September 29, 2024, 04:27:08 PM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115761 times)

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The current tour performances
« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2008, 06:52:34 PM »
I'll add that you've noticed, since my 50th post, that I've continued to contribute.

Anyway, hopefully my opinion will gain your respect by post 1000.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 22, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »
Juge, while I know the timing is off, I dont think she was referring to you for her last point. You've continued to remain active after hitting your 50 posts.  I hope you continue to do so. 

EDIT:
you beat me to the punch. 

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 22, 2008, 06:56:12 PM »
Hey Aaron-

That email was hilarity. Pure hilarity. Although that guy has lost credit in my book for being an STP fan by saying Kurt is better than Scott. What a joke. I do think it's funny he called you Eddie Vedder like that's the biggest insult known to man, or something. Hahahaha. Now THAT was funny, definitely the best part.

He's lost his mind.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #318 on: May 22, 2008, 07:00:42 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I had an old alt, Crackerman36
Doesn't ring a bell.

Quote from: "JugeSTP"
Quit being a snob elitist STP fan, regardless of how long you've been here vs. me, I have an opinion too and I'm free to share it as long as this forum allows me to post.

LMAO.  Are you effing serious?  I'm a lot of things - but I'm no snob, nor do I think of myself as an elitist, though I appreciate the compliment.  I was merely pointing out that you shouldn't run your mouth about someone who's been here for quite some time when know one knows or remembers who you are in the first place.  And if you choose not to heed that warning, you should expect replies like the ones you got from Aaron and myself.  And Josh.  And F2S.  That's all I was saying.  

Anyway, hopefully my opinion will gain your respect by post 1000.

Har har har.  Not sure why you or anyone would care to "earn my respect" - you must think I'm someone very important.  I'm just a fan like anyone else.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Group Bow
« Reply #319 on: May 22, 2008, 07:04:38 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Don't you think that if he did, I would have mentioned it 1 or 2 or 1923223430 times by now, Scott?  lol. 

More like 12078923234623048923-48923947230957 times. I should have known better.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 22, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »
I was mostly being sarcastic... But being a follow STP fan, sure, I wouldn't mind gaining/earning the respect of everyone on here. You are no different than any other STP fan, maybe, but any STP fan is already ahead of the curve in my book. I think I can speak very knowledgeably about STP, and hopefully bring some insights that others might not have.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #321 on: May 22, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
More like 12078923234623048923-48923947230957 times. I should have known better.

That flag thing killed me every single time.  That adorable teenie-tiny little ass...
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Curtis1158

« Reply #322 on: May 22, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »
I like the bow. Never saw that with VR.

stpfan77

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 23, 2008, 01:32:41 AM »
Damn man, things need to be a little more chill here.

Whether we have 14 posts or 2,000 - hopefully we're all drawn here because of our common admiration for STP's music and performances.

If the downloads were free, people would bitch that anybody could take them at anytime - 'newb' or not, and this is true. The 50-post rule is a solid idea to set a restriction by where participation within the community is required to access those downloads. Then people participate, and people still complain. Who really cares what the motives behind participation are?

Not everybody is going to be able to contribute consistently to this board. Life is like that sometimes - other things come up from time to time and fan forum board participation might drop off a little.

Finally, to echo Juge's comments, I mean it is true - you're going to get some 'newbs' when the band gets back together after a 6-year hiatus. I know (and am) a hardcore music fan, and I don't know any people who consistently frequent and post on fan sites for bands that are broken up and not expected to get back together any time soon.
It\'s more or less the same old story
The princess and the whore the lady!

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #324 on: May 23, 2008, 02:02:09 AM »
STPGurl wasn't trying to be an elitist, she simply mentioned that a lot of the veteran posters here have been  friends for a long time here and take it personally when a friend and fellow member is attacked, I don't see a problem with Aaron posting the e-mail, it was relevant to the topic.  Some of the new members here need to respect differing opinions and if they'd like to have a debate on it they need to keep it mature and friendly, we don't want this becoming the Velvet Revolver forum.  This is the best time for STP fans in half a decade, we should all be getting along, we're all on the same side.

On the topic though, it's fine of Aaron to criticize the band.  When you love something or are a big fan of something you're more critical of it than anybody.  I'm an Angels fan and I have booed Vladimir Guerrero for the last month because he hasn't been playing well. 

I think Scott has sounded great and the band has too, there have been a few problems lyrically and sync wise, but they've sounded fine to me on bootlegs.  The hiccups are likely because a lack of rehearsal time, but they needed to start the tour right now in order to capitalize on the buzz of the reunion and the big high paying summer festivals.  If they'd toured later in the summer the novelty of "Holy shit STP are back" would have somewhat worn off and they'd have lost out on a lot of money.  I'm just happy they're back together and I don't have to deal with side projects (Velvet Revolver, Army of Anyone) anymore and I actually get to see my favorite band as an active functioning band for the first time since I was in grade school and only a casual fan.  They could blow chunks for all I care and it'd still be better than Velvet Revolver or Army of Anyone.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

stpfan77

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 23, 2008, 02:33:54 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
On the topic though, it's fine of Aaron to criticize the band.  When you love something or are a big fan of something you're more critical of it than anybody.

Agreed - 100 percent. For anyone who has seen my posts, it's been pretty obvious that I haven't been shy about being critical of some of these early miscues. Mainly, Weiland just needs to get the lyrics right. Really, it's not THAT hard.

Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I think Scott has sounded great and the band has too, there have been a few problems lyrically and sync wise, but they've sounded fine to me on bootlegs.  The hiccups are likely because a lack of rehearsal time, but they needed to start the tour right now in order to capitalize on the buzz of the reunion and the big high paying summer festivals.  If they'd toured later in the summer the novelty of "Holy shit STP are back" would have somewhat worn off and they'd have lost out on a lot of money.  I'm just happy they're back together and I don't have to deal with side projects (Velvet Revolver, Army of Anyone) anymore and I actually get to see my favorite band as an active functioning band for the first time since I was in grade school and only a casual fan.  They could blow chunks for all I care and it'd still be better than Velvet Revolver or Army of Anyone.

You raise a good point about the timing aspect and capitalizing on the summer festival opportunity. Having said that, the guys need to tighten it up before anyone can realistically say they're in absolute top form.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 02:38:29 AM by stpfan77 »
It\'s more or less the same old story
The princess and the whore the lady!

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 23, 2008, 04:06:19 AM »
I cant wait to hear a good live version of sin!

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 23, 2008, 04:08:40 AM »
I hope they dont start stripping again! HA!

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 23, 2008, 06:46:55 AM »
Quote from: "stpfan77"
Damn man, things need to be a little more chill here.

Whether we have 14 posts or 2,000 - hopefully we're all drawn here because of our common admiration for STP's music and performances.

If the downloads were free, people would bitch that anybody could take them at anytime - 'newb' or not, and this is true. The 50-post rule is a solid idea to set a restriction by where participation within the community is required to access those downloads. Then people participate, and people still complain. Who really cares what the motives behind participation are?

Not everybody is going to be able to contribute consistently to this board. Life is like that sometimes - other things come up from time to time and fan forum board participation might drop off a little.

Finally, to echo Juge's comments, I mean it is true - you're going to get some 'newbs' when the band gets back together after a 6-year hiatus. I know (and am) a hardcore music fan, and I don't know any people who consistently frequent and post on fan sites for bands that are broken up and not expected to get back together any time soon.

Well put. I was actually a member before (same username), but I quit coming here because, honestly, being here depressed me. Not because of you guys, mind you. It's just that I honestly never thought STP would get back together, and VR sickened me.

Atlantic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Who's opening for STP?
« Reply #329 on: May 23, 2008, 07:29:11 AM »
Some Chicago high school band opened for STP tonight. Drums, trumpets and all that crap. It was alright, the crowd got louder and louder after each song, but I think it was probably the anticipation mounting. Big Empty had gotten cut off because Dean was having guitar trouble, and while we were waiting for the crew to fix it, Rob asked what we thought of the opening act, whether or not it was a good idea, and the crowd responded with a loud cheer. Come to think of it, they never did finish Big Empty. Just started jamming on Wicked Garden. They owe us a song...