September 29, 2024, 01:18:11 AM

Author Topic: 2018-03-09 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues  (Read 4461 times)

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
2018-03-09 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
« on: February 23, 2018, 08:56:36 AM »

House of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
Friday, Mar 09, 2018 - 7:00PM

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2018-03-09 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 12:21:43 AM »
My brother will be in attendance for this show. If there is a particular song you want recorded and posted that we haven't been seeing thus far, let me know and Ill make it happen!

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 12:50:53 AM »
Ultimately I'd like him to NOT record and just enjoy the show.  But if he does end up recording just get every song that is not on the Thank You cd.

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 12:00:08 AM »
Ultimately I'd like him to NOT record and just enjoy the show.  But if he does end up recording just get every song that is not on the Thank You cd.

Lol I got ya.

I mean, my intentions were good in asking....trying to think of the people who may not get to see the band anytime soon...like that Rik guy for example :)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 04:51:12 PM »
Last night Johnny Depp and Joe Perry joined the boys for Down, Sex Type Thing, and a cover of Toys in the Attic. If they have another guest spot, that would be cool to see.

Otherwise, I'm game for more SLDD and No.4 album cuts.

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 09:18:08 AM »
SetList

Wicked Garden
Vasoline
Lounge Fly
Silvergun Superman
Sex And Violence
Regeneration
Glide
Big Empty
Atlanta
Plush
Meadow
Interstate Love Song
Too Cool Queenie
Sin
Roll Me Under
Dead And Bloated
Sex Type Thing
Trippin

Coma
Piece of Pie

oldleadbelly

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 02:19:12 PM »

In the Sex and Violence video you can really tell Jeff is beginning to get more comfortable with the showmanship of the songs.  It's simply impossible not to slither around to the groove of the STP catalog.

BrewerFanKing

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 03:26:38 PM »
I can't say enough about the job Jeff is doing, from what I see in the videos. The crowds seem to be responding too, judging by the reactions and the STP chants. So happy for the band and I can't wait to see how Jeff continues to evolve.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 03:28:29 PM »

In the Sex and Violence video you can really tell Jeff is beginning to get more comfortable with the showmanship of the songs.  It's simply impossible not to slither around to the groove of the STP catalog.

Loving it. Jeff is killing it, and the band sounds great as always. Also loving these set lists. This is an exciting time!

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 03:31:21 PM »
That is really cool! Gutt is doing great. Definitely getting more comfortable up there 8)

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 03:34:04 PM »
So far, the subtle changes to the setlist each night are very much appreciated on my end. I feel like we haven't heard Sex and Violence in a really long time and while it may seem like a random track to someone going and wanting to hear Plush 19 times, this is absolutely a deep cut for me. Too Cool Queenie has always been another favorite and I'm very glad to see it on the setlist.

When the band first went out with Chester, I was very curious what we were going to get setlist-wise and now that they are out there with Jeff, playing deep cuts and diversifying the setlist as they did with Chester, I really feel that unfortunately Scott was truly the one holding them back all those years. I'm sure everyone here already knows this, but playing some of these deeper songs with a healthy singer really seems to confirm what we were all already thinking.

Part of me is happy and sad to say that the guys really seem to be in a position now where they can actually sit together and say, "What should we play tonight?" And then Eric or someone else can say, "Let's try Army Ants. We haven't done that one in a while." Whereas, back in 2010, the band heavily relied on their greatest hits. I'm happy to say it because the guys deserve to be in a positive place where they can provide quality concerts and I am sad to say it because our dear Scott is missing from this beautiful picture show.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »
Sex Type Thing just uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbLeoLKrjc0

Some band miscommunication around 45 seconds in lol

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 05:37:56 PM »
STT sounded so good from this video too. I really want to see these guys again. Come on Gutt, just cut loose man! These songs were meant to groove with!

Dude all of these guys are doing awesome.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 06:54:44 PM by seattlesound »

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 06:14:56 PM »
Talked to my lil bro who was in attendance last night....

He said Eric started playing trippin when they were supposed to play STT....Dean jokingly called him out on the mic...everyone got a kick out of it.

My brother also said the crowd literally started chanting STP after about 75% of the songs....

One interesting thing to note...my brother said the band didn't talk much to the crowd....obvi we all want to hear music...but I'm surprised Robert or Dean aren't saying a few things about welcoming Jeff into the band.

For fun info...my brother snagged a setlist....but dropped a pick Robert tossed him....Robert seldom uses picks though, right?