September 29, 2024, 11:31:12 PM

Author Topic: Going to AoA on 12/18!!  (Read 8211 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Going to AoA on 12/18!!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 06:28:14 PM »
First of all, I lied.  I went to the show LAST night, which would be 12/19.  Sorry.

OK.  So, I was really disappointed when I downloaded the Toledo show and wasn't really expecting much last night.  Boy was I wrong!
I guess if Scott can't be involved, Richard is a decent choice.  But, I'm extremely against the STP covers.  BBB sounded like ass and Richy fucked up the lyrics.  Vasoline wasn't much better, but at least he got the words right.  POP sounded the best out of the three, probably because it's the hardest.  If I closed my eyes and didn't pay attention to the singing, it almost sounded like my beloved STP.  On the other hand, the Filter tunes sounded better than if Filter themselves played.  (What band wouldn't sound better with Dean and Rob thrown into the mix?).

My most favorite part of the show, though, was when Robby and Dean took center stage to do an acoustic version of "Used to Know Her."  It nearly brought tears to my eyes seeing the two of them together playing something so beautiful.  I kept it together, though, and now I'm thinking that all the hysterics and tears at every STP show I saw were caused by Scott and my inability to control myself physically or emptionally around him.  =P

Wait.  I take back that whole "favorite part of the show" thing.  Because I have another favorite part, and I don't know anyone else - besides you guys (with the exception of Sean who's going to say I'm an ass.  Love ya, though!) who could appreciate this.  Because it's THAT mind-blowing.  Robert REMEMBERED me.  I stood on the right side of the stage (Rob's side), like always.  And, like always, he got down on his knees and put his bass on the floor, doing the whole "rock-god" thing.  Which was awesome enough.  But then he POINTED at me and mouthed "I remember you."  Clearly, I'm out of my damn mind and could have quite easily imagined the entire thing.  But, my boyfriend (Anthony Anthony) was with me and right after it happened I turned around and he goes "Oh, my, God...".  So it WAS real.  But that's not all.  It happened again.  And then again.  But the third time, he handed me a sweet-ass AOA guitar pick, which I immediately shoved in my pocket and kept checking to make sure was there the rest of the show.  So THAT was my favorite part.  *swoon*

No backstage, no meet-and-greet, but this was just as good.  Oh - AND we caught a drum stick!

All of this while I have a 100 degree fever.  Ain't no sinus infection going to keep me from my boys!!

Alright - it's out of my system.  I won't talk about it for the next four years like I did last time.  Promise.  I just needed to tell SOMEONE.  =)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 06:31:42 PM »
YAY ROB REMEMBERS YOU!!!!!!  I swear he is a walking database of every fan he has ever met.... SERIOUSLY. 

Girl I am glad you had a kickass time because of him, despite your ill health. There's nothing like a little DeLeo action to make one feel better! ^_^

...any pics?

pumpkinrocker28

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 06:45:31 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
First of all, I lied.  I went to the show LAST night, which would be 12/19.  Sorry.

OK.  So, I was really disappointed when I downloaded the Toledo show and wasn't really expecting much last night.  Boy was I wrong!
I guess if Scott can't be involved, Richard is a decent choice.  But, I'm extremely against the STP covers.  BBB sounded like ass and Richy fucked up the lyrics.  Vasoline wasn't much better, but at least he got the words right.  POP sounded the best out of the three, probably because it's the hardest.  If I closed my eyes and didn't pay attention to the singing, it almost sounded like my beloved STP.  On the other hand, the Filter tunes sounded better than if Filter themselves played.  (What band wouldn't sound better with Dean and Rob thrown into the mix?).

My most favorite part of the show, though, was when Robby and Dean took center stage to do an acoustic version of "Used to Know Her."  It nearly brought tears to my eyes seeing the two of them together playing something so beautiful.  I kept it together, though, and now I'm thinking that all the hysterics and tears at every STP show I saw were caused by Scott and my inability to control myself physically or emptionally around him.  =P

Wait.  I take back that whole "favorite part of the show" thing.  Because I have another favorite part, and I don't know anyone else - besides you guys (with the exception of Sean who's going to say I'm an ass.  Love ya, though!) who could appreciate this.  Because it's THAT mind-blowing.  Robert REMEMBERED me.  I stood on the right side of the stage (Rob's side), like always.  And, like always, he got down on his knees and put his bass on the floor, doing the whole "rock-god" thing.  Which was awesome enough.  But then he POINTED at me and mouthed "I remember you."  Clearly, I'm out of my damn mind and could have quite easily imagined the entire thing.  But, my boyfriend (Anthony Anthony) was with me and right after it happened I turned around and he goes "Oh, my, God...".  So it WAS real.  But that's not all.  It happened again.  And then again.  But the third time, he handed me a sweet-ass AOA guitar pick, which I immediately shoved in my pocket and kept checking to make sure was there the rest of the show.  So THAT was my favorite part.  *swoon*

No backstage, no meet-and-greet, but this was just as good.  Oh - AND we caught a drum stick!

All of this while I have a 100 degree fever.  Ain't no sinus infection going to keep me from my boys!!

Alright - it's out of my system.  I won't talk about it for the next four years like I did last time.  Promise.  I just needed to tell SOMEONE.  =)

so is this the something AMAZING that happened that i got the most random IM ever about?

if so, congrats thats awesome.

i havent been here in forever, wow. was wondering how you people felt about the Army of Anyone. i picked it up the day it came out, and i enjoy it, but i need to give it more spins.
and in the eyes of a jackal i say ka-BOOM.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 07:31:47 PM »
Quote from: "pumpkinrocker28"
so is this the something AMAZING that happened that i got the most random IM ever about?

Yes.  Ha!

bunbury_hmr

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 08:47:24 PM »
Wow, Im very happy to hear that StpGurl. :)
Glad that you enjoyed that Gig, hope you feel much better though.

Hmm, some friends from LA went to see them at Cleveland and they met the band after the Gig. I am guessing its the same show? They left a Post in their Myspace page about the Show.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 02:30:15 PM »
Like I always say, Pensive - "a little DeLeo goes a long way." 
OK, or it could be the antibiotics I'm taking.  Regardless, I DO feel better.

Nope, no pics to speak of.  I was going to snap some with my cell, but the camera on it isn't all that hot to begin with, plus with all the lights and my constant screaming and bouncing, I didn't even try it.  And I didn't even try for backstage.  You'd assume that out of ANYONE I would know where to go and who to talk to.  But, you'd be wrong.  Had the show been at the Nautica, Tower Shitty, the Agora, the Odeon (rip)... I would have been good to go.  But I've never been backstage at the HOB, so I wouldn't even know where to go.

And as a random side note because I feel like bitching about it - I hate not smoking at shows.  This was the first concert I've been to since every ignorant fuck in Cleveland decided to vote that we shouldn't smoke in public places anymore.  As if it's anyone's business.  Anyway, it was a rough one.  Especially with all the DeLeo in my face.

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 04:47:48 PM »
Yes a little DeLeo deffo goes a long way!

And FYI-- just go to the back of the venue. AOA isn't all ego-centric like VR and require backstage anything.  THey just come out by the bus and sign shit for ppl after the gigs.  It's almost like clockwork: Ray or Rich are usually the first ones out, followed by our beloved Bros.  No VIP needed, no worries!  Next time they swing back through OH you can catch them afterwards :)

It's ok that you didn't get pics because Dewey booted the show! woooooooo

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2006, 06:53:51 AM »
Quote from: "pensive"
Yes a little DeLeo deffo goes a long way!

And FYI-- just go to the back of the venue. AOA isn't all ego-centric like VR and require backstage anything.  THey just come out by the bus and sign shit for ppl after the gigs. 

I'm somewhat famous for meeting bands that way (Jerry Cantrell, STP, Weiland solo, Better Than Ezra, etc, etc...) - unfortunately, the HOB isn't the easiest venue in Cleveland to navigate.  Backstage requires entrance from a third floor, says a friend of a friend who was backstage at Alice in Chains.  It's our newest concert venue in town, and I'm not all too familiar with it's layout.  I continually checked for Kristen (Rob's wife) on the wings backstage, because I had full faith that SHE would remember me (though I never expected Rob to).  But rats - she was nowhere to be found and my backstage dreams were crushed.

Was anyone else at this show?  Do you even know where buses park AT the HOB?  Down E4th? 

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 06:59:05 AM »
Yeah that's what I meant, like OUTSIDE behind the venue, near the bus.  AOA hasn't done any "backstage" backstage anything to my knowledge thusfar, because all the venues have been small clubs.  ]

The wifey was @ home with mini DeLeo :)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 07:03:44 PM »
Quote from: "pensive"
Yeah that's what I meant, like OUTSIDE behind the venue, near the bus.  AOA hasn't done any "backstage" backstage anything to my knowledge thusfar, because all the venues have been small clubs.  ]

The wifey was @ home with mini DeLeo :)

I forgot about the bay-bee! 

everylilwhore

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 10:46:02 PM »

Your BF has two first names....and they are the same?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 07:50:46 PM »
No.  One first name.  One last name.  Both the same.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 09:06:46 PM »
No.  One first name.  One last name.  Both the same.
Creepy.