October 04, 2024, 06:34:43 AM

Author Topic: dean deleo,how good is he  (Read 16628 times)

veeno

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: dean deleo,how good is he
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 10:09:24 PM »
I think Dean is quite a good guitar player.  Not only does he play solid rhythm but he has the ability to play very nice leads/solos.  And on top of his actual 'playing' he's a talented music writer as well. 

Promising_Boy

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 04:30:34 PM »
Dean is one of the most complete and inspirative guitar players in rock music !!!

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 01:24:22 AM »
Not many guitar players can fill a room with four fingers.  His chord structures, custom tunings, and harmonic novelty make him a phenomenon in the guitar world.  More of a stand-alone character who works well, musically, with others.  Someone like Joe Walsh, Jeff Beck, Frampton, Page, the classic Gibson crew.

gnrdestructx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 08:38:06 PM »
hes writing skills are amazing..i can't wait to hear new stuff from STP because always have faith in that guy!

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 05:03:22 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head with those comments Aaron. They're not really comparable to eachother. And I don't know how many of you have scoped out Slash's other stuff but he plays a lot of different styles.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Slash is at his core a blues musician who has heavily modeled his style after Joe Perry. 

Makes perfect sense considering the Aerosmith album Rocks changed his life and made him want to become a musician.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 09:56:19 PM »
He is really fuckin awesome just not flasshy like a Slash is therefore doesnt get enough credit for his musical contributions.

justbill

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 07:36:27 AM »
I think Dean is probably one of the best rock guitarist in this era of music. Hands down. . . his style is like no other I've heard recently. One pure Genius.
-Bill_

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 01:14:16 AM »
His sound on stage blows me away every time.  He's got his controls calibrated so perfectly.  His solos shook the stands at Rock on the Range this past weekend.  He's dead on.  And he lock in with his brother and Kretz so well.  God bless the Deleos

xguitarplayerxx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 01:59:36 AM »
i think hes one of the best rock guitar players. i prefer him over slash.

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 09:05:23 PM »
dean is definately better than slash. he has more range and variety. slash is a one style man.
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

vchizzle

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 01:38:14 AM »
Dean is an incredible and complete guitarist. To me he ranks up there with Page as a songwriter but with a more modern and heavier edge. That may be a bold statement, but the way he writes, composes and layers things and shows other styles is what separates him from other guitarists of my generation...similar to what Page did with Zep. Page wasn't a phenomenal technically proficient guitarist(in terms of the current players out there, but he had a compositional skill that many others didn't tap into at that time. Dean is a very fluid player, not flashy in terms of "look what I can do", but he's so capable of so many things in terms of writing. Alot gets put on the table when you redo songs acoustic and the STP/AoA music shines brilliantly there too.

Don't discount the teamwork of Robert in the writing and composition though. What they do together is quite amazing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:40:02 AM by vchizzle »

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 02:51:54 AM »
dude you make very good points. very good points
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 08:26:43 PM »
Quote from: "vchizzle"
Dean is an incredible and complete guitarist. To me he ranks up there with Page as a songwriter but with a more modern and heavier edge. That may be a bold statement, but the way he writes, composes and layers things and shows other styles is what separates him from other guitarists of my generation...similar to what Page did with Zep. Page wasn't a phenomenal technically proficient guitarist(in terms of the current players out there, but he had a compositional skill that many others didn't tap into at that time. Dean is a very fluid player, not flashy in terms of "look what I can do", but he's so capable of so many things in terms of writing. Alot gets put on the table when you redo songs acoustic and the STP/AoA music shines brilliantly there too.

Don't discount the teamwork of Robert in the writing and composition though. What they do together is quite amazing.

Perfectly put, bravo!

vchizzle

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 11:32:53 PM »
Thanks. Well, its the best comparison I could think of. I really don't get into the "This guy is better than that guy" thing because its just not fair comparisons most of the time. But I think my previous statement is a pretty accurate one in terms of trying to compare Dean with one of the greats. Still they're not the same, neither better than the other necessarily, just seemingly similar in how they create.

One thing ya gotta remember with music, guitars, amps, women, etc.....One persons best is the next persons worst. Its all a matter of taste- in what you like to hear, see, touch and screw :)-