September 12, 2024, 05:18:40 AM

Author Topic: 2008-05-17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range  (Read 52082 times)

remraf

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-05-17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2008, 02:55:15 AM »
Quote from: "Rik"
This will not be linked to from the main site until later this week, but here's a preview of the new Picture Archive, which is still very much under construction with empty pages, error messages, etc. It has the new tour's pictures. More will be added over the next few days and weeks:

http://www.belowempty.com/pictures.php?do=showgallery&type=concert&sub=STP&id=113

Some great pics there.  Anyone else look at Weiland and think 'Bowie' in a lot of those pics?

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2008, 02:58:50 AM »
If anyone wants to add any reviews or their own pictures to the site please send them in through here:

http://www.belowempty.com/concerts.php? ... iew&id=445
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 19, 2008, 04:42:58 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Pearl Jam usually opens their shows with slower tempo songs, so I'm glad STP is going in a similar route. Hearing a rocker to start things off gets old after awhile.

NOW hopefully they will go a similar route like Pearl Jam and switch up the setlist each night.

STP have nowhere close to the catalog Pearl Jam have, so even though I see what you're saying I really don't think they can do say, two shows without some songs repeating themselves. Pearl Jam though have played entirely different sets for about three days in a row- no songs repeated. (By the way, when I saw them a few years back, they opened with Inside Job... it was fantastic.)

That said, glad to see them back. The set was basic but AITSTYW and Coma were great surprises. Here's hoping for a great tour. I'm seeing them on the 12th of June here in Las Vegas.

~Jeremy~

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 19, 2008, 05:02:34 AM »
The one problem with Pearl Jam's method of not repeating songs on consecutive days is that some people at the second show would be disappointed to not hear Jeremy, for example. I like STP being able to play the hits but being able to add in a few songs you don't hear them play often.

24STP24

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2008, 05:45:53 AM »
Quote from: "VeiledTrickerySTP"
The one problem with Pearl Jam's method of not repeating songs on consecutive days is that some people at the second show would be disappointed to not hear Jeremy, for example. I like STP being able to play the hits but being able to add in a few songs you don't hear them play often.

I definitely agree... I went to  Pearl Jam show about 8 years ago and was disappointed not to hear songs like "Jeremy" and "Alive." When I go to a show I want to hear most of the classics and a few songs you may not expect to hear as well. Just my opinion.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2008, 08:33:36 AM »
Quote from: "stpblaine2"
THIS SOUNDS SO BAD ASS!!!

June 28th will be a good day

I'm going to the Woodlands show too!

Rust

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 19, 2008, 10:17:14 AM »
Sounds great!

Many thanks for taping.

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 19, 2008, 11:38:01 AM »
Those MP3's sound great, way better than on Kimmel...

Thanks a million! :D
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »
Here's another link since dime can be rough and some pages expire!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P9VBG17R

HawkOUT!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2008, 01:17:47 PM »
Quote from: "Jeremy"
STP have nowhere close to the catalog Pearl Jam have, so even though I see what you're saying I really don't think they can do say, two shows without some songs repeating themselves. Pearl Jam though have played entirely different sets for about three days in a row- no songs repeated. (By the way, when I saw them a few years back, they opened with Inside Job... it was fantastic.)

Oh, I totally understand that. I don't expect them to totally overhaul their set show to show. I'm just hoping for a few nuggets here and there.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

dirty dog

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »
"mp3s are going up in this directory -
Now the few of you who cannot download the torrent can listen to these. Please do not burn the mp3s to CD (except for personal use) or trade the mp3s. The sound quality really does not compare to the FLAC files over on Dime.

I will be working on getting my Filter recording up this afternoon, as well. Not sure how many of you like those guys."

I REMEBER YOU MAN!!! ON ARMY OF ANYONE FORUM... AND YOU MAKE HAPPY ONE MORE TIME!!!
THANX

FelixKönich

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2008, 02:33:32 PM »
Quote from: "dirty dog"
"mp3s are going up in this directory -
Now the few of you who cannot download the torrent can listen to these. Please do not burn the mp3s to CD (except for personal use) or trade the mp3s. The sound quality really does not compare to the FLAC files over on Dime.

I will be working on getting my Filter recording up this afternoon, as well. Not sure how many of you like those guys."

I REMEBER YOU MAN!!! ON ARMY OF ANYONE FORUM... AND YOU MAKE HAPPY ONE MORE TIME!!!
THANX
big thanks from my side too! I love that concert

24STP24

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2008, 03:49:11 PM »
Just a side note... Before the first act went on the main stage (Finger Eleven), someone came on the stage and said something along the lines of "Remember you are being filmed," so hopefully they make a dvd with a couple STP songs on it.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2008, 05:04:20 PM »
...had to take a few days off the boards to recoup from my Weiland experience the other night and to prep for tomorrow's show.  lol.  Actually, we had a baptism to go to yesterday, and that's why I wasn't here.

"Sour Girl" was wicked - and it's a song I don't really look that forward to (ho-hum).  Beautiful.  I didn't like the back-to-back  "plush"/"creep" combo.  It felt like a 1992 overload. 

Yes, I survived it, Ivy.  And without much hysteria aside from the random screaming (Like when Scotty boy ditched the hat or took off the vest -- as well as nearly every time the boys leaned against each other's backs while they played).  And I only shed a few tears -- when the first took the stage, when they played LPS, and then again when they came forward and bowed at the end.  Hey, I usually sob the entire time. 

...we'll see what happens tomorrow, when I don't have shitty seats.

OK - and what about that $8 beer you guys?  I grabbed one when we first got there, and it was HOT.  Not warm.  HOT.  If you were cold, you could have drank it to warm up, in the same way you'd drink a hot cocoa.  Horrible.  It was at that point that I decided that beer was out of the question.  Plus, I'm not sure if me being drunk at STP would have been a good thing... heh.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2008, 08:37:58 PM »
Anybody find these videos yet?????

DOWNNNNN
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zhn5UcOIBa4

DEAD AND BLOATED
http://youtube.com/watch?v=om9lygXKhJo
My only exit is a one way out...