September 29, 2024, 06:38:55 PM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115771 times)

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The current tour performances
« Reply #345 on: May 23, 2008, 09:21:07 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
No doubt!  Eric has been the most solid one so far.  Maybe he's been busy practicing all these years while the other three have been off in side projects! :)

Yeah, he had us fooled the whole time! Even Robert Deleo when he said, "I don't know if Eric plays the drums anymore...". Punk'd, haha!

mrzod1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Acoustic Set For The Tour
« Reply #346 on: May 23, 2008, 09:52:53 PM »
First off, I'd rather any songs electric to acoustic or at least if acoustic with electric accompanyment (i.e. auxilliary instrument(s))  but IF there was an acoustic set and IF this were the only way the songs were getting played I'd go with:

press play
meatplow
adhesive
no memory
still remains
and so i know
silvergun superman
lady picture show
wet my bed
pretty penny
daisy
seven caged tigers

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2008, 10:25:31 PM »
That's a little long, I think it should just be 5-6 songs in the middle of an electric set, unless we're talking like that one show hey did where they did acoustic Trippin'.

Hey, word up for wanting acoustic Meatplow!
Grab the hate and drown it out...

S.I.N

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 24, 2008, 02:14:24 AM »
All of these guys are excellent musicians. I've always appreciated Eric's playing for sure. Love the power he brings to the STP sound.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New sour girl
« Reply #349 on: May 24, 2008, 03:09:56 AM »
Im deff digging SOURGIRL2.0

guido_27

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 24, 2008, 04:47:50 AM »
You Can't Drive Me Away
And So I Know
Hello It's Late
A Song For Sleeping
I Got You
Atlanta.-

guido_27

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion about 2008 Tour Dates
« Reply #351 on: May 24, 2008, 05:00:24 AM »
There is some possibility of playing in South America?

stpfan77

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 24, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »
It's interesting to take in all the impressions so far - I'm hitting up the Wallingford show Sunday night and at this point, I literally have no idea what to expect.

I mean, I'm pretty sure they'll prob. open with Big Empty, like usual, and stick to pretty much that core of songs that have made the cut every show so far - but I'm hoping, fingers crossed, maybe this will be the first show where they do some rotating of other stuff in there. But even if not, I appreciate that they're working deep cuts like Sin, Silvergun Superman, Too Cool Queenie, Lady Picture Show and Loungefly into the mix.

I'd like to see more diversity in the acoustic set - instead of just Sour Girl and Creep every time, both of which I've heard about 100 times live. But that might be coming later down the road. Some more songs off No. 4 and Shangri La would be great too. I do love Coma however, so I hope they don't drop that.

From comments I'm seeing, and the mp3 downloads I heard from the Columbus show (and that was when they were supposed to have been 'rusty') - I think musically they have their stuff pretty together, with the exception of a few minor flaws here and there. Eric, as mentioned, has been rock-solid, which is important. If the drummer is off, your timing and overall sound is fucked - no matter how otherworldly your other guys are. So that's good right there. Robert and Dean always bring it - the brother connection is the best chemistry thing between them - you can feel it at their live shows. Hopefully Dean won't blow any more amps.

Finally, as we all know, Scott's the wild card. The dude has just been through (and is probably still going through) so much - and we really have no idea exactly what it is, or how it's impacting him - that it could literally be affecting his performance in about at least a dozen different ways. Hope he continues to sound good (and remember the words for the most part).

I can't get my head around what an STP live show might look like without him gyrating around like a maniac who's just sniffed a mountain of coke or something - but I have a feeling that's what I'm going to see.

I'm sure it'll rock either way.
It\'s more or less the same old story
The princess and the whore the lady!

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 24, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
I was at the Columbus show, and everyone sounded great.  Sure, Scott screwed up a few times, but he's been through so much lately.  Love his new look.  Very cool.  I've heard it described as a cross between Frank Sinatra and David Bowie's White Duke persona, which is perfect.   I'm going to two more shows in July, and I can't wait!! 

mpshms

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2008, 05:00:17 PM »
Did anyone see the show at The Indianapolis Motor Speedway?  The weather was horrible and the show wasn't much better.  Weiland was pretty messed up and didn't even sound like himself.  We had a lot more fun watching Norm... a random guy in the audience beer bonging with the crowd.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 24, 2008, 08:06:41 PM »
I am really digging the electric version of sourgirl ! 1 week till I see them live !
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Desperation #5

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2008, 03:13:11 AM »
I was at the Chicago show and was pleased overall.  I've been reading all the complaints on here about the issues with the band (wrong lyrics, equipment failure, out of sync, etc.) and I've got to agree.  I understand that they haven't played together for a long time and that it's early in the tour, but we shouldn't have to be satisfied just because we saw them together again.  If they weren't ready to go on tour than they should've waited instead of basically just taking advantage of all of us.  I don't think this would be bothering me as much if they didn't remind us how much money they're getting from this every five minutes. 

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion about 2008 Tour Dates
« Reply #357 on: May 25, 2008, 04:11:32 AM »
Man, I don't think so.

There are so many things to happen before it.

Anyway, I keep on praying for it.
Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2008, 06:29:26 AM »
Yeah, that guitar solo made me smile from ear to ear when I first heard it.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »
I'm loving this new updated version, it's great!
-Bill_