October 02, 2024, 11:14:05 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots Reunion 2008 Rumour Topic  (Read 36928 times)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: just stop playing Big Bang Baby live
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2008, 04:50:39 PM »
I agree with those who think the new way he sings BBB isn't that great. I also think he is trying to sound the way because there are hints of his old vocals in the chorus sections on some boots, but it's random. In my opinion, the PNC show version of BBB was easily the worst vocal performance for Weiland, EVER.

As for dropping it off the set list? That's tough because this tour is clearly all about the "hits." Let's put it this way... I would rather him keep singing BBB like that than royally fuck up a live version of Adhesive.
adhesive love

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2008, 06:02:31 PM »
I didnt think BBB was as bad as everyone made it out to be. When I heard them start the song i was like "oh here we go"..but it wasnt so bad it kind mixed things up... I wish they would have played something like "Adhesive" :D Or "Atlanta".... That would have been memorable.
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2008, 06:50:27 PM »
i think that we dont see adhesive never :(
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2008, 10:34:57 PM »
Let's put it this way....BBB is one of my top 4-5 favorite STP songs. I will take Weiland singing it with STP anyway he wants over Rich Patrick singing it with AoA.....

...BTW, Patrick actually did the song justice.

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Coma on this tour
« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on how Scott is singing the 'Don't Stay' part of Coma for this tour.  I for one like it better than the version on SLDD.  I thought it was very difficult for him to hit that note with enough 'power' to sound like the recorded version when they played it back in 2002ish.  What does every else think? 

rymo84

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Coma on this tour
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2008, 04:38:07 PM »
I like this new version better. I think it makes it a better song. I wish they had recorded it like that after hearing it now. Just my preference.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2008, 04:42:21 PM »
I wish he could hit that note. I know it's really high, but it really adds a kick you in the face element to the song IMO. I definitely like the studio recording better. That said, I agree, Scott just can't hit that pitch and make it sound good live. He struggled with it at the Rolling Rock show (at that tour) and that was back when he was in MUCH better singing shape. Given all that, I think it's the better route to sing that part the way he's singing it. All in all it still sounds pretty cool.

Off topic, I hate the way he's doing Big Bang Baby on this tour. I think they should scratch that one altogether if he can't sing it the way he did on the album.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I wish he could hit that note. I know it's really high.... He struggled with it at the Rolling Rock show (at that tour) and that was back when he was in MUCH better singing shape....

Completely agreed.  I think this version is much better live, since it takes away the problem of not hitting the proper note.

Off topic, I hate the way he's doing Big Bang Baby on this tour. I think they should scratch that one altogether if he can't sing it the way he did on the album.

Oh, come on now.  What don't you like?  The way it's all nasal-y?  The whining?  I love it - I think it fits the song quite well.

As much as I love when a band sounds the same live as they do on an album, I much prefer when they switch things around.  Especially when they do it well.  If you want it to sound like the record, you should just pop in the CD, IMO.  The little changes and personal touches to the songs during a live show are what make it so special.  But you're not alone.  I know a lot of people have been bitching about BBB on this tour. 
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2008, 10:13:39 PM »
Agreed! I know that he may sing it in a lower note but what the other person was saying that....that's what makes a live show fun and unpredictable...he can sing a song anyways he wants to. He's not obligated to sing every song like the album ya know...

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »

I agree. He sounds terrible singing that song live. He'd have a much easier time singing Hollywood Bitch instead.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2008, 12:26:17 AM »
I did not like how he sings the 'don't stay' line currently. However while viewing the Rolling Rock footage, he had trouble hitting the high note as well. It is what it is.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2008, 01:45:35 AM »
100% better live, now, than on the album and on previous tours.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
Improvisation During "Sour Girl" on 2008 Reunion Tour
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2008, 03:31:34 AM »
Does anyone know exactly what Scott is saying during the instrumental bridge of "Sour Girl" during the 2008 Reunion Tour?

It's a nice little improv... I've seen them 3 times over the last 2 months and it gets better each time.

It would be interesting to figure out exactly what he's saying... I have many recordings from the tour but cannot not decipher what it is that he's saying....

Regards,

Andrew Hayes

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2008, 05:02:50 AM »
Quote from: "nat"
100% better live, now, than on the album and on previous tours.

Oh hell no. It's definitely NOT better then the album version.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2008, 05:10:08 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Oh hell no. It's definitely NOT better then the album version.

Yeah, as much as I love hearing it live..nothing beats the album version.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.