September 17, 2024, 08:11:10 PM

Author Topic: 2008-05-17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range  (Read 52436 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: 2008-05-17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range
« Reply #345 on: May 22, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
Hmmm, was she blond and obsessed with Scott?
;)

Hehe.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 22, 2008, 11:36:51 PM »
A great set by STP.

I enjoyed the vibe of Staind opening for STP in Camden.  Much better than Disturbed. 

Disturbed should write a part two of 10,000 fists (like metallica did).  The title of part two should be called 10,000 fists up your ass because I would rather that than have to sit through another set of the post-nu-metal bullshit.  Korn played it out of style 10 years ago.  There's no reason to "reinvent" the sound of cow dung being flown across the room and hitting a wall. 

But, again...a great set by STP

Curtis1158

« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2008, 12:34:46 AM »
Did anyone notice the "Oh my TVC15" that Scott threw in during Sour Girl? Very interesting.

JohnnyWuFei

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 23, 2008, 12:54:37 PM »
Quote from: "Meatplow"
This chick showed her tits numerous times:

LOL... I remember seeing her. Whats funny is that the pic you took is the only time I saw her with her shirt on. XD

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2008, 04:13:41 PM »
Quote from: "Curtis1158"
Did anyone notice the "Oh my TVC15" that Scott threw in during Sour Girl? Very interesting.

Spotter's badge for you, Curtis! I'd been trying to figure out what that was...it's from "Station To Station" isn't it? Great track as I recall.

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2008, 04:09:58 PM »
it was such a great show. yes i had a great view of that blonde chick and i noticed that thingy during sour girl but good catch.
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 26, 2008, 04:23:53 PM »
The new SOURGIRL is so good

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »
yeah dude when they started playing that i was a little confused and then totally thrilled. i hope they put some more spins on other songs too.

cutz

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 26, 2008, 09:43:21 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
so after spending most of the day plastering the forum with posts in order to get up to 50... I've now listened to the entire Columbus show. Seems like the focus has been on Scott's vocals, so I'll give my rantings on the Columbus show out of 10 per song:

1. Big Empty - safe, but sounded pretty good. 7/10
2. Wicked Garden- very solid. Kind of surprised me how much he nailed it 8/10
3. Big Bang Baby- absolutely terrible. Either stop playing it, or figure out how to sing it 3/10
4. Vasoline - a little better than Kimmel. Pretty solid. 7/10
5. Lady Picture Show - NAILED IT. Not a huge fan of the song, but he was on and the solo was terrifc 9/10
6. Lounge Fly- Lyrical screw ups and average on delivery. Seemed like a fish out of water 5/10
7. Sour Girl - I didn't like how fast they played the song, and Weiland was flustered by it. They also changed up the ending of the song, and lack of practice with Weiland threw him off as the song wrapped up. Otherwise he sounded ok 6/10
8. Creep - fairly safe, but sounded good. 7/10
9. Plush - he's had a lot of practice with this one and you can tell :) 9/10
10. Interstate Love Song - it was a little flat and didn't have the soaring drive it usually does, but Weiland sounded very good 8/10
11. Coma- Weiland didn't even attempt the pre-chorus high notes, which is weak. He also mixed up the order of lyrics and screwed up. Sounded ok on other parts 6/10
12. Down - AWESOME! Nailed the high notes. Sang the beginining perfectly. Ended it about as well as he ever has 9/10
13. All in the Suit That you Wear- The intro into the song was terrible. Mostly Weiland's fault I'm sure, again, for not practicing enough. Otherwise, pretty good. 7/10
14. Sex Type Thing - SOLID! I guess singing that song with VR helped out 8.5/10
15. Trippin' - MUCH BETTER THAN KIMMEL. Phew, I was worried I'd be embarassed agian by this one. 7/10
16. Dead & Bloated - Solid 8/10

That's my rating. That's about an average of 6.7 out of 10 per song. Not bad and it'll only get better. Honestly, the only one I thought was unacceptable was Big Bang Baby... and the rest was more rhythm and lyrics problems than anything else. Good job Scott! This should only get better.

Thanks for you rating of the songs. Very nice job, by you. I do hope they play more songs, then 16.  I will be seeing them later in the tour, so i would expect that they will only get better. I would also assume, that they will play more songs, while changeing up the set-list.

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: [Request] Rock on The Range - WebStream
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2008, 03:01:31 AM »
dude i hope they keep doing this kinda stuff for future shows...

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2008, 02:10:05 AM »
Quote from: "cutz"
Thanks for you rating of the songs. Very nice job, by you. I do hope they play more songs, then 16.  I will be seeing them later in the tour, so i would expect that they will only get better. I would also assume, that they will play more songs, while changeing up the set-list.

They only played 16 songs because it was a festival.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2008, 06:02:08 AM »
Intro-Big Empty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvNh1WRsXLo

Hey guys I finally got around to uploading my vid of the intro and Big Empty to youtube. The audio turned out really good and I was really close next to the gate between Robert And Scott!!! Enjoy!!
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 27, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
Spotter's badge for you, Curtis! I'd been trying to figure out what that was...it's from "Station To Station" isn't it? Great track as I recall.

Apparently, they must've done the TVC15 jam in "Sour Girl" at Lazerfest too.  Here's a pretty good vid I found of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I9xiow7Eutk&feature=related
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

augumj02

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 06, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »
this was by far the best concert i've seen to date, i somehow managed to get up to the 3rd row in the pit and got repeatedly kicked in the head haha. i found the torrent of the audio someone recording at this show. a close friend of mine has a recording studio, i took the recordings to him to see if he can improve the sound and they sound much better then the original (lots of credit to the original dude). where can i post these remastered versions? (the only 2 exclusions to the remaster are the intro part and the money jam when they came back on stage, but everything else is still there including the dialogue).

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 07, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »
Which date is lazerfest and which show do have a remastered recording of??????? I'm so confused or stupid. I'm sure you'll all tell me.
When I share stuff with you guys I just right on the folder containing the stuff. Hit add to archive if you have winrar installed or if you dont right click and hit add to zip comes with xp.
Then go to megashare . com     
You can even post my hotmail as a recipient  hawk1900@hotmail.com   then make sure you dont post the live link here   just xx out the  tt in http at the start of the address.
 Hawk is addicted.
If you do that I'll be ever so grateful.