September 17, 2024, 08:07:09 PM

Author Topic: 2008-05-17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range  (Read 52434 times)

FelixKönich

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-05-17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »
i like lady picture show. it sounds so great scotts voice is much better as on the kimmel show

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »
Quote from: "kshamrock20"
I understand both sides of the argument. However , I have been a huge STP fan since core came out and I heard them for the very first time which I still remember very well like it was yesterday. I have been on this board since 1999ish close to a decade. I was using a different name one very similiar to mine now. However around 03 when the breakup happened I stop visiting the boards when my computer died and awhile later I got a new one but could not remember for the life of me my old username and password. After trying about 25 diff combinations I just game up and signed up under this new name. I find it pretty silly that I now have to create this new name and make 50 piontless posts in order to download the shows that I feel as a HUGE fan and somebody that has supported the band since the very beggining, I definitely deserve. I hope and feel bad for anybody else out there that has used this board for close to 10 years that has wound up in my current predicament.

There are some download links posted in this topic, including links to live2cd's mp3's.

I'm sure there are a lot of deserving people with less than 50 posts at the moment. There's different types, though. There's the kind that wants to be a part of this community. That type will generally discover that making 50 posts is not that hard or time consuming. There's also the kind that wants to come in here for the downloads and nothing else. You decide which kind you want to be part of. I can only hope it's not the latter...

Weeks ago I announced on the forum and by e-mail to all registered members that I would start cleaning the abandoned accounts after May 1st. Ivy finished this process. There was always an option for everyone to send me an e-mail and ask for help with account recovery, as described in this topic.

Please keep this discussion on topic. Discussion about the downloads section belongs here and will be removed from this and other irrelevant topics.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2008, 09:23:15 PM »
Quote from: "live2cd"
I will be working on getting my Filter recording up this afternoon, as well. Not sure how many of you like those guys.

I'm looking forward to that!

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »
Trippin' sounds WAYYY better than on kimmel.
man, im really enjoying this bootleg. once again, thanks for posting guys...
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »
Damn all in the suit is incredible!! I love how scott sings the chorus. It's like a laid back lounge version that he does during the chorus. Very Nice!

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2008, 09:51:02 PM »
Im glad they put time and effort into rehashing thier older material. They could have just come out and played the same stuff the same way but they refrained and have inserted alot of small differences in thier music that makes it fun for an old time fan to listen to. Still crazy that stp played a show last night!! So fucking surreal! Sounds great

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »
Thank you so much for posting the mp3s! I'm seeing them next week and you are getting me soooo primed!

I was only a modest fan of theirs before a friend took me to see them in Oct. of 2002, just 2 weeks before their last show ever (well not really, thank god!, as we've happily learned).  They blew me away that night, and I became a huge fan -- just in time to see them break up, lol. What a bummer that was!

Now I will see them knowing all their songs, seeing all their youtube clips, and now hearing these new tapes. I am SO ready! Thanks again!

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »
The way lady picture show is ended is badass!!!! Very jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »
Quote from: "kshamrock20"
Im glad they put time and effort into rehashing thier older material. They could have just come out and played the same stuff the same way but they refrained and have inserted alot of small differences in thier music that makes it fun for an old time fan to listen to. Still crazy that stp played a show last night!! So fucking surreal! Sounds great

agreed.  That was something I always loved about the pumpkins. They never play a song the same way as on the record.  Good to see STP moving in that direction too. 

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2008, 10:16:55 PM »
I will be working on getting my Filter recording up this afternoon, as well. Not sure how many of you like those guys.

Quote from: "Rik"
I'm looking forward to that!

Me too - awesome job on your part live2cd. Much appreciated.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2008, 10:18:56 PM »
Yeah  , for as much as i loved stp the last few times I saw them it was a little bit of a bummer cause I could predict every song and every guitar fill slash drum fill. Listening to this show is really exciting. Scott sings some notes longer or higher and it really gives these old tunes a breath of fresh air that they have needed live for a very long time. Glad to see these guys are having fun making this stuff different and more enjoyable for themselves.

rymo84

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2008, 10:19:14 PM »
Great concert. Glad we got to hear a couple of the rare tunes mixed in with classics. Would have liked to have heard more stuff off the last couple albums, but can't complain. Couldn't hear half the stuff Scott said though, and then the stuff I could hear was weird, like talking about Ohio being healthy. I liked the sarcastic comment about the band not endorsing hard core drugs. Funny guy.

Fortunately I have a scar on my eyebrow to remember the show for the rest of my life, thanks to taking one of the thrown plastic beer bottles to the face right before Staind. Now every time I look in the mirror I will remember the STP reunion concert.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2008, 10:27:24 PM »
Well that sucks about the scar!! but honestly if i could get a scar on my eye getting it at an STP reunion show is about the best way I could imagine.

remraf

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2008, 10:39:25 PM »
http://ronnysweet.com/localh/uploaded%2 ... e2cd.mp3f/

mp3s are going up in this directory -
Now the few of you who cannot download the torrent can listen to these. Please do not burn the mp3s to CD (except for personal use) or trade the mp3s. The sound quality really does not compare to the FLAC files over on Dime.

I bow to your greatness.  Thank you so much.

stpfan77

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2008, 10:40:44 PM »
Having just listened to the whole performance, beginning to end, I have to say I am very, very impressed.

Just 2 minor criticisms: 1) Scott's vocals during the chorus of Big Bang Baby were a little frantic and didn't seem to fit the melody too well (I can't imagine it's as easy to hit those high notes now as it was years ago); 2) Scott clearly forgot some lyrics here and there, as many have already pointed out, or in some cases repeated the same vocals at the wrong times (like in the chorus of Coma where he kept singing "It's just a game but no one's playing" during the part that's supposed to go "Nobody's breathin' in a coma!").

Once again, minor minor complaints in the overall scheme of things. They still sounded great, and most importantly, Scott's voice held up quite well over the course of the show - which many of us had our concerns about after the Kimmel performance.

I'm super-excited for next Sunday in Wallingford, for May 31st in Holmdel N.J. and for Aug. 8th in Bethlehem, Pa.

STP is BACK!!!!!
It\'s more or less the same old story
The princess and the whore the lady!