September 29, 2024, 03:17:48 AM

Author Topic: 2018-03-09 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues  (Read 4462 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2018-03-09 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »
Wow. Amazing set. They really are changing things up from night to nught. Have they played Too Cool Queenie before with Jeff?

Talked to my lil bro who was in attendance last night....

He said Eric started playing trippin when they were supposed to play STT....Dean jokingly called him out on the mic...everyone got a kick out of it.

My brother also said the crowd literally started chanting STP after about 75% of the songs....

One interesting thing to note...my brother said the band didn't talk much to the crowd....obvi we all want to hear music...but I'm surprised Robert or Dean aren't saying a few things about welcoming Jeff into the band.

For fun info...my brother snagged a setlist....but dropped a pick Robert tossed him....Robert seldom uses picks though, right?

He doesn't use picks for bass, but he does have them for when he plays acoustic guitar in Lounge Fly. He'll usually toss the extras out throughout the night.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 08:01:52 PM »

He doesn't use picks for bass, but he does have them for when he plays acoustic guitar in Lounge Fly. He'll usually toss the extras out throughout the night.

If you mean in a live scenario that is true.  He does use a pick rarely in the studio.  According to Robert on Twitter when asked about picks:
"Hi Akari. Yes I've used a pick on just 3 songs. Adhesive, I Got You, and Maver. The rest fingers..Thank you for the question!"
[/size][/color]
I looked up a live video of Adhesive w/ Chester and no pick is used.  I Got You and Maver of course, never played live if I recall .

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 09:51:25 PM »

If you mean in a live scenario that is true.  He does use a pick rarely in the studio.  According to Robert on Twitter when asked about picks:
"Hi Akari. Yes I've used a pick on just 3 songs. Adhesive, I Got You, and Maver. The rest fingers..Thank you for the question!"
[/size][/color]
I looked up a live video of Adhesive w/ Chester and no pick is used.  I Got You and Maver of course, never played live if I recall .

Yes, I mean't live with STP. I wasn't aware he used them specifically on those songs, but I know he used one live with AoA to play Father Figure, which is on an 8 string bass. But with STP I've never seen him use a bass pick live
Grab the hate and drown it out...

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 11:53:07 PM »

He said Eric started playing trippin when they were supposed to play STT....Dean jokingly called him out on the mic...everyone got a kick out of it.

My brother also said the crowd literally started chanting STP after about 75% of the songs....

One interesting thing to note...my brother said the band didn't talk much to the crowd....obvi we all want to hear music...but I'm surprised Robert or Dean aren't saying a few things about welcoming Jeff into the band.

For fun info...my brother snagged a setlist....but dropped a pick Robert tossed him....Robert seldom uses picks though, right?

Pretty sure I was standing in front of your brother lol, was he standing to the left of the stage in front of Robert, about 3 people back? Anyway it was an amazing show, first time seeing STP live after idolizing them since I was a kid

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 07:58:13 AM »

Pretty sure I was standing in front of your brother lol, was he standing to the left of the stage in front of Robert, about 3 people back? Anyway it was an amazing show, first time seeing STP live after idolizing them since I was a kid

Any chance you were wearing a yellow shirt? My brother was in the spot you described. He is wearing a red shirt in this instagram photo, 2 rows behind the guy in the yellow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgItD7JArte/?tagged=stonetemplepilots
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 07:59:46 AM by Plushman »

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 03:13:32 PM »
I love the version of plush they’re doing. I’d love for them to do a recorded take on that sometime.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:49:05 PM by seattlesound »

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 10:39:29 PM »

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain