September 29, 2024, 09:15:06 PM

Author Topic: Discussion about Vaporized’s credibility  (Read 9290 times)

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
Discussion about Vaporized’s credibility
« on: March 11, 2018, 01:28:06 PM »
This topic used to be about the signing session at Amoeba SF, but got off topic way too fast.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:37:13 AM by Rik »

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion about Vaporized’s credibility
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 02:37:27 PM »
The album will likely hit the web tomorrow, for those that won't be able to wait until Friday...

The album went from being just okay for me to actually being pretty good. I spent some considerable time with it this weekend and it's pretty strong.

Will it take them to their popularity of 20 years ago? No. But I think it's good enough to please most of their longtime fans, maybe bring in a few new ones and allow them the ability to play shows. Does it stand up to anything on Core, Purple, Tiny Music, No.4 and Shangri? Not a chance. It's more a representation of where they've been musically since 2010 and the music that made it to High Rise. There is nothing genius. It's a good, straight forward rock album with a three ballads.

I'll probably go to Best Buy to buy the version with the bonus tracks as I didn't pre-order it anywhere.
Take it.

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 09:56:34 PM »
The album will likely hit the web tomorrow, for those that won't be able to wait until Friday...

The album went from being just okay for me to actually being pretty good. I spent some considerable time with it this weekend and it's pretty strong.

Will it take them to their popularity of 20 years ago? No. But I think it's good enough to please most of their longtime fans, maybe bring in a few new ones and allow them the ability to play shows. Does it stand up to anything on Core, Purple, Tiny Music, No.4 and Shangri? Not a chance. It's more a representation of where they've been musically since 2010 and the music that made it to High Rise. There is nothing genius. It's a good, straight forward rock album with a three ballads.

I'll probably go to Best Buy to buy the version with the bonus tracks as I didn't pre-order it anywhere.

Its too late for you to convince anyone. Learn from this and try again next time.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 10:20:48 PM »
Once you hear it and you look back at what I wrote, it will be crystal clear to you.

It’s a Play MPE stream from Rhino. Anyone that doubts will be choking on their words later.
Take it.

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 11:36:13 PM »
Once you hear it and you look back at what I wrote, it will be crystal clear to you.

It’s a Play MPE stream from Rhino. Anyone that doubts will be choking on their words later.

You dont get it.

You very well could have heard or had access to the album early....my point is that its too late to convince anyone of that. You chose to make safe, general observations when you started posting. Since then, there is enough people out there to get info from if we really, really wanted to.

You haven't written anything specific enough to be convincing...and if you did today, again, you waited too long.

Next time, if you have something early, either choose to share in the appropriate way or don't say anything at all.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 01:14:04 AM »
Haven't really seen too many 'official' reviews posted yet.

When you hear the album, go back to my track by track 'vague' review and it'll be spot on with what you're hearing.

All you guys continue to doubt I know someone pretty close to the band. My having this record early should only prove this yet again.

It doesn't really matter anyway... Just enjoy it when you get to hear it... Whenever that will be.

I still have a good feeling tomorrow will be the day. I know there is talk of putting it on one of the larger platforms to stream beginning tomorrow. Makes sense seeing as the band will be signing copies tomorrow. Not sure the 16th street date matters much after tomorrow...
Take it.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 03:22:53 AM »

I still have a good feeling tomorrow will be the day. I know there is talk of putting it on one of the larger platforms to stream beginning tomorrow. Makes sense seeing as the band will be signing copies tomorrow. Not sure the 16th street date matters much after tomorrow...

You hear anything about the plegemusic digital download? Mainly do you think they'll offer it up when it hits streaming servies?

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 04:25:46 AM »
When you hear the album, go back to my track by track 'vague' review and it'll be spot on with what you're hearing.

All you guys continue to doubt I know someone pretty close to the band. My having this record early should only prove this yet again.

Nobody doubts you, and nobody cares anymore. It's the internet: it's entirely possible for somebody to know somebody who knows someone who is somebody.

As for the SF thing, I'd totally go to that Amoeba event but I'm working and I'd rather have the money than hear an album I'm not super excited about. 1 out of the 4 I've heard so far haven't been supremely mediocre, but that's actually a better track record than I thought my biased opinion on this new batch of music would have.
Bleeda blooda

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 07:40:01 AM »
I'll be at the gig Monday night!
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 12:08:09 PM »

Nope, it just proves you know a music journalist. The Sunday Express in the UK had this album 3 weeks ago.

If you knew somebody close to the band, you wouldn't have confirmed to us their new singer definitely wasn't Jeff Gutt, a week before they announced their new singer was Jeff Gutt, and had been for a year.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »
I don't know a journalist. Not sure any journalist would forward one of the emails from Play MPE to someone else to stream. I believe IP's are logged by the system each time someone logs in.

This was sent directly to me.

Not sure why I'm still justifying this to you at this point.
Take it.

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 03:59:03 PM »
I don't know a journalist. Not sure any journalist would forward one of the emails from Play MPE to someone else to stream. I believe IP's are logged by the system each time someone logs in.

This was sent directly to me.

Not sure why I'm still justifying this to you at this point.
Probably because you feel the innate need to try and prove yourself when really, it simply doesn't matter one way or the other. You'll keep making claims and regardless of whether or not they're true, some of us will believe them and some of us absolutely won't. It's a wash, man.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »
I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 04:49:43 PM »
If Vaporized actually had insider information, he could easily prove it by doing the following:

1. Pick a song on the album that hasn't been released.

2. Pick a random time in the song (mm:ss) where Jeff is singing.

3. Tell us what word is being sung at that time in that song on the album.

Even though the lyrics are out for some songs (via pictures of the CD insert), he could pick a song that hasn't had its lyrics leaked, or even better: do this with a few different songs, to eliminate any doubt that he actually has the album.

But he won't do it. Why? Because he's full of shit. I have asked him to do things like this before to prove his information, but he never does. He ignores these requests. He will either ignore this or give some lame excuse as to why he can't do it. Watch.

He has always only given vague "reviews" or "hints" to make people think he has insider information. His clues were based off of information that was already being discussed here and sometimes ended up being dead wrong (like when he revealed Pete Murray as the new singer) or were so ridiculously vague they proved nothing (like when he claimed to have heard High Rise early and his "proof" was that every song had a Dean solo).

Time and again, he has been called out for being a fraud by veterans on this board. He doesn't even post here when things are quiet with the band. Yet whenever something new is coming out relating to this band, he suddenly pops up again claiming to have "inside information" from his "connection to the band". He doesn't have inside information. He never has.