July 07, 2024, 11:29:35 AM

Author Topic: Libertad News/Discussion  (Read 36475 times)

gnrdestructx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: So what do you think of Libertad?
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2008, 04:34:16 PM »
Its a good CD. just sixteen is one of my favourites and last fight. I think contraband had the edge over it. But definatly some cool tracks on there.. messages is pretty cool, gravedancer.. etc

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2008, 07:20:52 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
The mix is bad on "She Builds Quick Machines", but the rest of the CD isnt quite so muddy and bass heavy.  Its important to note that Brendan O'Brien produced Libertad, and also produced all the STP CDs. 

You might be missing out on something good.  WIth the exception of SBQM, Spay, and Can't Get it Out of My Head, I think its a VERY good CD.  Skip those three though :)

I was aware of O'Brien as the producer, which is why I was so disappointed with what I heard. Oddly enough, Spay and Can't get it Out of my head are the 2 songs I *haven't* heard. I did like "The Last Fight" a bit, though.

Tol

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2008, 10:03:36 AM »
I think it's a great album. quality rock n roll i could say. Scott did great work and i think that it could be a classic album... but i don't think that they promote it really well.
take a load off

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2008, 01:12:54 PM »
I'm suprised more people don't like this CD. To me, it has Scott's fingerprints all over the album. As opposed to Contraband, where to me he was a hired gun to do vocals. Libertad has much more of an STP vibe to it IMO.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2008, 01:14:51 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
I'm suprised more people don't like this CD. To me, it has Scott's fingerprints all over the album. As opposed to Contraband, where to me he was a hired gun to do vocals. Libertad has much more of an STP vibe to it IMO.

Agreed..I like Libertad much better than Contraband. While Contraband was a more hard rock sound I think Libertad was more well rounded cd featuring harder songs, mid-tempo songs and slow songs. I actually think Scott's vocals sound amazing on the Libertad cd.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
Agreed..I like Libertad much better than Contraband. While Contraband was a more hard rock sound I think Libertad was more well rounded cd featuring harder songs, mid-tempo songs and slow songs. I actually think Scott's vocals sound amazing on the Libertad cd.

I couldnt agree more.  I think his voice on Libertad is some of the best vocal work he's done in a VERY long time.  His fingerprints are DEFINITELY all over the CD.  Very well rounded album, its still in my car cd player despite coming out almost a year ago.  Great CD, IMO.  Contraband was a good CD too, but Libertad is much better rounded and better produced. 

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2008, 03:42:02 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
I actually think Scott's vocals sound amazing on the Libertad cd.

If you can hear them :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2008, 04:14:44 PM »
^ Eh? I can hear him just fine and I agree - he sounds brilliant throughout.

Just a few words in support of SBQM - great groove, cool bassline plus it's my 7-yr old son's favourite too!

HerdJC

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2008, 01:21:48 AM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
^ Eh? I can hear him just fine and I agree - he sounds brilliant throughout.

Just a few words in support of SBQM - great groove, cool bassline plus it's my 7-yr old son's favourite too!

I love SBQM, one of my favorite songs in the last couple of years.  Then again, I've always been a fan of great basslines :)

Promising_Boy

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2008, 01:25:41 PM »
I don't like it, 'cause i don't like VR.
I must say Contraband was maybe better though.

smoofcool

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2008, 10:06:48 AM »
i didnt dislike libertad, i liked contraband better though

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »
Quote from: "smoofcool"
i didnt dislike libertad, i liked contraband better though

I agree with that statement. Contraband has so much more energy in it than Libertad.
Contraband is more raw and powerful, while Libertad on the other hand is kinda more mainstream..

FelixKönich

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2008, 03:34:56 PM »
i think the album is good but  not as good as any STP album

BrianLev

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2008, 06:04:08 PM »
I think Libertad's pretty good but honestly Weiland's the only part of it that keeps interest. I've always hated Sorum, Duff is hit or miss, Slash is great but predictable, and really Dave's the only instrumentalist in the band that comes up with things I don't feel like I've heard a million times before. If Slash would be the blues rock guitar player who now and again experiments with say jazz chords or more interesting sonic effects I'd be much more impressed.

Really the second I found out I felt this way was when I heard the cover of "Psycho Killer" and of COURSE it was a blues version of the song. C'mon Slash, you took a new wave song and made it classic rock. How original of a take is that? Weiland shined though.

Loungefly89

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2008, 07:28:07 PM »
It took a while to grow on me but some of my fave vr songs are off libertad. American man, mary mary, spay, just sixteen and get out the door are amazing. I was never a big fan of SBQM until I heard it live now I think its great!!