September 29, 2024, 02:22:05 PM

Author Topic: General discussion about 2008 tour dates  (Read 115758 times)

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: The current tour performances
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2008, 07:24:28 AM »
No, not heroin or anything like that.  Think more in the arena of his Bipolar disorder and how treatment of that can wreck havoc on a person. 
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2008, 07:28:36 AM »
Well that I can personally understand. Both my wife & I are bi-polar, and when I was on medication I was a complete mess. It got worse after my dad passed away. I spend several months in bed, just getting up to use the restroom and take the occasional bath. I didn't get better until I quit my meds and replaced them with the occasional toke or two (or three). I hated the way they made me feel, and honestly made my condition a lot worse.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Who's opening for STP?
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2008, 01:17:16 PM »
Quote from: "boynamedsue"
According to the new issue of Rolling Stone (dated May 29th), Wolfmother will also be opening in addition to the aforementioned Frank Black.

WOLFMOTHER?!?! HELL YEAH!!! I must look this up!!!
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 21, 2008, 12:09:38 AM »
I missed these guys at the Webster theater last year.  Very disappointed.  It's be great to see them rock out right before stp

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 21, 2008, 02:05:02 AM »
Who's opening at the Chicago show?

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 21, 2008, 06:04:04 AM »
Quote from: "crackerdude"
Who's opening at the Chicago show?

If it's Wolfmother I'm gonna shit a brick! I missed going to one of their shows a few years ago because I had to work. I totally ate up their last album.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 21, 2008, 06:12:22 AM »
No Wolfmother. Just checked their tour schedule and Chi-town was not on there. Damn!

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 21, 2008, 04:16:10 PM »
Well apparantly some people really dont care for me and my opinions.  Just got this email

Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 07:44:47 -0700

Listen mother fucker...
    Dont you ever cut out scott when he forgot words,or to sing or when he do something stupid at concert...ok?

If you see STP as a Pearl Jam fucking idiot band,then you are an asshole...

Rock and Roll is a way of lining...and let him (Weiland) be...let him live in a fucking drug evolving freedom...

i am so pissed off by you...

Long Live STP

and  my reply:

I respect your opinion, XXXXX, but with all respect, you can kiss my ass.

I love Scott and STP.  I have merely stated my disapointment with the bands tightness in the first couple shows.  I've never said that Weiland wasnt anything less than the best frontman in Rock and Roll.  In fact he is the best of the best.  I've merely pointed out that I think the band needs more rehersal.  By the by, I have bled STP and been involved in this community for a decade now.  Don't question my love for this band, because you dont know what you're talking about.  I dont know what you are talking about with a 'drug evolving freedom'.  I havent said I think Scott is even on drugs, nor have I ever chastized him for being on drugs.  I've supported him clean or not.

I've spent thousands on STP/VR/Scott Solo tour merch, music, and concerts over the years, and I am entitled to my opinions.

Next time you want to attack one of the most diehard STP fans out there, I suggest you think your attack out a bit more.

-Aaron

Listen people, since I got this email, maybe I need to clarify:

I wouldnt spend money to host mp3s and videos for this band if I didnt love them more than life itself.  I wouldnt be on this message board if I didnt love STP and all the members.  This is the ONLY music message board I am or have ever been active on.  I wouldnt own every single and 95% of the STP pressed bootlegs that are out there if I didnt love STP through and through.  STP has meant the world to me, and no one is happier than me that they are back together.  I merely stated my disappointment that the band wasnt tighter from the onset, and have stated that I fully believe they will tighten up as the tour goes on.  I have no doubt in my mind that Weiland is the best frontman in rock and roll, and that STP is the best damn band out there.  I just wished they came out on tour more prepared, but from reviews from last night they are already getting better. 

Please do not take my initial disappointment as a lack of love for this band.  Its because of how amazing this band can be that I was initially slightly disappointed.  I know what these guys can do, and more than anyone, I want them to be the best!

Also, I dont really understand the above Pearl Jam statement, but I dont want this band to be Pearl Jam, rest assured.  I dont want STP to be anyone other than STP. 

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Well apparantly some people really dont care for me and my opinions.  Just got this email

Wow..that's not cool at all, what a douchebag. What happened to respecting other peoples opinions?
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2008, 04:46:07 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
Wow..that's not cool at all, what a douchebag. What happened to respecting other peoples opinions?

You're a nice guy for blocking out his name.  I wouldn't have.  lol.

He's obviously on the boards, and most likely here only to get his 50 posts, go download crazy on Lord Aarons Fantabulous Downloads section, and then cease to contribute.

Hey, Nameless Douchbag - Aaron has done a tremendous amount of work for the online STP community and has been here for the past ten or more years doing so.  What would prompt you to send an email like that to a guy who's nothing but nice to absolutely everyone - even assholes like you?  Eew.  Go away.  Now everyone hates you.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 21, 2008, 05:10:10 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Please do not take my initial disappointment as a lack of love for this band.
Man, you have nothing to explain. We all know how much you've done for us here. And not a single one of us doubts your love of STP.

Fuck this asshole who probably thinks he's a bigger fan because he would never rag on STP and is a complete fucking moron because he advocates Scott's drug use (the reason STP almost died numerous times before).

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 21, 2008, 05:36:37 PM »
I find it odd that someone would criticize Aaron's love for STP based on an opinion. What a deuchebag!

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 21, 2008, 05:59:02 PM »
Rock and Roll is a way of lining

What kind of lining? Silver lining? I mean, seriously. :lol: And "drug-evolving freedom"?! You think Weiland likes being an addict, recovering or otherwise?! Why not ask Layne Staley how fun it is. Oh wait, you can't without a ouija board and some chicken bones. Yeah, I may be a stoner myself, and also may do the (extremely) occasional line, and I'm 100% for personal freedom, but not when it takes a negative toll on someone. Scott just so happens to be someone who shouldn't be on anything.

Aaron, the fact that you are such a diehard fan is what gives you the right to criticize when necessary.  I'm a moderator at a Beach Boys site, http://www.smileysmile.net/board (cheap plug!) , and I get a lot of shit because of my opinions concerning the unevenness of Brian Wilson's solo output (and also having connections to insiders, meaning I know more of what's going on than many others). I've gotten more emails like that than I care to mention, so I feel you there, dude. I disagree with some of what you've posted, and honestly do feel that you've been a bit hard on them, but so the hell what! It's your opinion, and you're more than entitled to it.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #283 on: May 21, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
Oh wait, you can't without a ouija board and some chicken bones.

That is so, so fucking funny.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Roe

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 21, 2008, 06:12:44 PM »
I think that it would have been better for the band to take more time to rehearse and prep for the tour as well.  Aaron is right in saying that a lot of other bands have returned from long breaks and put on killer shows, but at the same time bands like Led Zeppelin, the E-Street Band when they were with Bruce again, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, etc, etc, set aside a ton of time to get back into it.  The thing with STP is Weiland was touring with VR until April, had court issues to straighten out, and probably just didn't get as much prep time as they needed to put on a killer show.  Part of it was probably due to the pressure to play festivals right away which probably didn't require much pressure.  It was more of a "that sounds wonderful" type of thing the way it sounds.  I have faith that the next time I catch them (mid-July) they will be on top of their game.

On a side note, once in a while a moment of greatness can be brought on from spontaniety when recovering from a mistake.