2008, 09:39:40 PM »
I haven't read this whole thread. Should they be well rehearsed? Yes. Does everything always go exactly as planned? Nope. So many things could be factoring in on performance this early in a tour. I understand people being pissed for forgotten lyrics or a botched part here and there. If you've ever seen a band more than once on a tour, you'd know that the early shows are almost never as good as the later shows.

A side note, I've been in band(s) for the last 15 years. Fact of the matter is, sometimes you just f%ck up. Sometimes its recovered quick, sometimes not. It's part of being human.THEY'RE IN THE 1ST WEEK OF THE TOUR! I've forgotten a part or missed a cue after playing a song for a couple years straight. You're not on stage with them and don't know what's going on up there, so don't be so quick to judge. If you want perfection, I'd suggest listening to the CD or not going to the first shows of a tour after a band hasn't played together in years.

There's a huge amount of pressure right now. This band is doomed by their past right now...mostly to Scott's doing. The skepticism by the general public right now is huge(myself included) - but not without reason. I want to see these guys succeed to a point furthur than they've ever made it before. They are one of my favorite bands ever. Let them get sh!t together.

This tour is the start of the biggest time(and smartest time) to tour...on every level. People get itchy, spring fever, summer starting(WE SPEND MONEY)...this is the time for any band to make a comeback. The timing of this tour is no mistake, whether they're ready or not. I'm pretty sure their management is saying - get crackin' and make everyone some money, they could give 2 sh!ts about perfection cause a couple months down the line it'll be forgotten when STP is firing on all 8 cylinders.

I was at the Chicago show and it was pretty incredible.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 09:59:56 PM by vchizzle »

stpfan77

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 26, 2008, 11:48:02 PM »
Quote from: "vchizzle"
I haven't read this whole thread. Should they be well rehearsed? Yes. Does everything always go exactly as planned? Nope. So many things could be factoring in on performance this early in a tour. I understand people being pissed for forgotten lyrics or a botched part here and there. If you've ever seen a band more than once on a tour, you'd know that the early shows are almost never as good as the later shows.

A side note, I've been in band(s) for the last 15 years. Fact of the matter is, sometimes you just f%ck up. Sometimes its recovered quick, sometimes not. It's part of being human.THEY'RE IN THE 1ST WEEK OF THE TOUR! I've forgotten a part or missed a cue after playing a song for a couple years straight. You're not on stage with them and don't know what's going on up there, so don't be so quick to judge. If you want perfection, I'd suggest listening to the CD or not going to the first shows of a tour after a band hasn't played together in years.

There's a huge amount of pressure right now. This band is doomed by their past right now...mostly to Scott's doing. The skepticism by the general public right now is huge(myself included) - but not without reason. I want to see these guys succeed to a point furthur than they've ever made it before. They are one of my favorite bands ever. Let them get sh!t together.

This tour is the start of the biggest time(and smartest time) to tour...on every level. People get itchy, spring fever, summer starting(WE SPEND MONEY)...this is the time for any band to make a comeback. The timing of this tour is no mistake, whether they're ready or not. I'm pretty sure their management is saying - get crackin' and make everyone some money, they could give 2 sh!ts about perfection cause a couple months down the line it'll be forgotten when STP is firing on all 8 cylinders.

I was at the Chicago show and it was pretty incredible.

Very well said. I was one of those skeptics, based on some limited tracks I heard from the opening show and some comments from others attending the early performances. But after that Wallingford show last night (and it was the fifth time I've seen them) I have to say - being that this is only 9 days into the tour, I can only imagine - as you say - what they might sound like 2 months from now.

It's true that we're fortunate to be fans of one of the truly great studio AND live bands of the past 15-20 years. Prior to 2 months ago, there wasn't much reason for any of us to believe that this might ever even happen again. I'm beginning to agree more with those who say "Let's just cherish it for what it is."
It\'s more or less the same old story
The princess and the whore the lady!

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2008, 12:20:23 AM »
Quote from: "stpfan77"
Very well said. I was one of those skeptics, based on some limited tracks I heard from the opening show and some comments from others attending the early performances. But after that Wallingford show last night (and it was the fifth time I've seen them) I have to say - being that this is only 9 days into the tour, I can only imagine - as you say - what they might sound like 2 months from now.

It's true that we're fortunate to be fans of one of the truly great studio AND live bands of the past 15-20 years. Prior to 2 months ago, there wasn't much reason for any of us to believe that this might ever even happen again. I'm beginning to agree more with those who say "Let's just cherish it for what it is."

Amen to both of you!

You know what they say about looking a gift horse in the mouth.  :P

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 27, 2008, 12:53:06 AM »
Man, all the bickering, it's almost like old times: on the official STP board...

cutz

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 27, 2008, 01:02:16 AM »
So glad that you guys changed the subject, as to what it should be> STP.  I'm glad to read about any of the shows, good, bad or indifferent. Like some of you have stated, at least we have some shows to discuss. HEY!! It could be worse, and NO STP.

Desperation #5

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 27, 2008, 03:50:12 AM »
I thought the Down performance in Chicago might be the best I've ever heard it. 

dog_day_prophet

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50:29 AM »
Down was awesome in Chicago, along with pretty much the whole set, except for Dean's guitar in Big Empty, which was unfortunate, but not an indication of a band f**k-up.

dog_day_prophet

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
Quote from: "EclecticBohemian"
No, not heroin or anything like that.  Think more in the arena of his Bipolar disorder and how treatment of that can wreck havoc on a person. 

Sorry to take this thread back a couple pages, but I had to sift through all of the non-STP related bickering...

I thought that Scott didn't take the meds precisely because of the way it fucks with people...

Also, the new look is pretty sweet if you ask me...weird, yes, but c'mon, it's Scott.

Thirdly, just to be clear, the issue with Dean's guitar in Chicago wasn't the rig, it was the guitar itself.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #385 on: May 27, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Same here. That was one of their best performances of the night along with Wicked Garden and Silvergun Superman.

X's 3
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 27, 2008, 05:49:12 PM »
Eh, it wasn't that bad - from my perspective.  Everyone deserves a fuck up every now and then.  I noticed, but I don't think I cared.  At that point I had enough beer not to care.  :D

It could be worse.   No one would bitch about their performance if they weren't together.  :P

Slackerjack

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 27, 2008, 05:59:47 PM »
There's actually people who complain about the band fucking up one song out of 20-something songs? Jeez...talk about seeing the glass as half-empty. Guess what, shit happens. No biggie. It's got nothing to do with being unrehearsed. If you're a performing musician, you know the factors and variables of playing live, sometimes shit just happens. I've never seen fans react over a band messing up before, except for having a little laugh and then move on. Strange days, indeed.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 27, 2008, 06:02:25 PM »
What is up with all of the equipment failures? That is what is bothering me, personally speaking.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #389 on: May 27, 2008, 08:41:38 PM »
Quote from: "Slackerjack"
There's actually people who complain about the band fucking up one song out of 20-something songs? Jeez...talk about seeing the glass as half-empty. Guess what, shit happens. No biggie. It's got nothing to do with being unrehearsed. If you're a performing musician, you know the factors and variables of playing live, sometimes shit just happens. I've never seen fans react over a band messing up before, except for having a little laugh and then move on. Strange days, indeed.
i guess i sort of agree with you.
but at the same time, people have been waiting for this reunion forever. their expectations are pretty high and they should be. stp already has a reputation for being a great live band, so some people might find it disapointing to see a few screw up here and there after so long of a wait. its to be expected.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.