September 29, 2024, 06:32:45 PM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115769 times)

SwPt

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Summer concert 08: Guitar Solo at the end of Sour Girl
« Reply #330 on: May 23, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »
Anybody knows what Scott say's during the new sour girl encore?
SwPt

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: The current tour performances
« Reply #331 on: May 23, 2008, 05:02:44 PM »
Quote from: "stpfan77"
Damn man, things need to be a little more chill here.

Yeah.  This topic was over.  Actually, it had even moved to the bottom of the page.  Until you replied and bumped it.

*rolls eyes*

SEE?!  This is what I'm talking about.

I think it's GREAT that we have new posters!  I just wish that they'd have a little bit of respect for differing opinions, and that they would take the time to check things out before going post happy.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New sour girl
« Reply #332 on: May 23, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »
Thanks to Curtis1158 for spotting that Scott is riffing on Bowie's "TVC15" from the Station To Station album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTjsOzeIpc0

Coolness...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 05:16:31 PM by Stop That Pigeon »

yellerstang03

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: New sour girl
« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »
They are also playing it 1/2 step lower, in C# instead of D.  It kinda gives the song a heavier feel.  I think it's cool, especially since it's a more electric version than done in the past.

Tol

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »
scott's new hairstyle sucks. he should get a haircut!
take a load off

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2008, 06:36:33 PM »
Yeah, damn Newbs...oh wait...I'm a Newb  :P  to BE anyway.

Hey Scott's hair is growing on me; beginning to like it.  :P
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

stpfan77

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Yeah.  This topic was over.  Actually, it had even moved to the bottom of the page.  Until you replied and bumped it.

*rolls eyes*

SEE?!  This is what I'm talking about.

I think it's GREAT that we have new posters!  I just wish that they'd have a little bit of respect for differing opinions, and that they would take the time to check things out before going post happy.

Oh so you get to decide when things begin and are over?? Sorry for weighing in with an opinion. I didn't realize I was being so disrespectful - but then I'm just some dumb 'newb.'

Oh and uh ... I didn't actually reply. It was an original post.

'ROLLS EYES'
It\'s more or less the same old story
The princess and the whore the lady!

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2008, 07:25:57 PM »
Guys please stop this bickering or this topic will get locked. Come on now, let's get all along. Please stick to the topic.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2008, 07:38:27 PM »
Quote from: "EclecticBohemian"
Hey Scott's hair is growing on me; beginning to like it.  :P

I think the awesome thing about Scott's new hair is it's so fucking weird only one man on Earth can pull it off. Scott Weiland.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 23, 2008, 08:00:40 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
I think the awesome thing about Scott's new hair is it's so fucking weird only one man on Earth can pull it off. Scott Weiland.

Agreed.  Its so bizarre I didnt even get it at first.  After going through the pictures a couple more times I now love it.  Although I think one other person could pull it off: David Bowie. 

I'm really liking Scotts new attitude and style. 

Back on track with my original topic:
I listened to the columbus (5/20) show, and I think that the boys are already tightening up.  I still think Scott is accidentally flubbing some words, but really that show seems pretty tight.  Rob, Eric, and Dean are getting noticably tighter as well.  I'm jealous of all you Ohioans that got to see it!  While I still contend that they should have been better prepared out of the gate, they seem to be shaking off the cobwebs a bit more now.  All in the suit you wear is especially noticeably improved.

oldleadbelly

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »
Yeah, I think the very first AITSTYW in Columbus was pretty flawless, then it backslid a bit in Camden.  But the clips of Chicago sound like they are picking up momentum.

AdhesivePilot

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 23, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »
well, since this topis's turned out to be about scotts hairdo....well, ive to see it better, cause i just saw some small pictures and it looked like a lame wig to me xD. personally i like the fact that hes not nuding at shows (which lots of u would disagree about, i guess) and is being smart without being cheesy...well this concept was at the very first appearances, cause now with that hair, ... his going 'weird', as said. hope this is all just for fun and wont become something about him being pissed off and all that stuff with the tour XD

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 23, 2008, 09:03:29 PM »
Quote from: "oldleadbelly"
Yeah, I think the very first AITSTYW in Columbus was pretty flawless, then it backslid a bit in Camden.  But the clips of Chicago sound like they are picking up momentum.

I disagree, none of the 4 seems to know where to song started at the 5/17 columbus show.  At the cleveland show Eric is extremely obvious with his intro count to further prevent another intro flub.  He does four ticks and then 4 kicks. 

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 23, 2008, 09:10:27 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I disagree, none of the 4 seems to know where to song started at the 5/17 columbus show.  At the cleveland show Eric is extremely obvious with his intro count to further prevent another intro flub.  He does four ticks and then 4 kicks. 

Agreed. Big improvement on the Cleveland boot. Gotta say, Eric is just ripping everything so far. It's a real pleasure to hear him again.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 23, 2008, 09:12:24 PM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
Agreed. Big improvement on the Cleveland boot. Gotta say, Eric is just ripping everything so far. It's a real pleasure to hear him again.

No doubt!  Eric has been the most solid one so far.  Maybe he's been busy practicing all these years while the other three have been off in side projects! :)