September 27, 2024, 09:16:44 PM

Author Topic: Whats STP's best album...  (Read 20693 times)

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Whats STP's best album...
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2008, 04:28:06 AM »
SLDD
No.4
Purple
Core
Tiny Music
Thank You... Would have been higher but the tracklisting is so weak...

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2008, 04:35:41 AM »
Tiny Music...
Purple
SLDD
No. 4
Core

Top 3 swap every now and then, but for the most part this is my official list.

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2008, 06:30:01 PM »
im surprized core isnt number one on everyones list. i just think its the best by a good bit. i dont know but i love everyone of them.
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2008, 11:35:58 PM »
mine fluctuate so many times every week i have a new fav..this week it's purple last was SLDD
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

ArmyAnt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2008, 01:23:11 AM »
Hey!!...this is my first post in like, 5 years...and under a new name too...I used to be Kesewa/Erica back in the day. Anyway, as a HUGE stp fan for a long long time, I would have to say my personal favorite is Purple if I had to choose, but in my opinion each album shows a different side of the band and different talents I guess is the best way to put it. it just depends on what kind of mood youre in, or what youre going through at the time, I have found myself favoring/relating to different albums and songs throughout the past 12 years or so now. Wow I am feeling old and Im only 23 :( To me, its just something very special because stp seems to be a constant in my life, no matter what other interests, relationships, jobs, anything I can think of, changes, stp is always something exciting to me no matter how many times I listen to the songs, they are always special and inspiring to me for different reasons, at different times. Thats my two cents.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2008, 01:37:36 AM »
Purple.  Tiny Music's a close runner up, but Purple is just epic.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

illinoispilot219

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2008, 01:52:24 AM »
1. Tiny
2. No. 4
3. Core
4.Purple
5.SLDD

jermthefan

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2008, 03:57:56 AM »
Yeah I think everyone is gonna have a different list based on different criteria. What kinds of shitty times did a certain album get you through? How old, and what kind of music you were into at the time you first heard it? Just some random brain spit.....

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2008, 08:59:53 PM »
yeah i can see the different conditions and what not. i would have to say on a normal day my list is as follows:
core
purple
no.4
sldd
tiny music

they are all completely and totally amazing.

SacriNoire

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2008, 11:57:38 AM »
sldd - is my favorite, it's perfect album! great songs
purple
no.4
core
tiny music
But I love every album one's own way, to each of them certain flashbacks are related. STP songs for me is more than musi?, it is the state.
We grew writh the speed of light
But crashed in the night

So hold on to something still...

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2008, 12:04:35 PM »
Quote from: "Art School Boy"
im surprized core isnt number one on everyones list. i just think its the best by a good bit. i dont know but i love everyone of them.

For me, alot of it has to do with hearing the singles off the album ALL THE TIME. That said, I still enjoy Plush, Creep, and especially Sex Type Thing (being one of my favorite STP tunes of all-time), but the band has evolved so much since then that I've too grown since that album. Core was and is a great hard rock album. But to me, you are not able to entirely grasp STP inside and outside unless you go deeper into their albums and listen to a No. 4 or a SLDD. You grow an entirely different appreciation of the band in that respect.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
For me, alot of it has to do with hearing the singles off the album ALL THE TIME. That said, I still enjoy Plush, Creep, and especially Sex Type Thing (being one of my favorite STP tunes of all-time), but the band has evolved so much since then that I've too grown since that album. Core was and is a great hard rock album. But to me, you are not able to entirely grasp STP inside and outside unless you go deeper into their albums and listen to a No. 4 or a SLDD. You grow an entirely different appreciation of the band in that respect.

Well said, you really hit the nail on the head.

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2008, 03:53:27 PM »
Quote from: "stpnj2008"
Well said, you really hit the nail on the head.

i can see what you are saying and that is why i love no. 4 and sldd. i just almost have a bond with core i dont know. like i said i love them all and i love what each of them represent but core just seems to top my list.

dskpilots

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »
Quote from: "Art School Boy"
i can see what you are saying and that is why i love no. 4 and sldd. i just almost have a bond with core i dont know. like i said i love them all and i love what each of them represent but core just seems to top my list.

I just finished listening to Core and it's fantastic, but getting back to what Loungefly said, I completely agree.  No. 4 & SLDD differ so much in sound, it's neat to see how diverse the guys can get from song to song.

BrainofJD

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2008, 07:05:25 AM »
This is always hard for me to pick what their best album is because it all depends on what mood im in. It is the same way with Pearl Jam for me, neither band has a bad album so it just depends on what im in the mood for. But if i had to pick it would have to be Tiny Music edging out Purple by a hair. Tiny Music is just more fun and they took more risks musically so i think i appreciate it more as an album. But ask me tomorrow and i might say purple or even SLDD