September 30, 2024, 03:33:44 PM

Author Topic: Goodbye thread..  (Read 15668 times)

Anonymous

Re: ARMY OF ANYONE single up!!
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2006, 12:29:42 PM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"

"This song is a better first single than Days of the Week was from Shangri-la Dee Da.  It's also probably more radio friendly than Hello, Hello."

Two Words to all those who think its crap. "Talk Show". As long as its not at that level I'm smiling. I think the chorus is great !. As for the lyrics....well we aint looking at a Scott or Ed Vedder in Patrick. But they rhyme and seem to do the job. The drumming is very flash but I can't help but look at it as being as bit Hair Rock like.
Either way I think that it KICKS ASS over VR. Slash blows !. Now I Just have to wait for an Aussie tour.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2006, 12:32:21 PM »
Two Words to all those who think its crap. "Talk Show". As long as its not at that level I'm smiling. I think the chorus is great !. As for the lyrics....well we aint looking at a Scott or Ed Vedder in Patrick. But they rhyme and seem to do the job. The drumming is very flash but I can't help but look at it as being as bit Hair Rock like.
Either way I think that it KICKS ASS over VR. Slash blows !. Now I Just have to wait for an Aussie tour.

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 02:47:38 PM »
Quote from: "acer"

I really prefer Talk Show so far.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 07:52:57 PM »
Quote from: "Garrett"
I really prefer Talk Show so far.
Sadly, so do I.
Talk Show blew and this Army of Anyone crap is far worse.

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2006, 08:29:19 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
Sadly, so do I.
Talk Show blew and this Army of Anyone crap is far worse.

I've always really liked the Talk Show album. 

I don't know...  maybe once i hear the rest of the army of anyone cd, i'll like it.  but the single just sounds like a recycled SLDD riff.  very bland.  And don't get me started on those vocals.

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2006, 09:01:40 PM »
the lyrics are a bit generic, but the music is great in my book and i love Richard's vocals on the chorus ... the song  gets better in the 2nd half.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 04:43:10 PM »
This track is definately worse than Talk Show. The lyrics are simple and shallow, and the vocals are some of Patrick's worst. However, this is only the first single and the music is decent...

everylilwhore

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2006, 11:11:42 PM »
Quote from: "SilvergunSuperman"
This track is definately worse than Talk Show. The lyrics are simple and shallow, and the vocals are some of Patrick's worst. However, this is only the first single and the music is decent...

The music sounds exactly like everything else the Deleo Bros wrote for the last few years of STP.

It's a joke to me until I hear otherwise; unless I can remove the vocals from the CD I will not be buying or listening to it.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
Goodbye Music Video
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2006, 09:28:49 AM »
Army Of Anyone will be shooting their debut music video in downtown Los Angeles next Tuesday, August 22nd. Stay tuned to the band's official site and myspace for details. Of course they'll be posted here as soon as more info is available:

http://www.myspace.com/armyofanyone

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2006, 03:55:45 PM »
The more i listen to it the less i like it. It is a decent song. Then the chorus hits with those classic Richard Patrick vocals that can make ears bleed. Plus the shitty lyrics dont help. Anyone could have written those lyrics. I guess thats why they are the Army of Anyone.

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2006, 06:48:50 PM »
^ i agree, to a degree

the band name is kinda dumb and he could have written deeper lyrics ... BUT, i still really like the song.  honestly, i like it far better than anything Velvet Revolver has put out since their first single ... if you wanna talk about stupid lyrics, remember these?

Jimmy was a regulator
He could regulate a regulator
Jimmy was a master trainer
He could masturbate a fitness trainer

lol, i guess it's simply a matter of taste.  when VR came out, i was really impressed with 'Slither'.  everything was great ... until i bought the album ... it's been downhill ever since. the only reason i collect their shows, is to trade them for stuff that i really want. so personally, im pretty sick of looking at the big hairball masturbate his guitar every night, it's great to have the DeLeos back again.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2006, 07:03:52 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
I tried listening to the song again today. I got less than half way through.
Damn this thing is painful to listen to.

I was going to call it Talk Show 2, but that would be an insult to Talk Show (which also sucked ass).

Haha! Talk Show 2! NICE!

Yeah, I didn't really care for it much.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2006, 05:50:59 PM »
Quote from: "NovaAngel19"
^ i agree, to a degree

the band name is kinda dumb and he could have written deeper lyrics ... BUT, i still really like the song.  honestly, i like it far better than anything Velvet Revolver has put out since their first single ... if you wanna talk about stupid lyrics, remember these?

Jimmy was a regulator
He could regulate a regulator
Jimmy was a master trainer
He could masturbate a fitness trainer

lol, i guess it's simply a matter of taste.  when VR came out, i was really impressed with 'Slither'.  everything was great ... until i bought the album ... it's been downhill ever since. the only reason i collect their shows, is to trade them for stuff that i really want. so personally, im pretty sick of looking at the big hairball masturbate his guitar every night, it's great to have the DeLeos back again.

Those are some of the greatest lyrics put to paper!

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2006, 04:57:27 AM »
I know what you mean about the Jimmy was a stimulator lyrics but Richard Patrick was actually trying to write a successful song.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2006, 08:46:42 AM »
AoA should trade lead singers with VR
The lunatic, is on the grass.