September 17, 2024, 08:09:25 PM

Author Topic: 2008-05-17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range  (Read 52435 times)

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
Re: 2008-05-17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2008, 08:34:36 PM »
Quote from: "stpfan77"
Really, not trying to be a pain in the ass, but that torrent link was maxed out the second it was posted, most likely because there are tons of people trying to access it and the site only allows so many users to be logged on simultaneously (it has continued to be maxed out - I'm sure I'm not the only one checking periodically).

I realize in a matter of time, there'll be mp3s or whatever and that there will eventually be tons of media files for a ton of dates from this tour - but I'm sure you must understand the longtime fans are wanting to see the first full-length live taste of STP in like 6 years.

Honestly, if I'd have discovered this site months or even weeks ago, I'm sure I'd easily have 50 posts by now - but come on, you can't be too shocked or up-in-arms about the fact that really really hardcore STP fans who don't have the 50 posts are fiending to see some of the stuff from last night. Nobody's blaming you directly - but put yourself in our shoes and I'm sure you can see where we're coming from.

We understand where you're coming from, but please understand the policy of this site and forum as well. This is a fan community, it's not intended to be a free-for-all with all kinds of exclusive downloads available for everyone to grab and re-post everywhere. The idea is that the downloads section is a way to give back to everyone who makes this community what it is today.

In the two weeks since your registration, all it took was 4 posts a day to get to 50 posts. I've seen forums with more harsh restrictions. With the amount of activity on this board in the last couple of weeks, it should be easy to find some threads to participate in and build up to 50 posts. We'd really appreciate it and I'm sure all other visitors will too. And trust me, it's worth it with all the new and more obscure older media that's available.

FelixKönich

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2008, 08:36:41 PM »
oh i really like the big empty video on youtube. I WANT `MORE MORE MORE

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2008, 08:37:55 PM »
WoW!  STP is officially back and Scotts voice is alot better and stronger. Its great to hear lounge fly live! This is great!

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2008, 08:41:44 PM »
Quote from: "STPHEAD"
Wowww sour girl jam/solo is ridiculously good.

Hell yeah, that's a major highlight - this is exactly the kind of thing I've been wanting to hear from STP.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »
Here's a second version audio recording from this show:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=197128

stpfan77

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2008, 08:45:50 PM »
Quote from: "Rik"
We understand where you're coming from, but please understand the policy of this site and forum as well. This is a fan community, it's not intended to be a free-for-all with all kinds of exclusive downloads available for everyone to grab and re-post everywhere. The idea is that the downloads section is a way to give back to everyone who makes this community what it is today.

In the two weeks since your registration, all it took was 4 posts a day to get to 50 posts. I've seen forums with more harsh restrictions. With the amount of activity on this board in the last couple of weeks, it should be easy to find some threads to participate in and build up to 50 posts. We'd really appreciate it and I'm sure all other visitors will too. And trust me, it's worth it with all the new and more obscure older media that's available.

I appreciate your reasoning and the site's setup 100%, and I thank you for the respectful response. I guess my theory is that I only post when I feel I have something substantive to say, rather than a random 1 or 2 lines here or there to build up the 'post-number.'

And believe me, I wish I had the time to peruse more of the board on a more consistent basis, because I'm quite sure I would have found quite a bit more on which to comment. It's also unfortunate that my PC at work doesn't enable me to view or participate in the forum section of this site - only my computer setup at home - obviously nobody else's problem, just a disappointing fact of life. Honestly, this is probably the most comprehensive and dedicated STP fan site I've ever seen - WAY better than stonetemplepilots.com in terms of staying on top of stuff.

Finally, just one final clarification, I certainly wouldn't expect all of that rare media to be just up for grabs to any old person. I was thinking more of just some of the tracks from last night's tour opener - just because it was the first full-length live smorgasbord of STP in such a long time, and we've all been waiting so long. But I understand - things don't just happen instantaneously in real-time because people want them to.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing/seeing any media of kick-ass STP that I can, no matter who can access it.
It\'s more or less the same old story
The princess and the whore the lady!

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2008, 09:02:29 PM »
I understand both sides of the argument. However , I have been a huge STP fan since core came out and I heard them for the very first time which I still remember very well like it was yesterday. I have been on this board since 1999ish close to a decade. I was using a different name one very similiar to mine now. However around 03 when the breakup happened I stop visiting the boards when my computer died and awhile later I got a new one but could not remember for the life of me my old username and password. After trying about 25 diff combinations I just game up and signed up under this new name. I find it pretty silly that I now have to create this new name and make 50 piontless posts in order to download the shows that I feel as a HUGE fan and somebody that has supported the band since the very beggining, I definitely deserve. I hope and feel bad for anybody else out there that has used this board for close to 10 years that has wound up in my current predicament.

Loungefly89

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2008, 09:02:41 PM »
man it looked like such an awesome night! did stp ever have that video screen thing behind em on previous tours? i think its great reminds me a lot of tool gigs but i've never seen it on any vids of stp shows

i do remember vr having something similar when they played in london a few years back but only for big machine

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2008, 09:02:56 PM »
Quote from: "STPHEAD"
Wowww sour girl jam/solo is ridiculously good.

i TOTALLY agree. wow, that was good.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

mattbel

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2008, 09:03:31 PM »
I downloaded the show from Dime I have it. If someone can help me by trying to post it. I can do it, or send it to someone. The recording is actually really good from the person being 35ft away from the stage.

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2008, 09:04:23 PM »
http://ronnysweet.com/localh/uploaded%2 ... e2cd.mp3f/

mp3s are going up in this directory -
Now the few of you who cannot download the torrent can listen to these. Please do not burn the mp3s to CD (except for personal use) or trade the mp3s. The sound quality really does not compare to the FLAC files over on Dime.

I will be working on getting my Filter recording up this afternoon, as well. Not sure how many of you like those guys.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 09:56:58 PM by live2cd »
-Dewey

mattbel

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »
I thought Filter put on an awesome set. They were really good. Robert and Dean were on the side of the stage. Thats how I got to meet them.

FelixKönich

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »
oh man thats sooooooooo great i love them

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »
Coma sounds better in this live version than the original Shangri LA DEE DA version.  I like how the chorus is changed so Scott can actually do it live.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

stpfan77

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »
Quote from: "live2cd"
http://ronnysweet.com/localh/uploaded%2 ... e2cd.mp3f/

mp3s are going up in this thread, keep in mind the dates are wrong - I will fix them once the upload completes.
But atleast the few of you who cannot download the torrent can listen to these. Please do not burn the mp3s to CD (except for personal use) or trade the mp3s. The sound quality really does not compare to the FLAC files over on Dime.

I will be working on getting my Filter recording up this afternoon, as well. Not sure how many of you like those guys.

Thank you very much man for the mp3 files. Enjoying to the max!
It\'s more or less the same old story
The princess and the whore the lady!