September 25, 2024, 05:18:53 PM

Author Topic: STP on myspace  (Read 15545 times)

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: MySpace Users: Who Else Is Pissed...
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 07:03:57 AM »
I check my Facebook a couple times a day - it's my current internet crack.
I check my Myspace once a week or every couple of weeks. If I didn't have some friends/"friends" that I want to stay updated on (the ones that aren't on Facebook) I'd have deleted that damn thing ages ago.

And I don't get Twitter. It seems like nothing more than Facebook's status updates.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 01:57:01 PM »
Craigslist is like a local ebayclassified ads.  My sister has been looking for an apartment on there for like 6 months.  She said the other day that she got kind of spooked the other day because there was an apartment for like 400 that was the most beautiful place she had ever seen...there would be no reason not to take it immediatly(especially for that price) She emailed the guy and it was gone the next day.  She said she would have went and met this guy anywhere to show her this apartment and he could have done anything!  Killed or raped her or whatever!...scary
He ended up emailing her back asking for her credit score..she emailed back that she just wanted to know where it was located...He admitted that he was just looking to meet people.....
I am not sure what the hell was going on there
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2009, 02:21:25 PM »
All I'd say is I wish I was as sad as Mel  ;D  ;)  :-*

Facebook, no, I was thinking in making one but then I logged in from my mum's (yes! she doesn't use it, we created one with his email just to see what was all this about  :P ) and I found it very similar to myspace... so I already had a myspace that I created I'm not sure why (not giving it so much attention, most of the friends are people from here and bands I don't know  :D)...so I gave up facebook...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »
I go on facebook either daily or every other day.  I think it's been really fun to catch up with old friends.  I've just recently gotten together with my BF from High School.  We "talk" regularly on FB.  I have another friend that grew up down the road from me that I haven't spoken to in 16 yrs that found me on FB.  Turns out we are in the same profession.  I also stay in touch with family that way.  It's been fun for me.  I have a myspace page also but don't find it as easy as FB.

I don't think it's sad to meet friends on these kinds of online sites.  I have met some really cool people here that I would definitely consider friends (& even met in person).  We have common interests in music which is a big deal for me.  A lot of my friends don't have that interest.  

I'm proud to be your friend MEL (weilandfan)!

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2009, 07:45:38 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
I don't think it's sad to meet friends on these kinds of online sites.  I have met some really cool people here that I would definitely consider friends (& even met in person).  We have common interests in music which is a big deal for me.  A lot of my friends don't have that interest.

ME TOO!! I have some friends that go to concerts, but they really are into harder rock, and I did win some VR tix twice & took some of them with me, so that was fun, but I can't see any of my friends going to see VR like 8 times with me, or STP a lot or even SW solo more then once or twice. They would be like "AGAIN?? Did we already see this guy 4 times already??" Where as the friends I met on mysapce are like... rabid fans that are just into the music & experience & have a fun time. Music is a really big part of my world & to have some people who get it & share it, is just priceless to me.

Quote from: "christie1991"
I'm proud to be your friend MEL (weilandfan)!

I am proud to be your friend too... And Cori... And Jessie... & Shangri... etc etc etc, hahahhaa!! :-*

Oh... being on myspace got me invited to Scott's studio (just by pure good fortune on my part)... TWICE!!! So ya... you just think again how sad I am... not very! ;D

I'll just leave you with that.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:27 PM »
I didn't mean to leave out the other BG's.... Cori, Jessie, Shangri, Deniece, Peebs etc etc :-*

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2009, 10:06:30 PM »
I've "met" some really great people online that I've been "friends" with for ten or more years (Sean for sure, and Aaron and Rik are close).  I've been fortunate enough to REALLY meet some of these people in person at various shows (Christie!  Cori!  Scott!) - and it made the experiece all the more better!  Sharing something as awesome as Weiland with a bunch of looney-tunes that love him as much as me?  Can't think of anything better!

I don't think it's at all sad to make/meet "friends"/friends online.  Other than on the Internet, I'd have never even had the opportunity to meet some of these people - and some of them have been VERY sweet and done some very amazing, generous, and selfless things - not just for myself, but for others as well.

The problem is when your ONLY friends are online and you cannot have or participate in face-to-face relationships.  And that's not what Mel was talking about.   :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:24:14 PM by STPGurl »
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2009, 10:11:17 PM »
I love you girls..and some of u guys LOL

We don't have to defend ourselves LOL Fuck the haters! We have a common bond and people that u can talk to..who will always be there..or at least eventually on-line..

Lets go to Vegas!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2009, 01:05:42 AM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
I love you girls..and some of u guys LOL

We don't have to defend ourselves LOL Fuck the haters! We have a common bond and people that u can talk to..who will always be there..or at least eventually on-line..

Lets go to Vegas!

Hahahahaha!!! "Fuck the haters".... Never thought I'd have to use that in a sentance about myself... but this past week has been weird & its called for that a few times!!! Hahahaha!!

If STP does that show here in July , you girls got plenty of time to save & plan. Christmas is over... SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2009, 02:39:45 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
(yes! she doesn't use it, we created one with his email just to see what was all this about  :P )

people when you see I do that please let me know  jaja!! :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Lanegan7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2009, 08:17:49 AM »
I guess I would have classified myself as a myspace addict, but then I started to hate it as I keep seeing my high school friend's profiles and most of them are leading interesting and cool lives, and I'm stuck in a rut with no life.

Now I avoid those sites like it's Chris Cornell's new album.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2009, 10:01:37 AM »
Quote from: "Lanegan7"
Now I avoid those sites like it's Chris Cornell's new album.
BAZINGGGGGG

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

clipt

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/mdx_clipt
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 10:14:06 PM »
ive got fb and myspace accts. just to keep up with friends around the globe. see new pics of thier kids and whatnot.

scotts new posts are annoying, but there will be good news soon i bet.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2009, 11:32:46 PM »
i do think that I have become addicted to facebook since I lost my job...I seriously check BE facebook myspace and a "secret" site like 20 times a day

clipt

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/mdx_clipt
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2009, 01:05:29 AM »
haha a secret site.. twitter? that is the next craze. 140 chars only!!