September 21, 2024, 08:27:02 AM

Author Topic: 'Autopsy' The Last Hours Of Scott Weiland to air soon...  (Read 1405 times)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
'Autopsy' The Last Hours Of Scott Weiland to air soon...
« on: April 28, 2020, 03:38:01 AM »

I don’t know a great deal about this other than Doug mentioning it the other night on his live stream. He said he is featured in it and doesn’t sugar coat anything regarding Scott’s use of prescription drugs and alcohol. I’ve seen the one they did about Chris Cornell and found it interesting but obviously depressing. Apparently people have already seen advertisements for this so I guess it’ll air later in the year.

Here’s the IMDB page for the episode:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11752650/

It would also appear they were auditioning for someone to play Scott last year with auditions taking place in London:
https://www.backstage.com/casting/autopsy-the-last-hours-of-scott-weiland-300802/

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 03:39:37 AM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 'Autopsy' The Last Hours Of Scott Weiland to air soon...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »
I've watched one or two of these. They aren't that great. I've watched them more for simply watching content about an artist I love(d).

I really wish Scott had gotten his act together for the long-talked-about VH1 Behind the Music.
If I remember correctly, VH1 had it slotted in their production schedule and Scott couldn't be bothered to show up.

Then again, what year was that? Was it towards the end?
If so, thinking back, I'm not so sure we needed a documentary with later-day Scott stumbling through his words to tell a story.

I miss the dude that was larger than life.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 04:51:21 PM »
I've watched one or two of these. They aren't that great. I've watched them more for simply watching content about an artist I love(d).

I really wish Scott had gotten his act together for the long-talked-about VH1 Behind the Music.
If I remember correctly, VH1 had it slotted in their production schedule and Scott couldn't be bothered to show up.

If so, thinking back, I'm not so sure we needed a documentary with later-day Scott stumbling through his words to tell a story.

IIRC, they tried to record Behind the Music in late 2009, planning for a 2010 release around the time the new album came out.

As far as the Autopsy show... I hate those things. Nothing but some random people making a cheap documentary to profit off people's deaths.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »

IIRC, they tried to record Behind the Music in late 2009, planning for a 2010 release around the time the new album came out.

As far as the Autopsy show... I hate those things. Nothing but some random people making a cheap documentary to profit off people's deaths.

Doug actually discusses the failed Behind the Music episode in one of his live streams I think but I’ll have to find the right one since he’s posted so many. I haven’t watched them all myself yet.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 08:55:38 PM »

Doug actually discusses the failed Behind the Music episode in one of his live streams I think but I’ll have to find the right one since he’s posted so many. I haven’t watched them all myself yet.

Please do.
I'm going through them myself. This is good stuff.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 08:57:38 PM »

Doug mentioned on one of his live streams that the Behind The Music was cancelled because they couldn’t get a good interview out of Weiland.  The one interview he did with VH1 was extremely tangential and they needed something more coherent but Scott wouldn’t sit down for another interview.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!