September 30, 2024, 03:18:56 PM

Author Topic: Goodbye thread..  (Read 15667 times)

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: ARMY OF ANYONE single up!!
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 02:29:05 AM »
Pink Floyd doesn't own the patent on that phrase... it MIGHT be possible that other members of humanity might want someone/thing with them, you know.

Sethynator

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Gentlemen Ghosts
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 04:06:56 AM »
I din't thin it was all that bad.
"I'm looking for a new rock sensation."

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 08:41:25 PM »
Wow the vocals are terrible, i dont think richard patrick could win karaokee night. Scott Weiland could have made it a much better song.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 10:14:51 PM »
Quote from: "pensive"
Pink Floyd doesn't own the patent on that phrase... it MIGHT be possible that other members of humanity might want someone/thing with them, you know.
oh please... that makes no sense
The lunatic, is on the grass.

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 10:21:38 PM »
Just because PF has a famous song with that line as the title doesn't exclude other artists from singing that phrase

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 12:19:01 AM »
Quote from: "pensive"
Just because PF has a famous song with that line as the title doesn't exclude other artists from singing that phrase
oh honey, of course it does

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 12:35:49 AM »
Hell, Incubus' first single off of Morning View was titled "Wish You Were Here", not to mention the fact that Brandon sings it in the chorus.

I jumped the gun a little bit when I first reviewed the song.  I now think it stands up to material recorded by the members in previous bands.  I know I am the first person to say we should judge each entity by its own merit, but after solo scott songs, filter, stp, aoa, vr, stp, and talk show, it's now hard not to start comparing.

This song is a better first single than Days of the Week was from Shangri-la Dee Da.  It's also probably more radio friendly than Hello, Hello, but I think that Slither is a little less disjointed, even though the music, oddly enough, is of the same formula--I dont think this will be as big of a hit as Slither, but the more I listen, it stands up to it.  In fact, even though I don't think it will be as big, even if for nothing else the mullet-fan factor who will love Slash and the boys regardless, I think the song is actually closer to what is going on musically right now.  Richard sounds good, but he seems to be landing somewhere between Gary Cherone and Steve Perry on this track, and he doesn't seem to have the knack that Scott does of laying down a melody that perfectly intertwines with the music.

This song grows on me more than Slither did--that track hit me instantly, but it also makes me realize what a perfect match Scott was for STP.  That chemistry comes along once in a lifetime.  Very rarely does a band find a second singer/songwriter that carries the band as well as the original.

I'd say this track is about on par with All in the Suit That You Wear.

I'd say it is much better than Panic Channel, which is Jane's Addiction with a different singer (and much like Alter Bridge, it makes you realize who the problem child in the band was...)

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 12:54:32 AM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
Hell, Incubus' first single off of Morning View was titled "Wish You Were Here", not to mention the fact that Brandon sings it in the chorus.
And has incubus ever recovered from that travesty? to my recollection, no. they've sucked ever since
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 12:58:12 AM by Nathantok7 »

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2006, 12:59:05 AM »
Deleo brothers and ray luzier need a new singer pronto, infact they should put the whole CD on hold till they find someone who can embellish their awesome music better

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 02:32:51 AM »
This song is a better first single than Days of the Week was from Shangri-la Dee Da. 

In fact, even though I don't think it will be as big, even if for nothing else the mullet-fan factor who will love Slash and the boys regardless, I

It very much is a better first single than DotW.

hahah mullet-fans... yep

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 03:13:46 AM »
I tried listening to the song again today. I got less than half way through.
Damn this thing is painful to listen to.

I was going to call it Talk Show 2, but that would be an insult to Talk Show (which also sucked ass).

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2006, 04:37:48 AM »

I'd say this track is about on par with All in the Suit That You Wear.

funny, i was thinking the same thing ... if people dont like it, it's fine but i still love the song :)

everylilwhore

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 09:50:48 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
I tried listening to the song again today. I got less than half way through.
Damn this thing is painful to listen to.

I was going to call it Talk Show 2, but that would be an insult to Talk Show (which also sucked ass).

Couldn't agree more my friend. Coming from another longtime member of this board and its previous versions....

I cannot listen to this whole song...it is horrible.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 11:17:41 PM »
Id agree with saying its better than Days of the Week .. id also say Hello Hello is a better tune than both ..

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2006, 12:49:26 AM »
I love this song, but it's just not that good (* said with eyes crossed and a blank expression*)