September 12, 2024, 05:37:40 AM

Author Topic: How Did You Get Into Stp  (Read 20179 times)

Anonymous

Re: How Did You Get Into Stp
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2006, 12:41:48 AM »
In 2005 I heard down which immediately got my hooked. Dumb love made it final: I love the heavier stuff of core and other tracks like pruno. Im a relatively new fan.

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006, 06:57:01 AM »
STP was like our Led Zeppelin and I still hold them up with the all-time great bands like the Beatles, Stones, Who, Zeppelin, etc.

agreed

loungeflyy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »
While I wouldn't go quite as far as to say STP were our Zeppelin, I fell in love in about 1996 when I bought Tiny Music. I got the tape and loved it, so I went out and bought Core a couple of weeks later. One day I was riding in the car with my family and had Core on my walkman (yes the days of tapes) and Plush came on, and I immediately realized that STP were my favorites.
you couldn\'t swing if you were hangin\' from a palm tree in a hurricane

deerenee26

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deerenee26
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 09:27:58 PM »
I love it when I find a song/band that just sweeps me off my feet.  As corny and gay as it sounds, that's how it happens; you hear it and you know, or you see a video and can't peel your eyes from the screen and you know that you'll love them forever.

Orbital199

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 05:02:28 AM »
I love it when I find a song/band that just sweeps me off my feet.  As corny and gay as it sounds, that's how it happens; you hear it and you know, or you see a video and can't peel your eyes from the screen and you know that you'll love them forever.
I havent found a band that has done that for me in a while. I think the last band that has come out that I have had a lot of respect for were The White Stripes. The did a great job of resurecting the classic rock/blues feel. They sound very Led Zeppelin influenced.

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 05:33:32 PM »
I love it when I find a song/band that just sweeps me off my feet.  As corny and gay as it sounds, that's how it happens; you hear it and you know, or you see a video and can't peel your eyes from the screen and you know that you'll love them forever.
I havent found a band that has done that for me in a while. I think the last band that has come out that I have had a lot of respect for were The White Stripes. The did a great job of resurecting the classic rock/blues feel. They sound very Led Zeppelin influenced.
I agree. The White Stripes are probably the last newer band that really excited me too. Although, I like them a lot, but no where near STP. STP, for me, is like the Beatles and Zeppelin rolled into one.

Zotisbot

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thismachinekillshonkeys
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 05:53:44 PM »
I love it when I find a song/band that just sweeps me off my feet.  As corny and gay as it sounds, that's how it happens; you hear it and you know, or you see a video and can't peel your eyes from the screen and you know that you'll love them forever.
I agree. The White Stripes are probably the last newer band that really excited me too. Although, I like them a lot, but no where near STP. STP, for me, is like the Beatles and Zeppelin rolled into one.
Actually that is a good description of their sound a lot of the time.

Orbital199

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 06:29:56 PM »
I think they try to incorporate Zepp's sound somtimes, but I still think its hard to compare the two in terms of greatness. While STP had a great deal of talent for their time I find it hard to compare anyone to Zeppelin in that way. Its like comparing gods, I think bands like the Beatles and Zeppelin are like the Titans and STP are like the olympians or lesser gods, both still on a higher then mortal status, but Zepp will always be on top.

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 07:44:09 PM »
I think they try to incorporate Zepp's sound somtimes, but I still think its hard to compare the two in terms of greatness. While STP had a great deal of talent for their time I find it hard to compare anyone to Zeppelin in that way. Its like comparing gods, I think bands like the Beatles and Zeppelin are like the Titans and STP are like the olympians or lesser gods, both still on a higher then mortal status, but Zepp will always be on top.
That's a good way of putting it. I think that the only reason that STP is on the second-tier is because the others did it first. I mean, if STP was around in the 70s, they would be right up there. By the same token, I suppose, they would've sounded like they did if it weren't for The Beatles, and Zep to influence them first.

I think you came up with a good, accurate analogy.

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2006, 04:58:25 AM »
QUOTE (Orbital199 @ Jan 29 2006, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (deerenee26 @ Jan 29 2006, 03:27 PM)

I also agree. I love the white stripes. My favorite thing about the white stripes that reminds me of zeppelin is lack of a  chorus in songs or the instrumental chorus. Its a great idea.

loungeflyy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2006, 09:29:50 PM »
You know, I love Zeppelin (second to STP), and I never got the comparisons of the White Stripes to Zepp that people make. I personally cannot stand the White Stripes. I find their music boring, uninspired and bland. And I mean, LZ was a band with some serious drums, and insane guitars, I find that the white stripes have neither. Just my opinion.
you couldn\'t swing if you were hangin\' from a palm tree in a hurricane

deerenee26

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deerenee26
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2006, 11:41:39 PM »
You know, I love Zeppelin (second to STP), and I never got the comparisons of the White Stripes to Zepp that people make. I personally cannot stand the White Stripes. I find their music boring, uninspired and bland. And I mean, LZ was a band with some serious drums, and insane guitars, I find that the white stripes have neither. Just my opinion.
I have to agree, to an extent.  While I like some of what I hear, I still don't see the LZ connection.  I do have to hand it to the WS though, I think they're doing something different and have managed to sound unique.  Most bands sound the same anymore.

White Knuckles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
What was the first time you heard STP?
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 09:10:32 PM »
Since we've gotta play the waiting game now, and see how the tour/future album plans go, I just thought I'd ask "what was the first time you heard STP?"

This is a little embarrassing, but I remember my first time hearing STP was around 2000-2001 and there was a commercial for a truck with wicked garden, and I thought to myself, "Wow, I never heard that Creed song before..." oh how young and naive i was...  then I heard Plush in the game GTA san Andreas n was really diggin it  And one day a friend of mine bout a boatload of  used cds dirt cheap, i mean at least 20-30, and I was looking through em to see what he got, and one of the cds was core.  I asked him if I could borrow it, and he let me borrow it, being that he had a shitload of other cds.  None the less I never gave him the cd back and I've been a fan ever since

Loungefly89

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: What was the first time you heard STP?
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »
^^^ i got into em around the same time as you, i was too young to really be into music when they were releasing most of their albums, i saw the video for ILS on tv thought it was amazing and theyve been my favourite band ever since

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: What was the first time you heard STP?
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 09:45:11 PM »
wow - you guys are just babes...

sex type thing - video - first released.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.