September 29, 2024, 02:24:33 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots Reunion 2008 Rumour Topic  (Read 36854 times)

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots Reunion 2008 Rumour Topic
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »
Quote from: "Somba Nova"
agreed. although, since Ive never seen STP live before, I have egefest on high priority. and i dont think scott will mess things up. i know he has before, but hes ben clean for awhile, and ill cut him some slack if he did have a brief relapse. with drug addicts, its pretty likely that will happen at least a few times.
Haha, its been more than a few with Scott...

Orbital199

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »
Fingers crossed for a Florida show. But I'm not against boarding a plane to go see them if they don't make it this way.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2008, 12:58:39 AM »
Quote from: "SilvergunSuperman"
Haha, its been more than a few with Scott...

Haha, true enough.
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

Danger Stepp

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2008, 10:24:42 PM »
Will anyone else be at the Grand Prairie, TX show on 6/29?  See you there!

Tol

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »
hope they'll come to Europe. They're fucking great. WE WANT A NEW ALBUM GUYS
take a load off

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
just stop playing Big Bang Baby live
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2008, 04:21:40 PM »
I love the song, but judging from the bootlegs Scott sounds like absolute crap on them. I just saw a vid from one of the Connecticut shows, and man does he sound awesome on Silvergun Superman... My point is it's not a problem with anything else. Overall I think Scott's voice sounds ok, I just think Big Bang Baby should be removed from the setlist. That song is being butchered every night. The rest sounds passable to very solid. Any agree/disagree?

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: just stop playing Big Bang Baby live
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2008, 04:22:36 PM »
yeah i think this too....
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »
I agree that it doesn't sound as good but they shouldn't drop the song - I mean I don't think it's down to the fact he cannot sing it the original way (apart from the pre-chorus part that rob sings because scott is out of breath.)  Scott sang it much more to the original at the houdini concert - so I reckon it's just this sort of "bowie" thing that he is digging at the moment.  But if they did drop it then they should play pops love suicide or tumble in the rough.  These songs are superb and very underated in my opinion.

Oh and what's this obsession with silvergun superman that i'm feeling amongst this forum - a good song yes, but certainly not one of their top 20 - but it seems that everyone absolutely loves it.  I prefer Pops Love Suicide - but I suppose it's opinions really.  The problem is Silvergun is a far easier song to sing than pops love suicide.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »
I strongly disagree.  I thought BBB was amazing.

When performing this live, I think Weiland almost sounds like he's doing an impression of himself.  I love the really whiney vocals.  Love it.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2008, 04:48:05 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"

When performing this live, I think Weiland almost sounds like he's doing an impression of himself.  I love the really whiney vocals.  Love it.

Wow, I'm shocked to read that opinion. I really am. I guess we agree to disagree :)

I really think Scott sounds TERRIBLE on the bootlegs.

pilothead

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2008, 04:50:41 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"

I agree with STPgurl.....BBB should continue to be played live.... I believe their songs sound  awesome live and really take on a life of their own...live songs shouldn't sound exactly like the CD...
t~RoY

\"If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend\" - Scott Weiland

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »
Quote from: "pilothead"
live songs shouldn't sound exactly like the CD...

I never said they should. I'm only suggesting that Scott's vocals live for this one particular song sound offkey and very nasal. He sounds very whiney as well, which is like every singer in rock these days -- aka boring and overplayed. Personally, the thing I love about Scott is his range and his ability to hold very high/low notes... and he's not holding anything in that performance. I have no problem with different, I have a problem with something that I think sounds like crap. My opinion is that Scott's voice almost sounds like he's mocking himself.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2008, 05:00:07 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I never said they should. I'm only suggesting that Scott's vocals live for this one particular song sound offkey and very nasal. He sounds very whiney as well, which is like every singer in rock these days

...that's what I like!  Especially considering what the song's about, in the first place.

They said before the tour even began that there would be changes.  I guess after 12 years of doing the song one way, it was time to make a switch.  I think it meshes really well. 

Different strokes for different folks.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »
Even during the Tiny Music tour, he sang it in a 'deeper' voice.  I like it, and I say keep it in the set :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2008, 05:41:39 PM »
In some of the clips I have heard it sounds like Scott has brought some VR singing style into STP.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.