September 20, 2024, 01:26:04 PM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots Tribute Album  (Read 40778 times)

nodrognorrab

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dasaboard
I Saw The Best New Stp Tribute Band!
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »
I can't deal with these guys...he looks like Bizzaro Weiland with buggy eyes and possibly the worst looking tattoo I have even seen.  I also agree with loungeflyy about the vocals, he hits a familiar note here and there, but falls short in the end.  Music seems a bit flat too...they need more emotion.

Sorry for ripping them, most cover bands I am glad to see, but this is sacred!

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2005, 07:43:54 PM »
That singer is tripping me out!!!

bunbury_hmr

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2005, 10:10:49 PM »
I dont know.
I just saw the pics. The guy has like a spray on tatt. of Scott's arm band and the dragon?
None of them look like the band in my opinion.
They sort-of-have the sound but in the end they have too light of an equipment to really sound like them.
The drummer looking nothing like Eric.
As for vocals .... dont get me started, oy!

Orbital199

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2005, 10:24:42 PM »
Wow i checked out the audio and it didnt seem that good at all. I will definatly give it to them that some of them look the part, even though thats sad pretending to be someone else but otherwise vocals werent special. I suggest if you wanna see someone cover STP really good, see velvet revolver live, they do sex type thing and crackerman excellent. haha

I agree. The whole pretending to be someone else thing kind of rubs me the wrong way. I think doing some covers and noteing STP as a main source of inspiration would be more effective. When people try to sing, dress, act, and be some other band its like having a weird obssesive stalker instead of showing respect.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »
At least theyre keeping STP alive in some way ...

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2005, 10:41:36 PM »
.. and there not bad, id check 'em out

bunbury_hmr

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2005, 02:58:43 AM »
Wow i checked out the audio and it didnt seem that good at all. I will definatly give it to them that some of them look the part, even though thats sad pretending to be someone else but otherwise vocals werent special. I suggest if you wanna see someone cover STP really good, see velvet revolver live, they do sex type thing and crackerman excellent. haha

I agree. The whole pretending to be someone else thing kind of rubs me the wrong way. I think doing some covers and noteing STP as a main source of inspiration would be more effective. When people try to sing, dress, act, and be some other band its like having a weird obssesive stalker instead of showing respect.
Dont tell these guys than.

http://www.posthumanband.com/

Anonymous

« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2005, 03:11:29 AM »
I don't think these guys are obssesive at all.  That is what a tribute band is, if you don't know.  
Of course they don't look exactly like Scott, Dean, Robert and Eric.
That would be obssesive if they all got surgery, and looked exactly like the band.  From the other end of the room, they did look pretty damn close. The singer however, did move and perform just like Scott does on stage.  
They probably didn't spend thousands of dollars recording the audio on their site, but the live sound at the show was unbelievably close.
I do know that bands such as U2 and Led Zeppelin  have endorsed tribute acts to keep their music alive in different forms. (www.thewhite.net).
My hat is off to these guys for giving me close to the same feeling that I got from the original STP concerts.
If you want to see another STP tribute, check out www.crackerman.ca

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2005, 04:41:33 AM »

thank you

Quetzal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2005, 05:35:58 AM »
www.crackerman.ca
:lol:  :lol:

Their singer sounds like Scott Stapp.
You may regret clicking on this[/url].

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2005, 02:55:44 PM »
www.crackerman.ca
:lol:  :lol:

Their singer sounds like Scott Stapp.
EWWWWW STOP SINGING IN THE KEY OF ARGH!!

nodrognorrab

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dasaboard
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2005, 05:16:21 PM »
Blood Pollution is still the best tribute band ever!!!!

Anonymous

« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2005, 02:23:43 AM »
I just checked out that stone temple tribute project website that was listed at the beginning of the topic and I must say that I think they sound pretty good. I mean after reading all the negative feedback on this forum about that tribute band I checked it out and couldn't believe how hard this forum was on them. I thought I was going to hear something atrocious but quite the contrary. The guy's voice sounds incredibly close to the real deal if you ask me. I was very impressed. Who cares if they're a tribute band. I don't understand why everyone's panties are in a knot about this. Sheesh.! Oh and I also checked out the Marilyn Manson tribute band that was listed on this forum and even though it isn't EXACTLY like the real Marilyn Manson I must say it sounded quite good. I would like to see both these shows. Plus I don't think it is 'disrespect' to the original artist. Give me a break. Imitation is a form of flattery. I bet it would be a blast at one their shows.  I really love STP and I would love to see a band that could pull them off. My opinion? I think that the STP tribute band sounds awesome and I think the Marilyn Manson tribute looks awesome too. I would  definitely go to their shows.  And probably more than half the critics on this forum would to.  Out of curiousity if nothing else.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2005, 04:53:49 PM »
I just checked out that stone temple tribute project website that was listed at the beginning of the topic and I must say that I think they sound pretty good. I mean after reading all the negative feedback on this forum about that tribute band I checked it out and couldn't believe how hard this forum was on them. I thought I was going to hear something atrocious but quite the contrary. The guy's voice sounds incredibly close to the real deal if you ask me. I was very impressed. Who cares if they're a tribute band. I don't understand why everyone's panties are in a knot about this. Sheesh.! Oh and I also checked out the Marilyn Manson tribute band that was listed on this forum and even though it isn't EXACTLY like the real Marilyn Manson I must say it sounded quite good. I would like to see both these shows. Plus I don't think it is 'disrespect' to the original artist. Give me a break. Imitation is a form of flattery. I bet it would be a blast at one their shows.  I really love STP and I would love to see a band that could pull them off. My opinion? I think that the STP tribute band sounds awesome and I think the Marilyn Manson tribute looks awesome too. I would  definitely go to their shows.  And probably more than half the critics on this forum would to.  Out of curiousity if nothing else.
yeah, wtf i thought they were pretty good too
The lunatic, is on the grass.

Anonymous

« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2005, 02:47:54 AM »
They are the real deal!! I did sound @ one of their shows up in Van @ the Red Room. After listening to the samples on their site I can see why some of you are down on them. It's really pretty dry and kind of weak, but it doesn't represent their sound AT ALL. To be quite honest they kicked ass. I wasn't to excited to be working that night because I'm used to seeing a lot of "can't make it on their own" hacks playing piss poor versions of tunes I like.
I've seen quite a few live performances of STP's on late night stuff etc. and was never that impressed, but these guys will have people going out to buy STP albums. I went and bought "Thankyou" the next week after hearing them play 'All in the Suit That you Wear" @ their show cause I'd never heard it and had to hear it again.

If they make it to your town do yourself a favour. It'll be worth the $10 or $15 bucks you spend.