October 04, 2024, 02:32:04 AM

Author Topic: What do you hate most about VR?  (Read 17422 times)

coma09

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: What do you hate most about VR?
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2008, 10:37:15 AM »
Quote from: "Tol"
slash is so cliche. he looks ridiculous. we're not in the 80s, he must do sth with his wardrobe.

i hate comments like that, Slash's appearance is iconic.

i also hate how they played the same setlist every night, and didnt substitute VR songs for STP and GNR songs

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2008, 12:27:53 PM »
Quote from: "wild_eyes"
The thing I hate about VR is that now...because of the breakup...it's turned into this crazy GNR fan against STP fan battle. It's pathetic...I love both bands and I'm constantly fighting with people over this that and the other thing. I love Scott, Slash, and Duff. Duff has been my hero for years. I think VR was a great band with two of my favourite bands put together...and now it's just turned into a big fighting mess. It sucks.

Word.

Some major GnR fan in one of my classes tends to remind me daily that he hates Scott Weiland because "he quit Velvet Revolver" thus ruining the band. This then turns into an argument that eventually leads to STP vs. GnR that I just don't want to get into. You can't even compare the two, they're different kinds of rock. It's fucking ridiculous.

oldman

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2008, 08:10:40 PM »
It's almost hard to believe this thread even exists. Look at that title - talk about baiting people into hating people! I wonder if the internet existed in the 70's we would've had forums decrying the solo careers of the individual Beatles (and no, I'm not comparing any of these bands to that band either). Sure, while a few critics blasted certain members (not naming names here) for putting out an "inferior product" to the legendary band they were once a part of I never saw how they could even be compared. Face the facts folks, VR arose from the ashes of G'n'R (I have a problem even considering the band as it existed post-Illusion especially since they produced ZERO studio work to be G'n'R but that's a whole other argument). The members of VR were smart enough to ask Scott to join them and it gave (some of) us fans a chance to see him in action on the large stage while the great STP took a nap. Glad to see STP wide awake again and maybe, just maybe, we'll get some action from G'n'R as well one day. Personally I'm a fan of all 3 bands and many others but to compare really isn't fair as they are (all) DIFFERENT bands altogether.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2008, 02:39:29 AM »
Damn..I can't believe all this hate for Slash. I'm not a fan of his music or anything like that but he is one of the most down to earth rockstars you can ever meet.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2008, 04:00:47 AM »
Quote from: "oldman"
It's almost hard to believe this thread even exists. Look at that title - talk about baiting people into hating people! I wonder if the internet existed in the 70's we would've had forums decrying the solo careers of the individual Beatles (and no, I'm not comparing any of these bands to that band either). Sure, while a few critics blasted certain members (not naming names here) for putting out an "inferior product" to the legendary band they were once a part of I never saw how they could even be compared. Face the facts folks, VR arose from the ashes of G'n'R (I have a problem even considering the band as it existed post-Illusion especially since they produced ZERO studio work to be G'n'R but that's a whole other argument). The members of VR were smart enough to ask Scott to join them and it gave (some of) us fans a chance to see him in action on the large stage while the great STP took a nap. Glad to see STP wide awake again and maybe, just maybe, we'll get some action from G'n'R as well one day. Personally I'm a fan of all 3 bands and many others but to compare really isn't fair as they are (all) DIFFERENT bands altogether.
I think a lot of things were said about VR and the GNR members in the heat of the moment, by myself included, at the height of this thing a month or two back.  Most of the stuff I said was out of anger because people were bashing Scott and I don't take kindly to that, it was defensive.  I'm fine with Slash and Duff now, I still think Matt is a douche bag though and I doubt that'll ever change. 

I've hated Sorum since last summer when he made his infamous STP quote.  I think the reason a lot of us were rooting for VR to break up since last summer is because it had to happen for STP to come back and it was the first time there was a realistic chance of a reunion (with AoA's breakup).

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

coma09

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2008, 10:47:42 AM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
Damn..I can't believe all this hate for Slash. I'm not a fan of his music or anything like that but he is one of the most down to earth rockstars you can ever meet.

couldnt agree more, after readin his book especially.

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2008, 10:59:06 AM »
What do you hate most about VR?

The fact they're a third-rate modern rock-metal band with bad songs and people think they're a decent band.

Don't know why, those things make me dislike them.

~Jeremy~

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2008, 01:19:37 PM »
Quote from: "Jeremy"
The fact they're a third-rate modern rock-metal band with bad songs and people think they're a decent band.

that's not a fact, that's just YOUR opinion. The real fact is, many people liked and prolly will still like VR if their new singer is someone cool. But who's cooler than Scott? hmmm....

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2008, 03:16:55 PM »

So very true.  Very humble guy.

gizallinyabiz

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2008, 11:34:47 PM »
Quote from: "Lolzeyes"
that's not a fact, that's just YOUR opinion. The real fact is, many people liked and prolly will still like VR if their new singer is someone cool. But who's cooler than Scott? hmmm....

Still thinkin about that arent you..........

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »
I was a major fan of STP and a minor fan of GNR. I enjoyed VR -- I thought that band put out some of the best rock of the past few years. The music landscape has sucked recently. I'm glad that Scott is back with STP but I also hope the other VR guys find a non-Axl singer to work and succeed with. 

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »

Quote from: "coma09"
couldnt agree more, after readin his book especially.

Quote from: "Aaron"
So very true.  Very humble guy.

Very well said all round. And I do sympathise with him to an extent - getting landed with Axl then Scott would test anyone's patience to the limit and beyond!

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2008, 09:44:50 PM »
I loved VR, but I didn't like the fact that they never seemed like a tight nited group. You never was them taking a bow after shows and it seemed like there was a lot of sniping during interviews for magazines, esspicially right before Libertad was released. It just seemed like the band was made to pass time and put out a few tunes that where good, but I never had the impression anyone was in it (with the original line up) for the long haul.

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2008, 04:20:57 PM »

I agree. I love Slash.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »
The fact that everyone on here loved them until Scott left and now all you see is VR bashing.
Give it a fucking rest, even if you don't like them post-Weiland, you still bought their records and you still bobbed your head to them all the way until last spring. Get over it folks, the first two VR records are still the same great band you were creaming yourselves over a year ago.

Fair wether fans have no place in music, folks.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.