September 30, 2024, 08:24:30 AM

Author Topic: Butterfly ltd vinyl release  (Read 6059 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Butterfly ltd vinyl release
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 08:24:14 PM »
I'm still in for this of course, but the track listing is disappointing. I've got almost all of these cuts in some form or another sung live by Weiland.
Honestly, the band should've released STP II as a complete live album of STP II material. Get more people into Gutt's new stuff a bit.  But I chaulk it up to another dismal marketing error from this band in an inexplicably long list of marketing errors concerning their releases over the years.

Not to mention we already have multiple soundboard recordings of Gutt singing every one of these songs. Even the acoustic ones are probably the radio performance they did earlier in the year.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Silvergun Batman

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 08:28:10 PM »
If I were a betting man, I'd say that the 3 acoustic tracks come from when they did a bit for my local rock station in Nashville.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/stone-temple-pilots-interview-acoustic-performance-at-102-9-the-buzz-acoustic-den/

I got a picture of a photograph ...

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 05:40:39 PM »
If anyone gets this album at their indie record store, will they please place it in downloads so we all can have a chance to experience it?

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 08:23:22 PM »
If anyone gets this album at their indie record store, will they please place it in downloads so we all can have a chance to experience it?

I think Rik would have to clear that first.

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 08:45:27 PM »

That's quite fine. Sadly, there's no indie record store in my area, nor do I have any kind of turntable, let alone one with MP3 capability. Hopefully, anyone who does will clear things with Rik so we can get our shot to hear it.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 09:32:36 PM »
It will be readily available on eBay.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »

That's quite fine. Sadly, there's no indie record store in my area, nor do I have any kind of turntable, let alone one with MP3 capability. Hopefully, anyone who does will clear things with Rik so we can get our shot to hear it.

Might be wrong, but I do expect this to be released digitally via itunes, amazon, etc. at some point in the future
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2018, 11:20:01 AM »
Been reading there are some issues with this release, just wondering if anyone here can confirm
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

njet

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2018, 12:25:46 AM »
Yes there are issuses - the recording is too slow! Check other buyers on STP facebook site! It sounds like everyone had valium either the band or the technicians - how Rhino can let this one through says something about the crisis in the record-industry also I bought Bobbie Gentry's "Ode To Billie Joe" and there was a whole other record in the sleeve??

Just skip on this release i wrote Rhino through >Facebook haven't heard anything yet meanwhile i returned the album at the record store i bought it in - they heard it too...

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 01:47:02 AM »
Are you all setting your records to play at the wrong RPM (45 vs 33) or the record was pressed at wrong speed ?

njet

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »
The record was pressed at the wrong speed - which is too slow...

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 06:51:58 AM »
I just time the Vinyl vasoline compared to the video of Vasoline as the show...10 seconds slower on the vinyl...

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »
There are enough complaints on this that it's no isolated incident.

How embarrassing!!! Where's the quality control? Why is this band incapable of getting things right? We can blame management til our faces turn blue when you've had a career filled with mismanagement at some point you have to blame the band on some of these mishaps. And where's the response from the band and/or management? Smooth over the fans that actually DO support this record. Tell them you'll get it right. Offer a resolution. These guys are so disconnected.

Sure, I can be an asshole and say, "well, this will go unnoticed because it's not like anyone will buy this anyway" but WTF. These guys are such talented songwriters and musicians and haven't a clue about the rest of it. No wonder they are the butt of everyone's jokes. Makes me mad.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 11:20:54 PM »
There are enough complaints on this that it's no isolated incident.

How embarrassing!!! Where's the quality control? Why is this band incapable of getting things right? We can blame management til our faces turn blue when you've had a career filled with mismanagement at some point you have to blame the band on some of these mishaps. And where's the response from the band and/or management? Smooth over the fans that actually DO support this record. Tell them you'll get it right. Offer a resolution. These guys are so disconnected.

Sure, I can be an asshole and say, "well, this will go unnoticed because it's not like anyone will buy this anyway" but WTF. These guys are such talented songwriters and musicians and haven't a clue about the rest of it. No wonder they are the butt of everyone's jokes. Makes me mad.

They probably don't read social media that much and therefore don't know there is a problem.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 04:35:02 AM »
When I went to see the leftovers on Saturday at my record shop, there was 4 or 5 copies still in stock so it doesn't look like it was a very hot seller....

Bleeda blooda