September 25, 2024, 03:22:00 PM

Author Topic: STP on myspace  (Read 15543 times)

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitestripes.net
Re: MySpace Users: Who Else Is Pissed...
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 11:28:43 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"
Quote from: "KingSnake"
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I jsut really dont "get" FB... I have one, and I find myspace more entertaining... Plus myspace has been very good to me, so I can't see myself giving it up. I've met some of my (now) closest friends on there.

The design is fugly.  Some of those pages, that have a massive amount of dancing GIFs, is not a good thing.  

However, to each their own :)

I remember being on Facebook back in the day when you could only sign up for it with an educational email address. There was like no one on it, and now I have like 200 friends I am connected with; some that I had not spoken to for 7-8 years.

I deleted my Myspace page. I just think their UI is horrible. It drove me crazy.

I have been noticing that almost all of the people who I was connected with on MySpace are now trickling over to FB.

Yea, I wasn't on facebook that long ago.  I have been on about 6 months now but I have noticed a lot of people who used to be on Myspace are now migrating over to facebook.
My web community: WhiteStripes.net (13 years old as of Feb 2015)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 12:01:29 AM »
I hate how they use that fucking STP MySpace to pimp out Scott's solo stuff and Robert's MySpace.  I already have them on my friends list so I get like 3 bulletins of the same thing.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 01:37:21 AM »
I rarely use my myspace anymore either. My friends don't use it much either. I'll still blog every once in awhile though.

I think I use it more to feed my super poke friend then contact people.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 02:29:23 AM »
I jsut really dont "get" FB... I have one, and I find myspace more entertaining... Plus myspace has been very good to me, so I can't see myself giving it up. I've met some of my (now) closest friends on there.

You met some of your closest friends online?  How sad.

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2009, 02:46:04 AM »
Pruno = Prime Time
"Adhesive Love"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2009, 03:03:07 AM »
Quote from: "steven28174"

How is that sad? There are a lot of people who I went to school with and live in my area who I would have never talked to if I hadn't started talking to them via MySpace or Facebook, and I've made quite a few close friends that way.

She may be sad, but you're just pathetic. It's 2009, dude. People realized that not everyone on the internet wants to rape you.

Even though your mommy says you shouldn't, other people are allowed to talk and meet people on the internet.

It's no different than meeting someone walking down the street, except for maybe your introductions to each other will be a little more thought out and give the person a better example of who you are.

It's people like you that suck the fun out of the internet.
Bleeda blooda

everylilwhore

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2009, 03:22:47 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"

How is that sad? There are a lot of people who I went to school with and live in my area who I would have never talked to if I hadn't started talking to them via MySpace or Facebook, and I've made quite a few close friends that way.

She may be sad, but you're just pathetic. It's 2009, dude. People realized that not everyone on the internet wants to rape you.

Even though your mommy says you shouldn't, other people are allowed to talk and meet people on the internet.

It's no different than meeting someone walking down the street, except for maybe your introductions to each other will be a little more thought out and give the person a better example of who you are.

It's people like you that suck the fun out of the internet.

I could not agree more.

I have met a few people who have had a HUGE impact on my life.

That comment is juvenile.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 04:49:00 AM »
That's not sad at all...some of the folks on BESWBGC I would consider friends.  How do you explain all the people who have met their significant others on line?  It's a digital age my friend!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 05:22:47 AM »
People realized that not everyone on the internet wants to rape you.
I want to rape people! ;D

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 05:38:58 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"

That kind of comes without saying, bro.

MySpace and Facebooks are dumb. Go to your local bars, that's a real way to meet friends and "build" relationships.
Back for another one

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 05:54:35 AM »

Well, first of all I guess that could come off sounding a bit sad. But you don't know the truely amazing people Im talking about. People that don't live close to me & I never would have otherwise knew exhisted so thats really what I ment.

I have friends that are in my daily life in PERSOn its not like I have no friends.

In fact all the people that Im refering to are actually VR, STP or SW fans & thruogh myspace I have found them, or saw them at a concert & we found each other somehow om myspace. In fact my very best girlfriend I saw at the VR Yahoo taping & found her on myspace by accident & shes the coolest chick you could ever meet!

And as far as being sad, I dont think that sad. I think Im lucky to have this form of communicating with all sorts of people all over.

And myspace has been verrrrrry good to me where Scott Weiland is concerned... Just by pure luck. And I think a few of my "friends" on here can attest to that. Its ok if you think Im sad... for I consider myself fucking lucky as hell & don't take it for granted!!  And if you truely knew what I was talking about... you'd probably be jealous.

But you go ahead & call me sad if it makes you feel better...

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 06:09:48 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
People realized that not everyone on the internet wants to rape you.

We all know that here, but I'm just saying, not everyone on the internet wants to rape you. You really gotta pick and choose the people off of craigslist you're meeting, otherwise you're gonna end up in a bunch of pieces covered in semen in a landfill.
Bleeda blooda

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 06:16:37 AM »
^^^^^ Eeeeewwwww!!!

But true!!!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 06:21:15 AM »
^^^^^ Eeeeewwwww!!!

But true!!!

I'm gonna be honest and say I've never met anyone off of craigslist, hell, I don't even think I've purchased anything from it, but JESUS CHRIST SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ADVERTISING THEMSELVES THERE.......  :(
Bleeda blooda

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 06:53:42 AM »
Now craigslist I know nothing about. Never been on it, so I can't say if its cool or safe... What is it like a meeting place for people? Like a hook up site?