October 03, 2024, 05:27:14 PM

Author Topic: Grunge peers  (Read 11176 times)

SambaNova

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Grunge peers
« on: March 25, 2005, 05:23:38 PM »
I just read in this forum about Cornell (and Vedder)'s opinion about STP or Weiland. It's also said that those quotes were in belowempty, but i can't seem to find'em.
Anyone? Just curious about the opinion from my second favourite singer in the world

Sledgehammers of Truth

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Chris Cornell
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 07:28:49 PM »
Look about halfway down the page

Or do a "control-F" and search for "Eddie"

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Chris Cornell
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 07:26:47 PM »
From that interview (April 11, 2004)
So are things okay with the band now? I mean there have been so many problems with Scott.
ROBERT: I can honestly say, and I wouldn’t be saying this if I wasn’t feeling really good about it -- everything is going the best it has ever gone with our career. This is like the band I always wanted to have.

KNAC.COM: Well, it seems that even with all the problems you’ve had throughout the years, you’ve consistently produced good music.
ROBERT: Nothing’s going to break us. I think it’s taken a long time for us to grow and mature and realize that this doesn’t happen to a lot of people. It doesn’t happen to a lot of bands. We have this power to go out and do what we do, and we really cherish it. I keep on catching myself saying, “Whoa, I haven’t seen Scott like this in a long time.” But you know what? I’ve never seen him like this.
My, how things have changed.
 :(

Anonymous

Chris Cornell
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 09:33:29 PM »
So are things okay with the band now? I mean there have been so many problems with Scott.
ROBERT: I can honestly say, and I wouldn’t be saying this if I wasn’t feeling really good about it -- everything is going the best it has ever gone with our career. This is like the band I always wanted to have.

KNAC.COM: Well, it seems that even with all the problems you’ve had throughout the years, you’ve consistently produced good music.
ROBERT: Nothing’s going to break us. I think it’s taken a long time for us to grow and mature and realize that this doesn’t happen to a lot of people. It doesn’t happen to a lot of bands. We have this power to go out and do what we do, and we really cherish it. I keep on catching myself saying, “Whoa, I haven’t seen Scott like this in a long time.” But you know what? I’ve never seen him like this.
Brought a tear to my eye.

Anonymous

Chris Cornell
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 08:42:26 PM »

seriously. *sigh*  :(  :(

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Chris Cornell
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 05:15:25 AM »

seriously. *sigh*  :(  :(
Nah, they were just full of shit.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

Anonymous

Scott On Kurt
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 08:34:37 AM »
Has Scott ever talked about Kurt Cobain. I know that he was asked in an interview once what he thought about him taking his life. Scott was just like, "well theres always a sense of lose......" and stuff like that but nothing personal. I know he sang about it in SLDD in Too Cool Queenie. Other than that has there been anything else said?

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott On Kurt
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 01:06:52 AM »
I think the closest Scott got to Kurt was boning his wife...

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Scott On Kurt
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 03:53:56 AM »
I think the closest Scott got to Kurt was boning his wife...

haha well i guess scott has STDs.

bunbury_hmr

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott On Kurt
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 09:00:58 AM »
I think the closest Scott 'coming' Kurt was boning his wife...
Well I guess there was a way to make that quote even more disgusting I see.

*throws up in his mouth.

Loungefly89

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Scott On Kurt
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 10:16:54 PM »
I read an interview somewhere where Scott was asked about what he though of the music scene these days (this was probably just after shangri la was released) and what he thought about all the bands that were formed around the same time as stp and are no longer here.
He replied by saying that he hates a lot of the macho cock rock thats about now and that he missed Kurt very much.

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott On Kurt
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 10:47:37 PM »
I think the closest Scott 'coming' Kurt was boning his wife...
Well I guess there was a way to make that quote even more disgusting I see.

*throws up in his mouth.
Courtney was quite the looker back i the day.  Nothing's sexier than a woman with lipstick on her eyelids.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

Anonymous

Scott On Kurt
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 01:25:22 AM »
I remember reading Scott saying he really missed Kurt.

Anonymous

Scott on Eddie
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 04:02:12 AM »
I went to the Pear Jam concert here in L.A. on July 9th. While I was watching them I got to thinking about all the old grunge bands. Then I thought "I wonder if Eddie and Scott ever had beef between each other" (no gay jokes please). Ive never heard of them talking about each other whether it was good or bad. Did I miss something?

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott on Eddie
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 05:04:25 AM »
eddie def had scott's beef in his gay hole
The lunatic, is on the grass.