September 29, 2024, 09:32:21 PM

Author Topic: Discussion about Vaporized’s credibility  (Read 9301 times)

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion about Vaporized’s credibility
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 04:50:18 PM »
I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja.

Oops!

That could be boiled down to a 50/50 shot, which is the same as a coin flip, which equals it could have been anyone's guess.

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »
If Vaporized actually had insider information, he could easily prove it by doing the following:

1. Pick a song on the album that hasn't been released.

2. Pick a random time in the song (mm:ss) where Jeff is singing.

3. Tell us what word is being sung at that time in that song on the album. have inside information. He never has.

Dude...I was thinking the same thing yesterday...crazy minds think alike!

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »
That would only prove he has heard the album anyway, lots of people have heard it. It was reviewed 3 weeks ago by a British tabloid newspaper.

Doesn't mean he has a connection to the band, just that he knows one of the many people who have access to the stream.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 05:22:56 PM »
That would only prove he has heard the album anyway, lots of people have heard it. It was reviewed 3 weeks ago by a British tabloid newspaper.

Doesn't mean he has a connection to the band, just that he knows one of the many people who have access to the stream.

It wouldn't prove that he has a connection to the band, but at least it would prove that he has the album early... although he might have just gotten it from torrents.

Back in '99, I downloaded No. 4 from IRC a week or two before its release date. Did the same with SLDD. (I still went out and bought each CD on release date -- I just wanted to hear the new music so badly.) Nowadays, it's even easier to get leaked early releases thanks to torrents.

So yeah, it wouldn't prove much to those of us who know better. If he really wanted us to believe he has a connection, he should have done something like this several weeks ago. But I'm calling his bluff anyways, because I don't think he can prove anything.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 05:27:19 PM »
Well, as you pointed out with your quote, a good way to prove it would have been knowing who had been singing for the band for the last year...

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 05:46:26 PM »
Well, as you pointed out with your quote, a good way to prove it would have been knowing who had been singing for the band for the last year...

Exactly, and as you said on the other thread, STP would have been writing and recording with Jeff for over a year at the time Vaporized said it was not him or Borja. It blows my mind how anyone could think this guy has a real connection to the band yet somehow got that one gigantic piece of information wrong, even despite all we knew pointing to it being Jeff -- that Jeff was in LA and not working on anything else, or when Geno Lenardo posted about STP's private show and his connection to Jeff, or that time news leaked that they had picked Jeff back in November 2016, etc.

By the time Vaporized made this "reveal" that it wasn't Jeff or Borja, the rest of us (who don't pretend to have a connection to the band) all had enough information to be about 90% sure it was Jeff... so the idea that Vaporized's "connection" got this most critical piece of information wrong strains all credulity.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »
I have no idea if this guy is lying or not about having heard the album but he DID provide some lyrics from unheard songs where the lyrics haven’t leaked in another thread, songs such as ‘Guilty’, ‘Good Shoes’, ‘Finest Hour’ & ‘Just A Little Lie’ along with some rather vague descriptions of each song.

According to Vaporized -
“Guilty. Starts with drums. Catchy song with a great chorus. “I’m guilty in my ways!”
“Just a Little Lie. Plods along slowly. Sort of a heavier riff. Dean’s solo is good. “It’s the only wat to go from hereeee.”
“Finest Hour. “You never said goodbye and left a void... I know because it’s true.”
“Good Shoes. This albums Bagman. Total trash song. “I’m going down, down down. I hope she lets me in.” yuck”

These are the lyrics I’ll be looking for when the album is leaked/released to see if he was telling the truth or not about hearing the album in advance. As for having an actual connection with the band? Yeah I’m gonna call bullshit on that one.

On a side note I have it on good authority that the chorus for ‘Guilty’ is actually:
Only you can set me free
‘Cause I'm guilty
Guilty as a girl can be
Come on baby can't you see
I stand accused of love in the first degree
Guilty of love in the first degree”

I can’t reveal my sources though, it’s more than my job is worth sorry...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:52:52 PM by CagedTiger »
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 09:55:51 PM »
I think Vaporized is Eric Kretz...

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 11:16:06 PM »
Good grief you people...who bloody cares?

If he's lying/trolling then you are giving him what he wants, attention.

If he has legit info about the record then cool...whatever.

Your hateboner for a troll/insider/whatever is deeply stupid

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 12:02:59 AM »
Good grief you people...who bloody cares?

If he's lying/trolling then you are giving him what he wants, attention.

If he has legit info about the record then cool...whatever.

Your hateboner for a troll/insider/whatever is deeply stupid

Agreed waste of time I thought we were here for the mutual conversation and love of the band

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 12:38:58 AM »
Your hateboner for a troll

I can't help it. I'm guilty. Guilty as a girl can be.

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 01:01:39 AM »

It wouldn't prove that he has a connection to the band, but at least it would prove that he has the album early... although he might have just gotten it from torrents.

Back in '99, I downloaded No. 4 from IRC a week or two before its release date. Did the same with SLDD. (I still went out and bought each CD on release date -- I just wanted to hear the new music so badly.) Nowadays, it's even easier to get leaked early releases thanks to torrents.

So yeah, it wouldn't prove much to those of us who know better. If he really wanted us to believe he has a connection, he should have done something like this several weeks ago. But I'm calling his bluff anyways, because I don't think he can prove anything.

Actually, albums are protected better these days because the band usually just links the reviewers to a stream with a silent watermark...I'm pretty sure it still hasn't leaked. Back in the late 90s early 2000s albums almost always leaked a few weeks, or even months before the release date.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 01:17:40 AM »

Actually, albums are protected better these days because the band usually just links the reviewers to a stream with a silent watermark...I'm pretty sure it still hasn't leaked. Back in the late 90s early 2000s albums almost always leaked a few weeks, or even months before the release date.

Agreed. If this album was on torrent sites etc we would all know about it by now. I think they’ve just done a good job of keeping this album out of the wrong hands.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 01:22:56 AM »
 I actually looked at a few torrent sites and I don’t see it anywhere, so if Vaporized wants to do the lyric timestamp thing, and ends up giving legitimate answers, then I’ll buy that he had the album early. Otherwise my assessment remains that he is full of shit.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 01:29:30 AM »
I'm game.

Pick a song and a random time in that song and if I can decipher a word or lyric or whether there is singing going on or if it's music or both, I'll tell you.

Go.

I actually beat ya'll to it in case it leaked tonight. Some random times where Jeff starts singing and where Dean's solos start. Look a couple posts down...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:48:21 AM by Vaporized »
Take it.