September 29, 2024, 02:33:31 PM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115759 times)

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
Re: The current tour performances
« Reply #285 on: May 21, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »
On a side note, once in a while a moment of greatness can be brought on from spontaniety when recovering from a mistake.

As the great Brian Eno once said, "Honor thy error as thy Hidden Intention."

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »
that's messed up that someone would go out of there way to send a hateful email.

i just think they are rusty and weiland probably is a little "banged up" from all the previous drama.

the shows should get tighter as they go along - i'm sure. i thought they sounded great in columbus for four people who hadn't played together in eight years.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Group Bow
« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2008, 11:20:14 PM »
I was looking through some of the current tour pictures and I saw the guys are doing the group bow again....It's really cool that Scott, Dean, Robert, and Eric do that. Allot of bands just wander of the stage and that's it. These guys dig their fans and come back out and acknowledge their support....its cool!
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Group Bow
« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2008, 11:38:43 PM »
I love that they're still doing it, too.  But I miss the giant gong.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 22, 2008, 12:14:37 AM »
Yup, wonder what the odds of bringing it back are?
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2008, 12:28:12 AM »
I agree with Ivy, I would have put Lil big man's name on it.

Don't mess with THE Aaron, we will hurt you.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/ ... Smiley.gif[/img]
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

HerdJC

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2008, 01:27:11 AM »
That's a pretty crappy e-mail to send someone.  Seriously, you can disagree with someone without sending them e-mails and making it personal.

HerdJC

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2008, 01:30:20 AM »
It was awesome seeing them take a bow after the show on Saturday.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 22, 2008, 02:06:27 AM »
Quote from: "HerdJC"
That's a pretty crappy e-mail to send someone.  Seriously, you can disagree with someone without sending them e-mails and making it personal.

Agreed!  I am all for a thoughtful conversation/debate.  I have no problem with people of different opinions, even this guy.  I wouldn't ever attack any of you personally though, I think its really rude and inappropriate, after alll this is a forum.  I'm not bent out of shape about this, but I thought posting his email was appropriate.  Maybe he'll cool off more now. 

Thanks for the support you guys.  That was really nice of all of you.  It means a lot. 

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 22, 2008, 02:10:56 AM »
first off all... idiots roam everywhere. What is with you people. I think Aaron is using bad judgment for even posting his email and giving him that much attention. You know he's basically won now, right? Getting so worked up over the email of some moron that thinks you're a sell out. Big deal, the guy is obviously trying to light a fire -- and you let him do it. As for everyone else kissing Aaron's ass and making this sad puppy feel better: LAME! I mean, I love this forum, I dig the community and I think the stuff that Aaron posts is awesome. And I really do appreciate it, thanks for doing that. But come on. Part of being in the mix, posting videos, being a forum admin etc... You're going to get idiots that send you emails. Part of the game. I would think you'd have thicker skin by now, especially if you've been doing this 10 years. Do you really have to defend your love for STP in front of everyone? You post bootlegs all day on a fan site. Of course you love STP, everyone knows that. Why do you feel like you have to prove something?

Can we please stop talking about this? I seriously think the more you guys vent about how big of a -- feeling hurter jerkface "douchebag" this guy is... the pathetic YOU are and not him. You people need to quit being so sensitive. At the end of the day, this guy flipped his lid because someone talked trash on his boy Scott. I don't approve of his way of handling things, but in a way I kind of appreciate his reaction. At least he loves STP right? We all love STP. I'm sorry, but using his name or not, calling that guy out is weak. And also, I think it's weak to seek approval from this forum like you need your self worth as an STP fan confirmed.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:16:16 AM by JugeSTP »

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 22, 2008, 02:13:54 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I wouldn't ever attack any of you personally though, I think its really rude and inappropriate. 

BUT YOU DID just attack this guy by calling him out in front of everyone. You retaliated. He might be a moron, but you're a hypocrite.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #296 on: May 22, 2008, 03:37:32 AM »
Speaking of STP stage traditions...

Does Scott still do the strip at the end of the set hiding behind the flag?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Wicked Gardener

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Who's opening for STP?
« Reply #297 on: May 22, 2008, 04:37:26 AM »
I saw them here in Cleveland last night and Ashes Divide was the only opening band. I am a fan of A Perfect Circle, but this side band of Billy's was just plain bad. They sounded like that indie band Thursday to me, except a little less melodic and a tad more dramatic if that makes any sense.

Wicked Gardener

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 22, 2008, 05:08:50 AM »
They did it at the Cleveland show last night. I snapped a few pics with my cell phone of it:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Dislimb/STP04.jpg[/img]

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Dislimb/STP05.jpg[/img]

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Dislimb/STP06.jpg[/img]

Please excuse the low quality, but if I would have known that the powers that be at the venue were going to be so lenient on recording devices I would have brought my digital cam with me.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 22, 2008, 05:23:08 AM »
Those are great pics .. how bout the bullhorn sirens to end the show, i always thought that was good