September 20, 2024, 01:38:08 PM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots Tribute Album  (Read 40779 times)

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I Saw The Best New Stp Tribute Band!
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2005, 05:05:31 AM »
They are the real deal!! I did sound @ one of their shows up in Van @ the Red Room. After listening to the samples on their site I can see why some of you are down on them. It's really pretty dry and kind of weak, but it doesn't represent their sound AT ALL. To be quite honest they kicked ass. I wasn't to excited to be working that night because I'm used to seeing a lot of "can't make it on their own" hacks playing piss poor versions of tunes I like.
I've seen quite a few live performances of STP's on late night stuff etc. and was never that impressed, but these guys will have people going out to buy STP albums. I went and bought "Thankyou" the next week after hearing them play 'All in the Suit That you Wear" @ their show cause I'd never heard it and had to hear it again.

If they make it to your town do yourself a favour. It'll be worth the $10 or $15 bucks you spend.

They are a tribute band copying STP so how can they be more "impressive"?

Anonymous

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2005, 06:29:05 AM »
Nevertheless I betcha it's fun to do.  Gotta admit that Scott W. has a pretty distinctive voice. If anyone could sound that close then hats off man.  I think that's pretty impressive.

Anonymous

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2005, 09:06:03 PM »
I guess it's not a matter of them being more impressive. A tribute band will never be able to replace the experience of a great band, like STP, on top of their game, but more a matter of consistancy. These guys are obviously focused on attempting to reproduce the live sound of a band they love and CAN'T go see anymore.
For anyone who never saw STP live, "STTP" may be the closest thing out there. I was just stating I'm not used to seeing "tribute bands" that could make me knock the dust off some CD's I hadn't listened to in a awhile, let alone inspire a purchase. Of course the idea of copying a band will always rub some people the wrong way, but this seems to more of what the term should indicate; "a tribute".

As a musician who has been sucessful with both original and covered tunes, I know it is more of a challenge technically to reproduce accurately someone else's stuff than playing what comes naturaly to you as a player. I'm not a tribute band supporter normally, but the elite percentage are the acception. Michael White & the White, The Atomic Punks ... etc.

I hope they get some new audio up soon.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2005, 10:53:22 PM »
Hmmm who are these new members raving about the tribute band, couldnt be members from the actual band itself could it? .. nah! :unsure:  as for the tribute bands they sound pretty good but to say that you guys are more impressive live than STP was is going a tad far.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2005, 06:21:08 AM »
Hmmm who are these new members raving about the tribute band, couldnt be members from the actual band itself could it? .. nah! :unsure:  as for the tribute bands they sound pretty good but to say that you guys are more impressive live than STP was is going a tad far.
Just a tad.

Anonymous

« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2006, 03:57:48 PM »
All of you who suggested going the scource if you want a STP cover band is right...

Why take a coverband when you can go see Scott himself playing with Duff and Slash!!!!

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Crackerman
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2006, 08:51:03 PM »
Crackerman is probably the worst looking STP tribute band i have ever seen.  they sound ok, but their look is ... well ... i will let you be the judge of that

a picture of the band ...

http://www.crackerman.ca/images8/sud28.jpg

their website ...

http://www.crackerman.ca/pics.htm

Orbital199

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Crackerman
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2006, 09:48:20 PM »
What are you talking about? He looks JUST like Scott..............

I've never looked for tribute bands of groups that I like. I think I would just end up getting mad that the majority of them don't do the real bands justice.

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Crackerman
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2006, 09:58:17 PM »
i actually don't like tribute bands myself, and i dont waste my time looking for them.  in this case, it just so happened that there was a buzz about them in some STP forum i came across.  now i realize it was just a joke and i figured we could all use a laugh.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Crackerman
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2006, 10:59:39 PM »
That guy should be in an AC/DC cover band ,, just needs that hat

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Crackerman
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2006, 04:25:12 AM »
HAHA

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Crackerman
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2006, 11:42:31 PM »
and that guitarist is playing a fuckin ibanez, dean plays a gibson les paul (most of the time)
The lunatic, is on the grass.

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Crackerman
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2006, 04:13:16 AM »
probably cant afford a gibson. the way they look i dont think anyone wants to see them.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Crackerman
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2006, 04:30:24 AM »
Is that Jessie's boyfriend?

Anonymous

STP Tribute Album
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2006, 02:18:30 PM »
Has anyone heard the STP tribute album ?. I saw an advert for it the oter day on Ebay and was wondering who was on it. The ebay listing wasnt very helpful.