September 30, 2024, 03:31:54 PM

Author Topic: Appreciation for live performances of ‘Plush’  (Read 1180 times)

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
Appreciation for live performances of ‘Plush’
« on: April 29, 2019, 05:19:00 PM »
just doing this for some fun, lighthearted discussion...

We have talked about several of STP’s “crown jewel” shows they performed in their time...

How about looking at the performance of a single song, in this case ‘Plush’...

What is your favorite performance the band has of Plush?

I was just watching the Montreal show that was played back in 2000. I haven’t watched this show quite as much as others. But I really enjoy ‘Plush’ from this particular show. Just felt like they were having fun at this time.

What about you?

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Appreciation for live performances of ‘Plush’
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 07:05:06 PM »
I always enjoyed how that riff Dean used to add to the end of Plush made it onto Hickory Dichotomy.

ethelave91

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 01:18:08 AM »
Coma, 2001 Latrobe, Pennsylvania show

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 01:48:39 AM »
For me it's between Vegas 99 and Spring Break 97. Something about the way Scott sang Core songs in the late 90s was fantastic. Smoother than the early years, but still in that low range.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 02:21:41 AM »
I always enjoyed how that riff Dean used to add to the end of Plush made it onto Hickory Dichotomy.

Very interesting! It never crossed my mind like that.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 02:31:00 AM »
For me it's between Vegas 99 and Spring Break 97. Something about the way Scott sang Core songs in the late 90s was fantastic. Smoother than the early years, but still in that low range.

That Vegas performance of Plush was on my mind too! The band laid that one down so good, Scott sounded fantastic, and also the camera work was great.

Cannot go wrong with the spring break 97. That was very well done! That was actually one of my favorite performances of Sex Type Thing. I just like how they went straight though, without the extension at the end. The energy from it was enjoyable.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 06:51:59 PM »

Cannot go wrong with the spring break 97. That was very well done! That was actually one of my favorite performances of Sex Type Thing. I just like how they went straight though, without the extension at the end. The energy from it was enjoyable.

That's probably my favorite performance of STT, too... Scott's just an animal on that one. He really nailed the transitions between the high and low parts. And of course, you just can't beat Dean playing his Les Paul Special with P90s.

Speaking of which; I'll have to add the performance of Plush at LA House of Blues to the list, too, Since that's one of very few times Dean played Plush on his LP Special instead of a Standard with humbuckers.
Grab the hate and drown it out...