July 07, 2024, 02:29:57 PM

Author Topic: SEBASTIAN BACH: VELVET REVOLVER Can't Do 'Welcome To The Jungle' Because WEILAND  (Read 7763 times)

bi_polar_bear8

• Arrival
    • View Profile
SEBASTIAN BACH: VELVET REVOLVER Can't Do 'Welcome To The Jungle' Because WEILAND Can't Sing It - Nov. 30, 2006 

Ross Raihala of TwinCities.com recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach. A few excerpts from the chat follows:

On what it's like to be back playing arenas:

"It was the most amazing thing for Axl to ask my band to join the tour. It's something I've waited for for a long time. I get offers to do those package tours, the nostalgia-oriented ones, but I always say no. But GUNS N' ROSES, that one I'll do. I'm very, very lucky. There's a lot of firsts on this tour for me. We got to play a sold-out Madison Square Garden. There have been a lot of places I've never played before, and for an old guy like me, it's great."

On what Axl's like behind the scenes:

"He likes to laugh. He likes to joke around, like, a lot. And he's got the most unique voice I've ever heard. His speaking voice is this low baritone, Clint Eastwood kind of a voice. And then when he laughs, it's like a boy soprano's highest note that comes out. You know, he's singing better than ever now, and that's a fact. That's one thing about Axl people forget. He is one of the best rock 'n' roll singers that ever lived."

On the sometimes long wait from his solo set to "My Michelle":

"Well, I've been on the road since June. And, you know, that whole 'My Michelle' thing is great. I sing my own stuff, then wait two or three hours and jump up there and scream even harder. I've been doing that every day. It's good work if you can get it. The one thing I've learned about myself — and I learned this when I did 'Jesus Christ Superstar' — is that my voice is probably the strongest part about me. It's the rest of me that gets tired. My legs and my eyeballs and my arms and my brain. But my pipes are fine."

On his appearance on "SuperGroup":

"My favorite part of it was when I tell the powers that be to f— off. I just love that. And when they brought that stylist in, I'm, like, 'No, I'm not cutting my hair.' They tell me she cut Jennifer Lopez's hair. Dude, Sebastian Bach has cooler hair than Jennifer Lopez. I look at music as a form of self-expression. I don't need a stylist. Why doesn't she have her own band if she's such an expert? Whatever. My father was a famous painter, and as a little boy, I watched him wake up every day, get his paintbrush and paint all day. He did that 'til the day he died. My microphone is my paintbrush. That's what I do."

On getting the call to star in "Jekyll and Hyde" on Broadway:

"I was, like, 'Do you have the right phone number? Why are you calling me?' They sent the script, and I was on the road with my solo band playing some f——— dump. I was looking around at this club and thinking, hmmm, Broadway or this place? Honestly, though, I didn't think I could do it. The script is so thick, it's like 300 pages or some s—. It's all in old English, and there were these words I'd never heard before in my life. There's 17 songs, and I'm in every scene. But I had a lot of encouragement from people. And I loved doing it. It really was the highlight of my life."

On those who say the 2006 version of GUNS N' ROSES isn't the real thing:

"You know, you've got Slash and Duff doing STONE TEMPLE PILOTS songs with Weiland (in VELVET REVOLVER). They can't do 'Welcome to the Jungle' because he can't sing it. Let's be honest. Then, you've got Axl doing 'Sweet Child o' Mine' and 'Rocket Queen' with some other dudes. I'd rather see Axl singing GUNS N' ROSES songs than Slash doing STONE TEMPLE PILOTS songs. Nobody can sing 'Paradise City' like Axl Rose."

Hey i havent seen this psted on this forum anywhere just thought some might find it interesting...or in my opinion a whiny washed up lead singer who wishes he was the frontman of VR!!!

P.S. Havent quoted before srry if this is done wrong

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Fuck SB.

bunbury_hmr

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I comepletely agree with Sebastian Bach.

(Axl if you are reading this, is this enough ass kissing so you can have me on Tour?).

What a fucking Loser!
Suddenly you try to join V.R. and the next thing you know you are trying to insult them because you are just not qualified to be in a good band.
Ass kissing points have never been awarded so much than this guy. (Often, people say that sound engineer people can only see Bach's legs dangle in the air while Axl walks as if he had a rash).

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Alright, here's my opinion, you're not gonna like it. Ready?

I saw Guns N' Roses at continental. Yea Sebastian Bach and his band sucked, everyone was booing them the whole time. But the new Guns N Roses really was spectacular. I mean they really rocked the house down. Axl's singing is great, its like he never lost a beat. They do put on a better show than VR. Sebastian's out of line for saying that, just like he always is. No one likes that asshole.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 07:19:43 PM by Nathantok7 »
The lunatic, is on the grass.

bi_polar_bear8

• Arrival
    • View Profile
i dont doubt that Axl puts on a god show but it's not right that he is calling that band Guns N' Roses and I have been the biggest Guns N' Roses fan since i was young but quite frankly this lineup and calling it GN'R is disgusting. I believe that Scott is a better frontman than Axl Rose in these recent times and actually when i learned about VR forming i wanted to really get into STP and there now one my favorite bands and I like Scott a hell of a lot more than Axl...Scott seems to actually appreciate his fans...plus VR nailed the GN'R tunes they played...i dont get what SB is trying to say that VR is trying to be STP there not trying to be GNR or STP there trying to be VR which is why ya dont hear them play Welcome to the Jungle, or Rocket Queen or Paradise City....hey Sebastian all i have to say is SAVAGE ANIMAL!!!! hahahahaha shows ya how much Sebastian knows

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
i don't care.

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
you know sebastian bach likes to hear welcome to the jungle and the others cause hes living in the past. He probably hates Stp for thriving off the grunge music that killed the 80's metal. Then he lost out to Scott for lead singer in Velvet Revolver. Maybe he should start to get the hint that he sucks.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Quote from: "crackerdude"
you know sebastian bach likes to hear welcome to the jungle and the others cause hes living in the past. He probably hates Stp for thriving off the grunge music that killed the 80's metal. Then he lost out to Scott for lead singer in Velvet Revolver. Maybe he should start to get the hint that he sucks.
He really does suck

Anonymous

this post will cover various things ive read in this topic.

1. sebastian bach is a fucking tool.

2. the fake new guns n roses better at LEAST be incredible when they play for going out and touring and playing as a band that they arnt.

i just really dont like Sebastian bach. hes definetly kissing axl rose's ass, and even though he used to be able to sing amazingly, he sucks now. hes an over the hill loser who will not accept the fact that its FUCKING OVER. skid row was not even that great. you can blame the decline of 80s metal on grunge, but thats only half of it. the other half is that at the time of grunge, 80s metal was fucking awful and insipid. early motley crue and sunset strip bands were pretty good, and guns n roses were great, but it was awful at the end of the 80s. and yes, i think bach is pissed that he isnt playing in velvet revolver.

i also heard mike patton was asked to join the band but declined. i think it would be interesting to hear what it would sound like with patton singing --- but the songs would all be different and the band would have a different name. its an interesting thought though.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Papa Roach was actually a little bit better than SB's new band. Papa Roach is god awful. (They also were opening for GnR that night)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 08:09:07 AM by Nathantok7 »

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Sebastian Bach is a little cry-baby obsessed with his hair and getting his own way.  He acts worse than a fucking girl.  And I AM a girl.  (No?!)

I can't stand him.  The Boyfriend was basically obsessed with that stupid VH1 show that he was on, which I was forced to watch.  Yuck.  I hope he gets hit by a truck.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Sebastian Bach is a little cry-baby obsessed with his hair and getting his own way.  He acts worse than a fucking girl.  And I AM a girl.  (No?!)

I can't stand him.  The Boyfriend was basically obsessed with that stupid VH1 show that he was on, which I was forced to watch.  Yuck.  I hope he gets hit by a truck.
I like his hair.

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
Re: SEBASTIAN BACH: VELVET REVOLVER Can't Do 'Welcome To The Jun
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 08:57:49 PM »
So? Could Axl sing Sex Type Thing like Scott can? No. Can Sebastian Bach sing at all?  No.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 01:33:19 AM »
Bach loves kissing Axl ass...that's the point!  :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

overmatik

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »
Both Axl and Scott are great singers, but in different styles.

Despite Sebastian being a butt kissing his last album is great!
"Heroes, they come and go, legends are forever" - David Lee Roth