September 27, 2024, 06:16:26 PM

Author Topic: STP to play entire Core album live for July 31 webcast  (Read 16483 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP to play entire Core album live for July 31 webcast
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 11:04:07 PM »
Will be interesting, Jeff doing Wet My Bed.

I'm interested to see how they'll do that one in general. Will they do the drum heavy version they used to play live back in 93? Or will they try to do it more like the album version? Maybe just have guitar and vocals? I guess we'll see.

Also interested how they'll do Where the River Goes. They always dropped the little intro solo live back in the day, I wonder if they'll still be doing that?
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 12:11:59 AM »
Sorry of double post, but here's a small interview with Dean talking about the live stream:

https://www.macombdaily.com/entertainment/stone-temple-pilots-live-online-5-things-to-know/article_23e0e6e0-ce38-5bef-9d2d-422302b6079f.html?fbclid=IwAR3AqoVzeB_D5yR_dwEvy4s0pt1bIfyeScxhUSrdhQqtcKgjfj_qqwEkflE

The most interesing bits:

• DeLeo is, in fact, hoping that STP will elect to perform some of the group's other albums in the near future. "Maybe we can do something special like this with each album, go into different locations and just kind of perform each record from top to bottom. I think it'd be really fun. It's be something of a challenge, and I think everybody would really, really be up for it. The records are so diverse and different from one another, it'd be pretty fulfilling."

• STP released a new album, the acoustic-flavored "Perdida," in February, and DeLeo says the group, with unexpected time on its hands, is working on material for its next release. "Between Robert and I, there's always at least a dozen and a half songs floating around, maybe 20 — even if it's just, like, a snippet or a part. There's always a lot of stuff around. And Jeff works so fast. He'll come up with a melody and just start scatting something pretty quickly. He's full of ideas as well, so new music is really a big part of the band again, which feels great."

So at least Dean wants to do this for more albums. I'd love to see them play through the whole catalog live, and this seems like the most reasonable way to do it. If it's not that expensive for them, they can just set up in Eric's studio and bang out each album and they don't have to worry about filling venues.

Also excited to hear they have 18-20 song ideas. Hopefully this Core show will inspire them to do a back to basic hard rock album. I like the experimental side of STP, but we haven't got what I'd consider a hard rock album out of them since No. 4.

Roe

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 03:04:41 PM »
I was just thinking from an economic standpoint that if this PPV works out it would probably be a good platform for the Perdida show too.

My one concern for the Perdida show would be that adding extra musicians might me difficult in times of social distancing.

But honestly, if this quarantine continues and the PPV event isn't that expensive for the band to make, then I hope they continue doing them. Maybe continue playing albums in their entirety...

I was thinking from an economic standpoint for the future, had the same concern regarding extra musicians in our current settings.  That's great that Dean wants to do more albums though, I'd be on board. Wonder if that would change Jeff's stance on singing Sour Girl or if they'd just skip it. Perhaps an instrumental version?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 03:17:41 PM »
I was just thinking from an economic standpoint that if this PPV works out it would probably be a good platform for the Perdida show too.

My one concern for the Perdida show would be that adding extra musicians might me difficult in times of social distancing.

But honestly, if this quarantine continues and the PPV event isn't that expensive for the band to make, then I hope they continue doing them. Maybe continue playing albums in their entirety...

I was thinking from an economic standpoint for the future, had the same concern regarding extra musicians in our current settings.  That's great that Dean wants to do more albums though, I'd be on board. Wonder if that would change Jeff's stance on singing Sour Girl or if they'd just skip it. Perhaps an instrumental version?

Actuall I think the band already out voted Jeff on that and they played it a couple times live with him. But really Nom 4 would be an exciting one to see them do in general, Jeff rrally nails that material.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 03:26:21 AM »
Another interview with Dean. He reveal they were planning on playing I Got You and Hello It's Late on the canceled Perdida tour.

Ouch.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 05:36:11 AM »
Another interview with Dean. He reveal they were planning on playing I Got You and Hello It's Late on the canceled Perdida tour.

Ouch.

Ouch is right. I had VIP tickets for San Francisco. To hear those 2 in person would have been a dream come true.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 01:16:02 PM »

I think fans would lap up this kind of content quarantine or not.

I'd pay to stream any of the first 5 albums, or 2018/Perdida performed in its entirety regardless of the virus situation, properly touring all those different albums would not be practical in any case as they would not draw the necessary crowds to justify the expense of a concert tour. But a PPV event is just perfect.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 06:06:07 PM »

I think fans would lap up this kind of content quarantine or not.

Yup. Remember when this band did nothing for decades? It was exciting when a song made it to radio because you had hope that some extra track or two would be on a CD single release.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2020, 06:18:52 PM »
Cool I just won a code to tonight's concert on reddit!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2020, 06:27:37 PM »
They added audio from two more shows top the Nugs catalog. August 13 2010, Minneapolis MN, which includes Cinnamon and Dare if You Dare, and May 13 2018, Boulder CO which includes Middlle of Nowhere, Atlanta, Coma and Piece of Pie. I think the 2010 setlist is actually the more exciting this time, besides the mentioned S/T songs it also includes the acoustic electric version of Pretty Penny they were doing back then (which I liked quite a bit) as well as covers of Dancin Days and Jean Genie.

Cool I just won a code to tonight's concert on reddit!

Sweet! Congrats!

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2020, 06:55:31 PM »
They added audio from two more shows top the Nugs catalog. August 13 2010, Minneapolis MN, which includes Cinnamon and Dare if You Dare, and May 13 2018, Boulder CO which includes Middlle of Nowhere, Atlanta, Coma and Piece of Pie. I think the 2010 setlist is actually the more exciting this time, besides the mentioned S/T songs it also includes the acoustic electric version of Pretty Penny they were doing back then (which I liked quite a bit) as well as covers of Dancin Days and Jean Genie.

thanks for letting us know about the new shows...........both also have a CD option for $23.......wonder if they will just ship you a CD-R, or will be more like a official release with a booklet containing notes (and maybe pix?) from the show.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2020, 08:19:43 PM »

Sweet! Congrats!

Thanks! Since I got into the show for free, I went bought I few of the MP3 shows they are hosting. Now I'm excited for our afternoon dog walk as the pups!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2020, 10:22:26 PM »

thanks for letting us know about the new shows...........both also have a CD option for $23.......wonder if they will just ship you a CD-R, or will be more like a official release with a booklet containing notes (and maybe pix?) from the show.

That's interesting. The first two shows still aren't available on CD, but these two are.

Nugs is the same company that does the official Pearl Jam "bootlegs", so I think it should be a proper CD in a digipack, but with no booklet.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2020, 11:30:05 PM »
I was looking at ordering the show tonight.
I have a Firestick. No Nugs app. They used to have a partnership with QELLO, but not anymore.

Question. If I watch it on my tv from the web browser, will i experience any out of sync issues or poor video quality?

I really prefer to watch on my tv rather than phone or tablet.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 12:15:41 AM »
I was looking at ordering the show tonight.
I have a Firestick. No Nugs app. They used to have a partnership with QELLO, but not anymore.

Question. If I watch it on my tv from the web browser, will i experience any out of sync issues or poor video quality?

I really prefer to watch on my tv rather than phone or tablet.

You could possibly use the mirror setting on your Firestick to mirror your phone or tablet.... But I can't vouch for the picture quality that way.

I'm just hooking my laptop to my TV via HDMI, that's the best solution I think if it's possible for you.