September 19, 2024, 08:36:27 AM

Author Topic: How Did You Get Into Stp  (Read 20319 times)

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: What was the first time you heard STP?
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »
^ It's never too late to join the STP fan club.. lol
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

dirty dog

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2008, 09:29:38 PM »
1996, i saw big bang baby on tv...

smoofcool

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2008, 09:25:35 AM »
first time i heard stp was like earliest i can remember was 1992.

stpfan94

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: How Did You Get Into Stp
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2008, 01:33:32 AM »
I heard ILS on the radio in like 6th grade, which was 3 years ago, and I've been hooked ever since.
Still shackled to the shadow, still shackled to the shadow...

lisa6178

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2008, 03:57:49 AM »
When they released "Plush". I was about 15 and instantly fell in love.

Navarre

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2008, 06:29:57 PM »
Slither videoclip > Scott > STP.
downloading some STP music in the beginning, later bought the cd's. Wicked Garden was my instant favorite besides Crackerman. When I heard more it became Silvergun Superman and Atlanta. Those are still my favorites.

Olivia

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2008, 06:33:21 PM »
Quote from: "Navarre"
Slither videoclip > Scott > STP.

Same. After getting into VR and falling in love with Scott, mom introduced me to STP. She bought me Thank You, then I eventually built up my CD collection to all the studio albums. Then came downloading MJY, cover tracks, outtakes, etc.

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »
I liked their singles in the 90s but didn't pay that much attention until Big Bang Baby hit MuchMusic. LOVED the song and the video.

I remember (weird story alert) shortly after it came out I had a nightmare in which I was in some bizarro version of the video where STP were a foursome of murderers and they were prowling through my highschool and Scott would sing (instead of take it away boys) - "Take him away, boys - and beat him to death!" at the end of the bridge... and then rob and dean would lead some unsuspecting victim away. yikes. it creeped me out so much I still remember it clearly :D

um anyway. so I loved that song, and then this spring I was feeling nostalgic and decided to youtube it, and all of a sudden was gripped with an insane desire to own all of their albums and join this forum... etc.

lisa6178

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2008, 08:07:55 PM »
Quote from: "kilter"
and all of a sudden was gripped with an insane desire to own all of their albums and join this forum... etc.

Ha, ha! Now you are in their clutches like the rest of us! :lol:

GreenCheetah

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2008, 12:10:08 AM »
When I was 13 I purchased Tiny Music from a BMG music catalog because I had heard Dead & Bloated on the radio and liked it (yeah probably should have gotten Core instead if that's the song I liked, but hey I was 13 and stupid).  I was going through a Metallica phase (much to my mother's displeasure), and I hated the album so I let it sit on a shelf. 

About a year later I started taking guitar lessons and the first thing I was taught was the intro to Sex Type Thing.  I liked that song anyway, so I finally went out and got Core.  I liked it, but still didn't listen to it that much (was still in my Metallica phase).

About a year after that (when I was 15), shortly after my Metallica phase ended, I was getting ready for school one morning with MTV on, and the video for Down came on.  The intro immediately grabbed my attention and I stopped what I was doing and sat down and watched it.  I loved it. Everything about it.  The guitar, the vocals, the man in the video, the energy captured in the concert footage in the video.  I was instantly hooked.  No. 4 wasn't out yet, but I went out and got it the day it was released; picked up Purple too while I was at it.  I also gave Tiny Music another listen and couldn't imagine how I could have hated it before.

For the rest of high school, I would start out my mornings with a bowl of cereal and trip to this site (wasn't it stonetemplepilots.org back then?).  I don't think I ever posted on the forum back then, and I still don't much today.. but nearly 9 years later this is still my favorite band.  Their music just feels like home... I know that sounds silly.. but I'm sure you guys know what I mean.   

lunacy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lunacy__
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2008, 12:34:35 PM »
i think i never posted in this thread, i told it in my introduction though. (did i?)
anyway, when i was 11/12 or whatever i was a huge fan of linkin park.
in an interview we (me and my sister) read that Chester had all STP records. she laughed at that and said that STP was gay 8DD
not untill last year i've been a fan of them (and velvet revolver) because my best friend kept bombarding me on msn with music XD
my first song was.. naked sunday. i immediatly loved it

Fthro6K

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2008, 10:51:01 PM »
Shortly after high school grad in 92 I was cruising down PCH with my cousin and he pops in core after listening to the offspring and the rest is history. I want as much as I can get and get as much as I can. I have converted my friends and children over the years. STP is rock and roll!!!!!!
If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend.

lisa6178

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2008, 10:53:05 PM »
Quote from: "Fthro6K"
Shortly after high school grad in 92 I was cruising down PCH with my cousin and he pops in core after listening to the offspring and the rest is history. I want as much as I can get and get as much as I can. I have converted my friends and children over the years. STP is rock and roll!!!!!!

We got in the car today and my son immediately asked if we could listen to STP. He is 4. :)

born2boogie

• *Happy Dancer*
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Keep Smiling ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Weiland Fans Online
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2008, 12:52:28 AM »
Quote from: "lisa6178"
We got in the car today and my son immediately asked if we could listen to STP. He is 4. :)

aw bless my son is the same :) when I play STP, 12BB or VR in the car he knows the words and he is only 9.. he had to do powerpoint presentation a few months ago and wanted to do it on VR.. but my ex wasn't to pleased so it changed..

don't it make you proud when we pass down great music ;)
Why surrender this way I feel so raped just like an open book that no one wants to read. Don't turn away.. :'(

born2boogie

• *Happy Dancer*
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Keep Smiling ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Weiland Fans Online
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2008, 01:02:56 AM »
as for me.. How Did You Get Into Stp?

I heard the Thank-You CD and coneted but I was a fan of VR 1st but not a fan of G'n'R
its strange lol

I loved Sour Girl -- I just fell :D
Why surrender this way I feel so raped just like an open book that no one wants to read. Don't turn away.. :'(