September 20, 2024, 01:13:41 AM

Author Topic: Scott's English Laundry Collection  (Read 19476 times)

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott's Clothing Line
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »
I saw a interview somewhere not TOO long ago (I'll have to sort through my fanpage's news articles) that he mentioned it was still a go... but then thats the last I've heard of it...

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I saw a interview somewhere not TOO long ago (I'll have to sort through my fanpage's news articles) that he mentioned it was still a go... but then thats the last I've heard of it...

Well that's cool then! Because most of the interviews I read didn't mention anything about it or Scott didn't bring it up so I thought it was a no-go. And here I thought I was up-to-date with all the Weiland stuff. haha
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:41:25 AM by Anonymous »
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »
It'll never come out sadly, at least his book most likely will.  If Scott released clothes I'd buy them, especially the green pants.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Navarre

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »
Yeah, me too. I would love to have a green pants like that! :P

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2008, 01:16:40 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
OMG, ME TOO!

I LOVE THE BOA! ;D
Yes yours truly almost got myself killed back in '01 over this one! 
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg20 ... nada01.jpg[/img]
Let's just say I underestimated my jump from the side mezzanine.  (I still have a lovely scar on my leg from that bright idea)
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2008, 02:41:43 PM »
Maybe he'll go the route of Sarah Jessica Parker and do something on the cheaper side. ;D

You're referring to Steve and Barry's, correct?

I always think to myself when I walk by that store, there is no way in hell she wears that stuff. Not saying that it's a bad store or the clothes are crap, but when the ENTIRE store is priced at $8.99 or whatever, then I highly doubt Ms. Parker walks the red carpet in S & B atire.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »
^^
Yep.  Steve & Barry's.

It's not THAT bad, honestly.  There are decent pieces and not-so-decent pieces.  I would never do the shoes or bags, because I'm a shoe/bag snob ::)

It's slightly better than Forever 21, which IMO has a lot of crap.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »
It's not THAT bad, honestly.  There are decent pieces and not-so-decent pieces.  I would never do the shoes or bags, because I'm a shoe/bag snob ::)

S & B reminds me of Old Navy when they used to compete with the Targets and Walmarts before they got too big for their britches and wanted to compete with the A & F's and other speciality stores.

I got a bunch of stuff for my nephew from that store. Jeans, shoes, a few shirts, and a jacket. All for under $50. Can't complain there.

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »
I'm finicky with S&B's.  Some of the stuff is okay...T-shirts & I get my bf's shit there.  A lot their clothes fall apart...get what ya pay for I suppose. 

Don't know about where you guys are but the S&B here just filed for bankruptcy.  I heard a lot of them are going to be closing down.
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2008, 08:11:32 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
You're referring to Steve and Barry's, correct?

I always think to myself when I walk by that store, there is no way in hell she wears that stuff. Not saying that it's a bad store or the clothes are crap, but when the ENTIRE store is priced at $8.99 or whatever, then I highly doubt Ms. Parker walks the red carpet in S & B atire.

Actually she does. I saw a picture in a magazine of her at some preimer and they broke down the pieces of what she was wearing...of course some designer stuff like the shirt, shoes and pocketbook but the jacket and skirt was HERS.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2008, 08:13:33 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
S & B reminds me of Old Navy when they used to compete with the Targets and Walmarts before they got too big for their britches and wanted to compete with the A & F's and other speciality stores.

I got a bunch of stuff for my nephew from that store. Jeans, shoes, a few shirts, and a jacket. All for under $50. Can't complain there.

Old Navy started out as the outlet store for the Gap and Banana Republic. (In San Fran I think)
They are part of the Gap/Banana Republic group and you can use the charge card in all three stores.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2008, 08:33:15 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
Old Navy started out as the outlet store for the Gap and Banana Republic. (In San Fran I think)
They are part of the Gap/Banana Republic group and you can use the charge card in all three stores.

You don't have to tell me that. I worked for the company six years of my life.

What I was referring to was this. When I started there in 2001, ON was a company known for DEALS. You can get 3 shirts for $15, 2 pairs of jeans for $25, etc. It was a fun atmosphere to work in. The focus was on great deals for the whole family. Then around 2005, that started to change. The focus was not on the deals as much. Now we started to introduce speciality clothes. We brought in a Maternity line. Then came Women's Plus. We added more styles of sweaters, shirts, special edition boot cut jeans, the works. We, as a company, wanted to compete with the likes of American Eagle, Ambricombie and Fitch, stores that sold 'vintage' clothes or speciality clothes at ridiculous prices. We went from family look to a more sophisticated, 'hip' look. They wanted people to react saying, 'Check it out. Old Navy has hip clothes like A & F. I've always been a loyal ON shopper for my whole family. Now me and my kids can look hip! I'll have to check these clothes out!' It turned out to be a downfall in the long run. I left the company in 2006, and since then the company has been in bad shape. I'm not saying that was the direct reason for it, but I think they lost focus when they started to cater toward the trendy in-crowd instead of the 'Fits for the whole family,' which was their bread and butter for years...

That's my two cents from someone formerly in the biz...

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2008, 11:21:29 PM »
They still have "deals". Not as good as they were but like the music business the clothing business changed. I guess they just trying to keep up with the "Jones'". Old Navy is still one of the only store I can buy jeans off the rack. I'm short, 5'1" and any other store I buy jeans from I have to have the jeans hemmed. Old Navy is still one of the ONLY stores that carry "short" in 95% of their styles. I even buy them online without having to try them on because I know when they are delivered they are going to fit.
Express used to but now only a few of their styles come in "short" length.

Actually adding the "plus size" line wasn't a bad idea. It's a segment of society the other outlets ignore and it is a large market (no pun intended...ok maybe a little :-p)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »
Actually adding the "plus size" line wasn't a bad idea. It's a segment of society the other outlets ignore and it is a large market (no pun intended...ok maybe a little :-p)

I thought it would work too. It fizzled at our store. I don't think it lasted a year.

I must stop. It sounds like I still work there the way I'm talking!

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2008, 08:41:10 AM »
They still have "deals". Not as good as they were but like the music business the clothing business changed. I guess they just trying to keep up with the "Jones'". Old Navy is still one of the only store I can buy jeans off the rack. I'm short, 5'1" and any other store I buy jeans from I have to have the jeans hemmed. Old Navy is still one of the ONLY stores that carry "short" in 95% of their styles. I even buy them online without having to try them on because I know when they are delivered they are going to fit.
Express used to but now only a few of their styles come in "short" length.

I like ON for the opposite reason.  I'm tall, (5'10") and I can always just buy their jeans in a tall and they fit.  Their sizing is very consistent, which I can't say for other clothing brands.  :P  Sometimes Express runs very long - even too long for me. ::)  I have a 34n inseam. ::)